Sungchan: The Party

Luhan: My Annoying Husband? (Sequel to Luhan: My Annoying Boyfriend)
Please log in to read the full chapter

I looked at myself in front of the mirror with those tingling sense of 'ew's and 'aw's. I don't like it one bit.

"Lulu, come on. Be serious. Do I look okay?" I asked Lulu while I still checked myself on the mirror. Lulu was just behind me, and I appointed him as my fashion police that night.

I heard Lulu sighing from behind. "Chan-Chan, you know very well that you always look beautiful to me. Even if you'll be wearing a drag dress. You're still beautiful to me."

I turned around. "You're not helping."

His eyes were intently staring at me. "Wow. Beautiful."

"Lulu stop it!"

He then stood up from his seat and placed both his hands on my shoulders. "Chan-Chan. I'm serious. You look lovely." Then he looked me up and down. "But are you sure you're gonna go JUST LIKE THAT?! You're not even fully clothed! Jin will be there! And the fact that Jin isn't the only guy there... Chan-Chan! You fully know I'm the one who's greatly torn inside."

I find Lulu's blabbering adorable.

It was the night of that launching party for the new show. We were told to dress formally, and everyone knows how horrible I am with formal wear. But here was Lulu, still trying to make me feel like the goddess who always saw me. And I appreciate that a lot.

I tapped his cheeks gently. "Well, you could have gone if you didn't just make a ruckus back at the office."

He sighed. "I know, I know. It's my fault." He looked at me and smiled. "So can I at least be your chauffer?"

I rolled my eyes and giggled. "Oh, Lulu."

"Wait, let me get my keys, and we'll head off, okay?"

I nodded. While he was gone, I finished myself up and put all my things in that itsy bitsy small bag that came along with the dress.

Lulu peeked from outside the door of our room and waved the keys at me. "Found the keys!! Let's go?"

 

 

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid."

I laughed as we both got out of the car. "Let me just remind you who the stupid one is?" I called out to him from over the car.

He shrugged and rolled his eyes like a kid and went around to me. "Just don't do anything stupid."

I shook my head and gave up while chuckling. "Alright, alright. I won't."

A grin formed in his face. He leaned in for a goodbye kiss. "Stay safe, Chan-Chan. I'll be back exactly midnight. Or if you ever call to ask me to pick you up. Whichever way."

I nodded.

"Oh, and I invited Jonghyun and the others?"

I laughed. "Fine, fine. Just don't do anything stupid," I said, imitating him.

"Okay, mom."

He waved at me goodbye from the car and I watched as he drove off. After that, I timidly entered the party hall.

It was just beside our office, actually. But then it wasn't that small either. I got rows of goosebumps as soon as I entered because there were tons of party guests already.

First of all, I hate parties. Second, I hate crowds. And third, I hate my dress.

So as soon as I got in, I was immediately tempted to call Luhan to come back quickly.

"Sungchan!!" I turned to see Ms. Linda with her own party dress shimmering with her. She gave me a quick bear hug. "Glad you came."

"Like I have a choice," I replied jokingly.

"Oh, you dear. Well, anyway. There's not much to do here anyway, but to have fun, okay?! The drinks are over there (she pointed at one side) and the other confectionaries are at that side (she pointed beside the first). Make sure to cheer later on for my mom on her thank you speech, okay?" Then she leaned closer and whispered. "Let's just protect her evil image for tonight."

And we both shared a good laugh.

Ms. Linda then left me alone to entertain other guests. I was already on my way to the food table when Jin popped out in front of me.

"Sungchan," he smiled his winning-smile. "You look lovely tonight."

I just thought of Ms. Linda's words of having fun, so I decided not to be annoyed with Jin's presence. I gave him a normal smile. "Thanks. You too."

He was wearing those usual men tuxedos, and I must admit, he looked pretty dapper. But of course, Luhan looked better in his wedding suit...

"You're gonna get a drink?"

I nodded.

"Good. I'll come with you."

We both walked towards the food table and took the food and drinks we wanted to eat.

"Isn't this lovely? There are already a lot of people coming in to launching event. This is so exciting," Jin said excitedly.

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it sure does look exciting."

"Oh. Oh no," Jin suddenly said.

I gulped on my cupcake before reply

Please log in to read the full chapter