Chapter 11

Triangle

BGM: TEEN TOP - I'm Sorry

 

 

 

Daniel fell on to the black sofa and rests his head on Chanhee’s laps. His pouty lips made Chanhee shift his gaze from television to the sulky Daniel. “What again now?” He asked the younger guy as his hands and plays with Daniel’s hair. Daniel answered him with deepen his pouts. “I swear Daniel, if you not stop pouting, your lips will fall from your mouth.”

The younger boy made a whining voice and crossed his hands, but kept his lips like that. He just glared to the innocent television.

And at that moment Changhyun walked out from the bathroom and walked pass them, and stopped when Chanhee grabbed his hand. He narrowed his eyes.

“Can you bring a little pink box in my drawer?” Changhyun just nodded wordlessly and disappeared to Chanhee’s room.

“Yah, Nielie tell me!”

Finally Daniel shifted his body to look up to his hyung. Weighing should he tell him or not. And at the end he just sigh and pouts again, “Hyung, Byunghun really mad at me.”

“And why is that?” Chanhee’s hand started playing with Daniel’s hair again when the younger facing television again, staring blankly to the morning news.

“It’s a long story….” Daniel sighed. Calling back his memories about hurting Byunghun made him wanted to just brag into his hyung room and hug him tight. A memory of him crying made his stomach clenched in guilt.

Chanhee rolled his eyes on Daniel, “Then apologize, you know Byunghun will forgive you right away. And I bet he’s already forgave you right now.”

Daniel sighed again. Why everyone said that? Look at me how pathetic I am. After last night Daniel asked Byunghun to talk, he wait him finish his shower. And when he knocked his hyung’s room, that boy already bundled up into cocoon. Daniel knew Byunghun still awake, but he just sighed and muttered a soft sorry behind his hyung’s closed door room.

 

Changhyun back and handed Chanhee the pink box, which the older accepted with a chirping thank you. He kept sulking while Chanhee played with his hair for all Daniel’s care. He focused on tv but his mind wandering to his favorite hyung who still asleep in his room. What should I do? How I should apologize to him? Will he forgive me? Will he even want to talk to me? Hyung what should I do?

 

Just right then, he literally jumped from the couch when he saw a glimpse of his—Yes, his, because Daniel selfish like that—still-sleepy hyung walked to the kitchen. He took big steps to the kitchen while praying for at least his hyung will listen to him. They should talk now while he has chance.

“Hyung….” Daniel said in low tone, afraid if he will scare his hyung, but his hyung still flinched when he heard Daniel’s voice. He groaned internally, why? Can’t he wait ‘till I fully awake? Can’t he wait ‘till evening? Why he want to ruin my mood today? This is too early to bawling over you!

He didn’t look at the younger keep stared nervously at the milk bottle inside the fridge, and answered with hummed, didn’t trust himself talking with Daniel without crack his voice. But still failed because his humming wavered.

“I’m sorry….” Daniel whispered. He felt like suffocating knowing his hyung in average of crying just because of his presence. He desperately wants to hug his hyung, kiss him senselessly right there and then. If he need, he will ask on his knees. Being avoided by his hyung who always clings on him almost 24/7 made him felt empty.

“It’s ok. I understand. I shouldn’t—God, I even know you’re not swing that way. I’m a dreamer, I know. I feel so stupid to-“

“No, hyung! I— I like—“

“Don’t!” Byunghun pitifully begged and gripped tightly the fridge door. “Don’t make this harder, Niel-ah. Please. Like you said, I will try- no I will forget it for sure. You still want to be my friend. Fine! I will try to shove any feeling I feel toward you aside and be friend with you again. But please give me a time to clear my mind, to forget—“

“No, hyung. Look at me….” Daniel grabbed his elbow and turned him around. He could saw his hyung’s cheeks wet from fresh tears. He just glanced at Daniel and looked down, but quickly looked at him again with big eyes. He can’t help but burst into giggling between his sniffling.

“Wh—what hyung? What’s so funny?” he arched his eyebrows as his hyung now in tears from laughing. “Hyung!” Daniel’s whine stopped Byunghun’s laugh. He swept his wet cheeks with his sleeve.

“No, it’s just…. What are you doing with your hair?”

“My hair?”

“Yes, stupid.” Byunghun’s eye crinkled up into giggly grin while Daniel’s hand slowly touched his hair. And when he felt something weird on it, he groaned in shamed.

“LEE CHANHEE YOU BETTER HAVE YOUR DEATH WISH BECAUSE YOUR DEATH IS IN MY HAND!” he glared at his hyung who now already rolling on the floor.

He sighed loudly and grabbed his hyung’s little hand before pulled him to Byunghun’s room. Daniel groaned when saw Changhyun already fell asleep again on his bed.

“Changhyun-ah wake up, move to my room.” Changhyun only squirmed a little but didn’t leave.

“Yoo Changhyun.”

He glared up at Daniel, but when he realized what or rather who Daniel brought with him, he smirked, “Don’t mess anything up again, hyung~” he cooed while ruffled his hyung hair before sprinted to Daniel’s room.

“Ugh I swear I want to punch his cute face!”  He felt Byunghun shook his hand off from Daniel brought a soft frown on his face. He felt cold without his hyung’s hand around his. He shook that thought away and closed the door before facing his hyung who already sat on his bed.

They only staring each other. Waiting one of them to start the conversation, wondering what each of them has in head.

And after awhile Daniel decided to break the silence. “Hyung,—“

“Daniel take it off first, I can’t concentrate see you like a lunatic.”

Daniel threw his hyung a glare before trying to untie his hair. Chanhee made a horrible art with his hair. He braided his hair in messy way. Daniel hissed when he also tugged his hair, earned chuckle from Byunghun.

“Come here.” He obediently sat beside his hyung like a lost puppy. And his breath hitched when Byunghun stand with his knees on the bed, his chest right in front of Daniel’s eyes. Too close, just an inch from his nose.

“Hyung, I like you.” Daniel said boldly and saw how Byunghun’s shoulder tensed, his hands stopped their work.

“Daniel, please…” Byunghun whimpered, too scared for to face another false hope. Too scared for another rejection.

“Hear me first, ok?” He took Byunghun’s silence as a cue to talk again. “I realize… I like you and Jonghyun.” He paused a bit, trying to form another sentence in his head carefully, doesn’t want to make the other catch it wrongly. “I know I’m selfish, but I really don’t want to let you go. I also knew, what I do now is hurting both of you, but I want to try. I want to figure who truly I like.” Daniel gave another pause, waiting what his hyung reaction. But when he got nothing, because his hyung busied himself again with his hair, he continued, “So, even though you want to stop all of this, I will still chasing you. Whether you want it or not.”

Byunghun sighed. He combed Daniel’s soft locks with his fingers before sat facing the younger boy. “You selfish bastard!” He punched Daniel’s chest lightly, “So now your turn to chasing us?”

Daniel chuckled feeling the tension between them is no longer exists, and nodded, “I’m sorry, hyung.”

“What about Jonghyun?”

“You know how stubborn he is.” Byunghun nodded in, his eyes glued on his laps. He chewed his lips while his fingers drumming on the bed beside him.

“Where is he?”

Daniel glanced at clock hanging on wall, a small smile appeared on his lips, “I think he’s awoke 5 minutes ago, and probably brush his teeth right now.”

“You really know about him, don’t you?” A bitter smile playing on his lips.

“I know well about you too, hyung. I know last night you haven’t sleep yet. You can’t sleep without drink milk.” Blood rush to the shorter boy’s ears. “Hoping yourself to grow taller even though you know you’re too old to grow up again.”

“Yah, enough!” Byunghun grumbles and stood up, made the younger alarmed and grab his wrist.

“Hyung, where are you going?”

“Jonghyun.”

“Hyung,” a soft frown appeared from the taller, “you know I won’t let you go that easily even though you give up on me, right?”

Byunghun’s lips twitched up, “Yeah.” He said before his heels and made his way to the door room, but stop in the mid way. Looking back at Daniel, the taller could easily a childish sparkling in Byunghun’s eyes. “I finished my song today.”

“Rea—“ Before he could finish it, Byunghun already left. A soft smile appeared on Daniel’s lips.

 


 

Hehehe hello? Guess who's back? yehehehe me!