Invitation

❋ Falling together with you ❋

“ Erm, so I was saying…I wanted to go to the ball tonight” Hongbin started as he fidgeted nervously on his seat. Its dinner time and the five of them are sitting inside the cafeteria on the same, usual spot. However, since he doesn’t feel like talking to Ravi in private (which might create misunderstanding and Ken forced him to invite Ravi right under his nose) he had to throw his shameful side away and please Ken the best he could. At least, Hyukkie was not here and Hongbin was really thankful, since he would not have to deal with the tease and jokes from him later on.

Hongbin shifted his gaze onto the members, thinking of the right moment to say it.

Right now, Ken was looking expectantly at him, Leo and Hakyeon were busied eating their food, and Ravi….he couldn’t care less.

Hongbin gave a sideway glance to Ken with a look of this-is-all-your-fault before continuing his sentences.

“ Um, so Ravi.. Would you like to go…and uh, dance with me? “ Upon the invitation, Ravi immediately spewed out his food, Hakyeon almost choked on his spaghetti and Leo dropped his fork on his plate before attending to the choked Hakyeon. Ken, on the side note, giggled like a little girl which creep the other members out. Ravi wiped his mouth with the napkin and stared weirdly at the brunette.

“ What? Did someone poisoned your mind, or a loose screw came out?” Hongbin twitched after hearing those words as he felt like using his snappy remarks to retort back, but he forced his brain to immediately cool down.

Cool down, brain….C.O.O.L.  

“ Nothing happened to my head and I’m perfectly fine. Well, for the first friendship bonding, why not? “ Hongbin almost stuttered in embarrassment but he managed to keep his words in a smooth line. He could saw Ken covering his mouth in laughter (What the hell is so funny? ) and both Leo and Hakyeon widened their eyes in mixed feelings of disbelief, worried and surprised. A serious, shocked expression followed afterwards, which almost made Hongbin giggled too, if he was not talking about a serious matter right now.

Ravi just smirked playfully, which clearly screamed ‘You lose!’ and Hongbin hated that smirk. ‘If only I could wiped that smirk away’ he though in annoyance. However, when he remembered that he had just invited his arch enemy into one of the most girlish thing to do, his face instantly heat up in a pretty shade of pink.

What in the heaven was I doing just now? Did I just invite another guy to a- “ Well, I’m fine with it. “ Ravi replied in a monotonous voice, cutting off Hongbin’s train of thoughts. This time, everyone on the table turned to look at Ravi, including Ken, with a 'what-the-hell' and 'did-he-just-accept-it' look. Hakyeon suddenly opened his mouth as he rubbed his temple slowly.

“ Okay… STOP! This is too much for my brain to process. What is exactly happening right now? “ The red-headed male asked as a look of pure bewilderment flashed across his face.

“ Urm, he just invited me to the ball tonight….and I accepted it? “ The blonde man repeated as he glanced towards Hongbin. Aw, he blushed. How cut- wait, did I just thought that he’s cute?

“ That’s not what I’m asking about! What is happening with both of you? Urgh, kids these days… “ Hakyeon mentally slapped himself, when realization suddenly hit him.

“ Ken, don’t tell me… what you messaged yesterday- “ The latter abruptly cut in with an awkward smile, signaling Hakyeon to shut his mouth

“ Haha, yeeeeep. It’s nothing big though”

 Ravi and Hongbin both stared at them, interested as what is the ‘message’ about. Leo just shrugged in silence, as he knew full well what kind of person Ken is: The real troublemaker or they might call him as a “peacemaker”.

Hakyeon sighed as he stood up from his seat and picked up his plate.

“ Do whatever you guys want. I want to go to bed and have a good night rest instead of going to the useless ball. Right, Leo? Oh, and we also have Algebra question to solve, don’t you forget that Ravi. Well, have fun both of you“ The eldest male said before he went away with Leo beside him.

“  Then…. Have fun too! I have a date to go to and bye bye! “ Ken suddenly ran off before waving goodbye to Ravi and Hongbin. Both of them just stared awkwardly at each other and Ravi decided to finished his food silently as Hongbin stood up and walked away to his own dorm room. 

 

===================================================

A/N : Why did I feel like this fic gonna turn into a crack fic? I don't know why I giggled when 'Ravi spewed out his food and Hakyeon choked on his spaghetti' thingy occured. Like O.o ....

Anyway, thank you very much for reading, and please comment, vote and subscribe to this story if you love reading it! It keeps my motivation rising up~