Chapter 12 Part 2

The Demon Contract

Byun Baekhyun’s eyes flew open.  …that was something.  He glanced around the forest, still trying to process the events he had seen in his dream.  What the hell was that?  Demons don’t dream.  They aren’t even supposed to sleep!

Baekhyun stood up.  Park Cheon Sa…

He began to walk.

 

<:>

 

“J-Jongin?  Are you okay?” Cheon Sa stuttered.  He stood in front of her with something that looked like a knife.  “Y-You didn’t look s-so well earlier.”

“May I come in?”

She could not bring herself to respond.  Jongin, eyes red, followed her in.

“What are you doing?” One step back.

One step forward.  “I’m sorry, Cheon Sa—”

“No!  You promised!  We had a deal!” Another step back.

Another step forward.  “Promises are meant to be broken, my dear.”

“You said that you would help me.” Cheon Sa’s back hit the wall.

“I know.”

“I’m scared.”

Jongin paused.  Of me…?  He reached out to her cheek, surprised to find that her cheeks were damp.  Tears?  Because of me?  The knife fell to the ground.  I’m sorry…I’m so sorry…please…don’t cry… 

 

<:>

 

Ah .  Baekhyun stumbled through the dark halls, unaccustomed to teleporting.  He could hear voices from one of the upstairs bedrooms, though he couldn’t tell what they were saying.  She’s obviously okay, then…

But as he turned around to leave, he heard something that sounded like a human sob.  In a flash, he was at the top of the stairs, making his way down the hall.  When he reached the end of the hall, the source of the voices, he walked into the room, which was open.

“Human?  Are you okay?”  When Baekhyun’s eyes adjusted to the dark, he was surprised to see Kai there with her. 

What came next surprised him even more.  She stood up and ran toward him, tears streaming down her face. 

“What?  I didn’t know that you missed me that much—”

“Please, Baekhyun, save me.”

How ironic.