Dancing time, not.

❋ Falling together with you ❋

Tonight is the ball dancing night, the one that I had been dreading from that time ever since I invited him. When I remembered that Ken is the main cause of it, I fisted my hand angrily into the air. Why in the world do I had to be his friend? I sighed in annoyance and regret. 

I really, really regret that I had to meet people like him.

I stared at myself in the mirror and brushed my own hair in frustation. Then I heard a sudden 'bang' coming from the door and I turn around, facing the bedroom door with a slight frown. It was Hyuk, and he looked kind of amused seeing me.

"Well... Hello roommate" was all he said before placing his stuff on his desk and lazily jumped on the bed, with his face buried inside the blanket. I rolled my eyes at the sudden greeting.

Roommate? y- " It's not good to curse to people, Binnie" he said with muffled words and snorted.

"It's my mouth and I do what I want with it" I replied with a 'hmph' while folding my arms.

"Your girly behaviour still doesn't change." he laughed as I stared at his back, trying to burn a hole in his body so that he would jumped off from his bed and get out of my room. His laughter quickly quieted down and he turned his body, facing me with a look that I always remember when we were childhood. His sorrowful eyes, as if he had lost a very important person in his life.

"Have you forgotten about me? I mean...about us?" 

I just shrugged at his question. How could I forget about that, but I don't intend to dwell in the past and hold onto it. Instead, I choose to escape from everything and move on.

I fixated my gaze on him with slight annoyance.

"So what? The past is the past, and I choose to forget them." I heard he grunted in displeased as he rolled back on the bed. Then, I heard a muffled reply that was to soft to understand, but I know him fairly well to understand what he was about to reply.

"But I can't forget about you"

And then heavy silence fall upon us and suddenly after, I heard his light snoring from afar. I rolled my eyes again. What a quick sleeper.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I had to get out quietly and that is the toughest part. Hyuk is a very light sleeper and whenever I made a move, he always squirmed in his bed because of the tiniest sound. I don't want him to know where I'm going tonight. Especially him.

I tiptoed across the room and pulled the door open as softly as I could. The door creaked a little as I cringed upon hearing it. I turned my head back towards Hyuk, and when he was still fast asleep, I sighed in relief. 

And finally, I managed to get out of the room and went down the stairs towards the ballroom. Students and even teachers were already pouring in and I had to squeezed my way inside, feeling exhausted and tired at the same time.

THIS. IS. WHY. I. HATE. CROWD.

And when I finally escaped the great tragedy called 'the human flood', I breathed out in huge relief. That's when I saw him.

I almost stumbled down, just because my eyes were glued on him. Why is he so dashing tonight?

'Eww Hongbin, get your mind straight. There's nothing 'dashing' about him.', was what my innermost mind said. I shook the thought away, feeling disgusted because I just thought of another guy as attractive. I wonder why I thought of that, when he was wearing the same clothes as all the other males.

I quickly strolled to the buffet table, trying to lengthen the time before I had to dance with him. The other students were already busy dancing and flocking the buffet table; and that Ravi guy doesn't seemed to notice me. My eyes scanned the table as I took a few sandwiches and a glass of fruitpunch before going to the corner of the ballroom and observing the event from afar. As I was busy munching on my food and focusing on Ravi (so that I could escape when he found me), Ken suddenly appeared in front of my eyes. I almost choked on my food but managed to swallow it, and I heard he giggled from seeing me.

"Hahaha, shocked, aren't you?" he grinned cheekily. I punched his shoulder as hard as I could after clearing my throat.

"Damn you and your sudden appearance"

"Hey, how could you! You can't 'damn' me or I will shout for him" Ken pursed his lips towards Ravi. I cursed silently under my breath and quickly covered his mouth with my hand. But it was too late.

And then, the devil came. 

He seemed to happy with his goofy smile. Did he won a lottery or something?

"Uh, hi Hongbin" I stared at him in sudden surprised. Why is he so shy and awkward? I then heard a soft giggling again, and I turned my head towards Ken. He seemed like he was about to burst from laughing, but he held back. I squinted my eyes at him in arousing suspicion. Did he do something again?

"I'm gonna go now. Have funnnnnnnn~" Ken quickly fled away and he left me again, with the super awkward guy. I mentally screamed at Ken with frustation.

'Damn you, FOXY KEN!!'

 

huffed in anger and before I realized it my hand was already taken by him as I was dragged alongside him away from the ballroom. 

Wait, I thought we were supposed to dance?

As if reading my mind, he replied right away. "Well, you wouldn't want to dance amidst all those couples with their eyes staring at us, right?"

I clicked my tongue while nodding my head. True that.

"Beside, it would be too weird if two guys were seen dancing together. So, why not dance in my room?"

I looked at him as an expression of mixed confusion and puzzled flashed across my face. 

Don't tell me he had fallen hard for me?

No way, I just asked for a dance and he became like that! It must be because of that damn Ken.