Sungchan: Rude boss

Luhan: My Annoying Husband? (Sequel to Luhan: My Annoying Boyfriend)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Luhan parked the car in front of the new office that I'll be working at that Monday.

"Woah..." Luhan leaned in front of me as he peeked at my window. "This office is huge, Chan-Chan. You sure you won't get lost?"

I frowned. "What am I, a baby?"

"My baby," he mused.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, Lulu." I opened my door and stepped out of the car. I turned back to Lulu. "I'll call if ever I'll be home late or I'll be home early."

"Why will you be early or late in your first day?"

"Because either this day might just be an orientation, or the boss might want me for work already and make me want to stay late."

He raised an eyebrow. "Tell me immediately if your boss is a guy."

I sighed in exasperation but smiled at Lulu's relentless childishness. "Oh, you. I will, I will. Don't worry." I kissed him goodbye and I watched his car drive away from the office. When he was gone, I stepped into the building.

At first glance outside, you'd already know that the building was designed exquisitely. But when you step inside, it's like living proof that an office building can be perfect.

I walked towards the receptionist. She was holding her phone between her ear and her shoulders, and was writing something on a paper. "... yes, yes. I'll tell her when she gets here... yeah..."

I waited for her to finish. I don't want to make enemies on my first day just by interrupting a phone call. 

When the receptionist hung up, she immediately looked at me. She smiled brightly and showed a perfect set of white teeth. She looked more like a model than a receptionist. I couldn't tell what her age was, but I think she's barely 30. "Yes, how may I help you?"

I cleared my throat. "Um, I'm Bae Sungchan, the new design supervisor?"

"OH!" Her sudden burst of reaction almost made my heart drop. She stood abruptly and walked out of the reception table. "What a conicidence. The president just called and asked me to assist you to her room as soon as you get here." She turned behind her. "Hana, I'll leave you here now, okay?"

A gloomy looking girl suddenly looked up from behind the table. I didn't even notice here there. She looked at me, then at the receptionist, then back down and nodded.

"Swell!" The receptionist turned to me and beamed once again. "Shall we go now?"

She went with me towards the elevator. "So, what's your name again?"

"Bae Sungchan, ma'am."

"Ah." A satisfied look went to her face. We reached the elevator and she pushed a button to probably where the president is. "I'm Han Linda." She offered a hand and I reached to shake it. "Nice to meet you, Bae Sungchan."

"Nice to meet you too, ma'am."

"So, you like Pororo?" She started giggling. "I sure hope you do. Because Pororo is like the threshold of this company. Of course, we still animate other cartoon series, but still. You know what I mean?"

I nodded as we went inside the elevator. "Yes, ma'am, I do. And my husband

Please log in to read the full chapter