Chapter 12 Part 1

The Demon Contract

In a daze, Jongin found himself back inside of Cheon Sa’s house.  He figured that she had probably gone to bed already and made sure to remain quiet.  Yet as he turned a corner, he saw her, curled up in a blanket near the foot of the stairs.

“Cheon Sa?  What are you doing?  It’s late,” he scolded.

“Waiting.”

He paused.  “For me?”

“Yeah.”  She stood up.  “Well, I guess I should go to sleep.  I’m tired—”

He was next to her in a flash, and he wrapped his arms around her.  “Wait…don’t go.”  He didn’t know why his voice sounded weak.  She’s warm…

She turned around, breaking out of his embrace.  “Jongin?  Are you okay?  You look pale…”

“I’m always pale, my dear Cheon Sa.” He smiled.

She rolled her eyes.  “Yeah.  I know.  Well, if everything’s okay…then I should probably—”

“Let me sleep with you.”

Cheon Sa shook her head.  “You know I would never—”

“Not like that,” Jongin replied.  “Just…I get lonely at night, and I think that being in the same room with someone else would make me feel better.”

“Okay.”

“Actually, it’s fine.”  Jongin placed his hand in his pocket, feeling for the knife that Suho had given him.  I’m so sorry, Cheon Sa…  He watched her, his angel, walk up the stairs.  I’m sorry.

 

<:>

 

She knew that something was wrong.  The look in Jongin’s eyes told her that much.  But as Cheon Sa made her way to her room, she tried to shake off the horrible feeling in her chest.  If Jongin said that he was okay, then she had to believe his words.

She threw herself into bed, yet her thoughts kept on wandering back to Jongin.  He looked horrible…almost dead.  Maybe I should check on him…?

Then, she heard a knock on her door.

Jongin?  But I just thought he said he didn’t want to…  She kicked off her blankets and made her way to the door.

 

<:>

 

On the other side of the door, Jongin waited, clenching the knife in one hand.