Luhan: Grocery Shopping

Luhan: My Annoying Husband? (Sequel to Luhan: My Annoying Boyfriend)
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was one of those normal Sundays again.

But then this time, since we've been bombarded by expired foods (last night, Sungchan saw another wasted food–the Chinese takeout that I forgot to eat, the rotten eggs, and another expired milk carton), Sungchan insisted on going to the grocery.

I waited for her inside the kitchen while she checked for other things to buy.

She was writing everything on a notepad. That's how she tries to remember things. She's always been a bit forgetful of things. One time, when we were kids, she almost forgot to bring her whole bag to school. If it wasn't for me, she wouldn't have anything at school.

Well, of course, I had to first that time before I gave her her bag.

Her eyes widened and suddenly slapped me. “Omo, Lulu!”

I raised any eyebrow as we walked to school. “What?”

“I forgot my bag!”

I smirked. “Really now?”

She turned around and stopped. “I have to go back to our house and‒” She abruptly stopped because I slowly waved her bag in front of her, just at arm’s length.

“It’s this one, right?”

“You had it all along, didn’t you?”

“You want it back?”

“Lulu, come on!”

“You buy me my lunch for the whole week!”

“No fair, Lulu!” She grabbed for her bag, but I held it farther from her. She stomped her foot in frustration. “Okay fine, fine! My wallet’s in there. I can’t buy you food if you have it.”

“But you’ll buy me my lunch?”

She sighed. “Yes.”

I threw the bag to her and ran away. “Okay then! Catch me if you still want your wallet back!” I waved the wallet I took from her bag.

“LUHAAAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!”

The thing about Sungchan is that she never breaks promises. Ever. And so I had my free lunch for that whole week.

Back to the present, I watched her peek inside the refrigerator and jotted something on the notepad. She proceeded to the cupboards and did the same thing. She also checked our snack bar and jotted some things.

The more I watch her, the more I realize I’m not watching what she was doing, but I was watching her herself.

Sungchan had always been conservative. Unlike any other girls who’d wear revealing clothes, Sungchan was the shirt-jeans-shoes type of girl. Even up until now. But that didn’t make her less pretty and less y to me. She’s always gorgeous no matter what she wears.

That day, she was wearing her usual outfit: shirt, jeans, and shoes. That t-shirt is actually mine. It was a statement shirt with the words “I’m awesome” on it. It was her birthday gift to me last year. But she’s the one who usually wears it. It’s actually twice as big as her usual t-shirts. And she still looks cute in it.

She inserted the notepad inside her pocket. “I’m ready, Lulu.”

“I’ve only been waiting, dear.”

She shrugged. “I’m still ready though.” She made this cute I-don’t-care put as she passed by me, and I can’t help but fall head over heels for her all over again.

I trailed behind her and we both went to the car. After I started the engine, we proceeded to the grocery store.

Since it’s a Sunday, the parking lot was half-empty.

Or, uh, half-full. Depends on how you see it.

“The lot is almost half-empty,” Sungchan murmured.

“It’s half-full,” I contested.

She glared at me. “Half-empty.”

I parked the car and turned the engine off, and I turned to her and playfully continued our debate. “It’s half-full. How can you say

Please log in to read the full chapter