Knight : Side story

❋ Falling together with you ❋

-That day- ( One month ago ) ~

 

Leo petted the black cat's fur, admiring the gentle calmness and friendliness in the cat's eyes. He wanted to be approachable as the cat and dreamt of having a group of friends, but everyone avoided him because of his unchanging expressions and stoic personality. 

He turned his head when someone shouted his name from far. Leo shrugged.

Well, except for a certain red-haired guy.

 

“ Leoooo~ What are you doing back there ? “ Hakyeon bouncily jumped towards Leo and swiftly wrapped his arms around Leo’s waist.

" I'm sorry for coming late. Had to buy these bread or we will starve till lunch. C'mon let's eat !  “ Hakyeon said, smiling. Leo can’t help but to blush a little. This is the first time he had a friend; clingy and cheerful at that. He can’t help but to wonder curiously. Doesn’t he have other friends to spend time with instead of me ?

Leo nodded, a small smile forming on his lip. Hakyeon cheered as he tugged Leo to the back side of the garden, where it’s almost hidden from people’s view. The oldest fished out a few bread from the plastic bag and motioned for Leo to pick one as he grabbed a jelly-filled bread and started munching. They both ate in silence.

After finishing his bread, Hakyeon suddenly spoke.

" Are you sure you're okay ? "

Leo stayed still, unsure on how to answer the question. He stared at the black cat curling beside him, and nodded.

" Pretty much. " Leo muttered.

" Well, if you're being bullied again, just let me know. Although it doesn't look that serious, they might harm you later "  Hakyeon heaved a subtle sigh and fiddled with his hair.

" Uhuh " The latter dipped his head slowly. 

 

 

----------------------------------

 

" Why are you hanging out with him ? It looks like he hates you or something. Just look at those gaze that never wavered and the stillness in his expression " Ken said as he exited his room, tightly gripping his bag.

" Why, you ask ? I'm never gonna tell you 'why'. Besides, don't you think he look kinda cute?  " Hakyeon chuckled, reminiscing the moment when he first met the shy guy.

" Don't tell me you.... fall in love with him ?! " Ken suddenly shouted, eyes turning wide as he gasped in surprise.

The oldest quickly placed his hand on Ken's mouth, frantically turning his head left and right. 

" What are you talking about ? Of course not ! Please don't misunderstand " Hakyeon carefully removed his hand.

" Uh, okay. Just though you're beginning to swing that way because of the guy " 

Hakyeon immediately froze in his spot.

Swing that way ?

Probably not..

Yet.

 

-----------------------------

 

 

Leo opened his locker and placed his shoes gently, when he noticed a small-sized folded paper beneath it. Scanning his surrounding, He sneaked the note in his pocket before shutting the locker door harshly. 

 

~ Recess ~  ( At the school backyard )

 

" Where is the money ? "

Leo was picked up roughly by the collar and slammed against the wall. He gritted his teeth in pain as his back collided with the cold surface. Breathing heavily, Leo muttered through a couple of gasped.

" I'm not the one who ran away with your money, tard "  

Upon hearing the swear word, the grip on Leo's collar was tightened.

" You're her brother and she ditched me. Therefore the debt is on yours " The other guy growled.

" Hah, nonsense " Leo hissed angrily and he tried to pry the hands off, but to no avail. He was about to prepare for the last survival act : kick the guy's jewel , when someone with venomous aura and a smile which soon faltered to an evil grin suddenly appeared behind the guy that was choking him.

" Excuse me, what do you think you're doing to my precious friend ? " 

The mysterious guy flung the other guy on the ground, immediately releasing the grip on Leo's collar. Leo eye's went wide and he stared in horror, as the other guy was beaten up into a pulp. When he realized that the mysterious guy was the guy he had known so far, Leo's eyes went wider and his jaw dropped in utter shock. This wasn't Hakyeon that I knew !

After the other guy almost half-dead, Hakyeon regained his composure. He dropped his glove and flipped open his phone, placing the phone next to his ear.

" I'm at the backyard. Yeah. Please clean this mess. Thank you " 

He turned around and when his usual smile returned, Leo sighed softly. Did a monster just took control of his mind ?

" Omo Leoo~ Are you hurt anywhere ? " 

Okay, maybe not.

 

=================================================================================

A/N : Just like I promised, NEO COUPLE!!!!! (Can I take both of them home? xD CUTENESS OVERLOAD)

         Thanks as always, for reading and liking my story <3  and Commenting, subscribing, or voting is really, really appreciated :3