Battle scars

Chained Beast

Selena's & Ashton's Father's POV: "What do you mean gone?!" I shouted in fusteration. I threw my kane down on the white tile floor, making it clank loudly on the ground, making it make people jump that was near me. Speeve was clenching his clip board tightly in his trembling hands. I can't believe they actually out smarted us. "We need to find them." I said through clenched teeth. "Wait, sir." A scientist said before walking over to a computer. She leaned over the key board and examined some weird data that was popping up rapidly. "Who is that?" I asked in confusion. The scientist her long black hair over her ear, before typing some rapid things. "It's her tracker. She's at this place." She said before pointing to a beeping red dot that was on the screen. I looked at it and gave a small smirk. She thought she could escape me. Well, she's wrong. "Come on, were going to finish this once and for all." I said before grabbing tons of weapons of the silver lab table. The scientist followed me and I couldn''t help but smile. I'm going to kill all of them now... The scientist who figured out about the tracker walked beside me, something that looked like a phone beeped in her hand, and she smiled brightly at me, revealing her rotting teeth. Here I come, and yes...There will be blood. I looked at the woods that stretched around us on either side as we walked. Were ready to finish this.

                         Selena's POV: I took a deep breath and looked at the red and white target that was a couple feet in front of me. I had a bow and errow in my hand, and I closed my eyes for a moment. I let go of the wooden errow and it flew towards the target like a bullet. "Miss!" A voice yelled from behind me. I spun around to see Reita walking towards me with a huge acient looking blade in his hand. "Thanks for the support." I mumbled flatly. He shrugged and looked at me and smirked. "Here, when you shoot that, hold it straight and steady." He ordered, standing beside me. I lifted it once more, and I felt heat rise to my face as he stood closely to me. He rested his hand on mine and narrowed his light brown eyes. "Now, let go." He said making me jump and let go. I pumped my fist in the air as it hit the red dot. Reita did a back flip before spinning around quickly and kicking the mid air before throwing his blade. It spun in circular rotations as it flew towards the target. I felt my mouth drop open as it hit the target directly on the dot as well. "You cheater." I breathed, rolling my eyes. He snickered at me and smiled. "So, why are you doing out here?" He asked softly. I shrugged and rested my weapons down on the bright green grass that was covered in dew. I jumped up as there was the faint sound of screaming of pain. I stood up and looked at Reita in alarm. Before I could past him, he held his hand out straight in front of my chest, blocking me. "Someone's in trouble!" I yowled, shoving his arm away from me. He glared at me.

                    "So someone randomly screams out of no where?" He asked, his voice a hushed whisper. I stood there rigidly, not knowing what to do. "Still, someones in trouble." I said before dashing off quickly, leaving Reita looking after me blankly, his expression giving nothing away. I ducked the low hanging branches of the woods before running in the woods. The pale sunlight shined through the bright green leaves making life fall over everything faintly. I skidded to a halt and covered my mouth with one hand. I felt tears form in my eyes as I saw a outline of a person laying on the ground motionlessly. I slowly walked towards the limp and still person. "Oh god.... JJ..." I breathed, feeling warm tears stream down my face. Blood was in a puddle from underneath JJ. A silver gun was in his hand, but there was a huge whole through his chest. I looked over my shoulder to see Reita running after to me. "What's wrong?" He asked softly. I sniffled and whipped my tears away and he looked down. Reita closed his eyes for a moment and rested his hand against a tree. JJ...He didn't deserve none of this. "That's it..." Reita growled before resting the edge of his blade on his shoulder. "Were going to get some help." He said before walking away from me. I glanced back at JJ before following Reita. We were both quiet as we walked back to the entrance of the woods. I looked down at my feet in thought. 

                       I jumped as he gentle wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. "I know he was your friend. I know how that feels to see someone you care about like that." He mumbled, not looking at me. I bit my bottom lip and struggled to fight the tears that threatened to over my flow my face once more. We both ran on the porch and swung open the door. "Everyone come here." Reita yelled loudly, his voice ringing around the house loudly. The rapid footsteps of everyone echoed around the house followed by the chaotic voices of everyone. "What's wrong?" Ashton asked leading everyone towards us. I looked at Reita, his light brown eyes troubled. We explained everything, beginning to end. "JJ's dead." I breathed, feeling the fuzzy tears blur my vision. Chi Hoon slowly took a step foreword, tears streaming down his face. "He can't be..." He mumbled, before looking down, his red bangs falling in his face. Jung Min narrowed his eyes and shook his head slowly. "We have to do something." He said through clenched teeth. "We are, were going to attack first." Reita said suddenly, making me look at him quickly. "What?" Everyone said at the same time. "Sorry, but we'd like to stay alive." Nina said sharply, glaring at him.  "Then I suggest that you are either with me, or against me." He said harshly. Everyone fell quiet for a couple moments, and I looked at him.

                             The only sound was everyone's heavy breathing as we all stood there together. Everyone gave each other daring looks, as if they were trying to force someone to speak up. "I'm in this with you, Reita." I said before standing by his side. "Are you crazy?" Luhan blurted out, breaking the silence. Worry and anger surged through his face as he looked at me. Reita rested his hand on my shoulder and gave me a tiny dip of his head, gratefully. "I know your really mad, Reita. But....This is going to get us all killed." Ruki said slowly, shaking his head, making his black bangs fall in his eyes. "I see how it is... You guys are just going to give up now? Your going to let JJ die in vain? Wow.. Well, I'm going to finish this. If you want to join me, then good." He said before spinning around, beckoning me to follow him. I stood there hesiantly looking over my shoulder at my friends. They all stared at me expressionlessly, their eyes burning into me like fire. Luhan avoided my gaze and looked at his brother slowly. I jogged to walk beside Reita's side. "Are you sure this is the best idea?" I asked softly. He looked at me and rested both hands on my shoulders. "I know your scared, but I got your back. After all, your crazy enough to help me." He said his light brown eyes glowing with amusement. I felt a tiny smile spread across my lips slowly. "Of course I will." I said before laughing.

                            Ashton's POV': Where are they? "Who are you looking for?" Jung Min's voice from behind me made me jump with surpise. "Do you know where Reita went?" I asked looking at him with pleading eyes. He nodded and beckoned me to follow him. Jung Min is super nice, Iv'e talked to him a little bit. Isn't he Selena's boyfriend? Wait...Or is it Luhan? He opened the front and I peaked my head out of it, the warm summer air messing up my hair slightly as the wind blew. Reita and Selena both were praticing fighting techqniues. "Are you going to do it?" He asked suddenly, making me look over. "Do what?" I asked dumbfoundedly. He looked down at the white carpet with fierce determination on his face. "To go and finish everything." He said before looking up at me through his dark gray bangs. I breathed in sharply and looked down. "Yes. To make sure they don't get killed." I mumbled softly. "You must care about them alot." He said before leaning against the door frame. I felt heat rise to my face and I looked at him in confusion. "What do you mean?" I asked pretending to not know what he meant. "You and Reita seem to be super close. Do you have feelings for him? And Selena...You two are so much alike." He said before looking away. I blushed and looked down at my bright blue neon converses. "'Reita's my best friend. And...I owe alot to Selena." I breathed. 

                         "Yeah, I love her." He mumbled before looking down as he watched her tackle Reita, as she let out a mighty scream. I stared at him in awe. He loves her? "Then why don't you tell her?" I asked my voice going all hight pitched. He chuckled softly and blew his dark gray bangs out of his face. "I wish that was that easy." He said before spinning around and walked back in the house. I smiled and skipped down the porch steps that groaned loudly under all of my weight. "There you are!" Reita blurted out before running to me. I felt a auto matic smile as I stared at him. "What are you guys doing?" I asked softly, looking at them both. Selena was breathing heavily, and sweat dripped down her pale forehead. "We were practicing fighting." She huffed before playfully punching his shoulder. "Well, I'm coming with you." I said, not meeting Reita's happy smile. I jumped with surprise as he hugged me for a second. I felt my face turn bright red as I sat there in his arms. He let me go and gave a tiny half smile. "Go practice." He ordered. I nodded and I could still feel the warmth and strength of his arms from when he hugged me. Everyone was walking down the porch and outside. "Were going to help, too." Kris said before looking over his shoulder at everyone else. I smiled and flashed a perfect smile. Reita and Selena walked towards them, side by side. "You guys are coming?"

                      Reita asked sounding slightly touched. They all exchanged glances and nodded slowly. "Let's kick ." Reita said before lifting his blade. I giggled at him and rolled my eyes. We all began to walk closely together, staying in a tight group. Chi Hoon still seemed pretty upset, but fierce determination glowed in his brown eyes. Reita was taking the lead, and he looked around as the bright sunlight shined down on us now, the pale light gone. I squinted and I held my hand above my eyes so that I wasn't completely blind. The long grass of a field brushed against my legs, making me shudder.  I jumped as there was the sound of voices from up ahead. I squinted and something shiny caught my eye in the distance. "Everyone run and duck down!" I screamed before dashing ahead. I screamed as there was the loud sound of a gun firing. I looked back at everyone to make sure that they were ok. Pain exploded in my leg, and both legs crumpled beneath me. I looked down to see blood oozing out of my leg, staining my black jeans. Pain burned in my leg, and I breathed shallowly. I struggled to stand up to only fall back down again. Reita knelt down beside me before scooping me up in his arms. I wrapped my trembling  arms around his neck. We all ran as fast as we could towards the other side of the woods. I bounced crazily in his arms, my whole body moving in different directions. 

                         "What are you..." I breathed, my breathing coming out shallowly. Pain surged through me, and he looked down at me concernedly. Once we reached the entrance of the woods, everyone looked around carefully. I groaned in pain as Reita slowly sat me down on the moist ground, my blood staining his hoodie. "She's hurt really bad." Ruki said observaintly. "I'm...Fine." I breathed before looking down at my leg. I can't move it! In all honesty, I feel like crying out and not getting up at all. Reita looked at me and his light brown eyes softened. He ripped his white shirt that was underneath his black hoodie and he wrapped it around my leg, making me groan. "This should help a little bit." He said before glancing at me through his light blonde bangs. "Thanks, Reita." I said softly, my cheeks turning bright red. Without a warning, he scooped me up in his arms once more. He didn't dare look at me as we walked, everyone questioning me. "I'm fine guys, really." I said with a heavy sigh. I wrapped my arms around Reita's neck and struggled not to let myself cry. "We can rest later if you want." He said softly, his expression determined. Chi Hoon was scouting ahead, Kyungil by his side. "Were going to split into two teams." MinHyuk declared softly.  I looked up at Reita who didn't seem to have a problem with that. "We meet up by the old stream." He said scanning our faces slowly. What?

                               Chi Hoon's POV: Teams? Selena looked slightly unsure at that idea, but I didn't object. "Chi Hoon, Reita, Ashton, Selena, Luhan, Jung Min, Kyungil and Nina, you guys will be on one team." MinHyuk snapped, before spinning around and assigning teams to everyone else. I didn't say anything at all, I just gave a small dip of my head. Nina stood beside me and flashed a bright smile. "At least we are all on the same team." She said her bright smile making her heart hammer against my chest quickly. Everyone knows that I have strong feelings for Nina... But sometimes everything gets away from stuff. "So, are we all heading in different directions but meeting up near the stream?" Jung Min asked, taking a step foreword. MinHyuk nodded and twirled his gun in his hand. I looked down at the moist ground underneath my feet. Fear gripped me like a thorn and I took a deep breath. I can't believe were doing this... I clenched my fist to tight that my knuckles ached. JJ..This is for you. "Let's get going." I said turning around to face my group. Reita stood up and let Ashton lean on him supportingly. Selena seemed to be enjoyin the company of Luhan as they walked side by side. "Chi Hoon, come here." Reita's voice made me jump. I quickened my pace and walked towards him. He gave me a sympathetic glance, his blonde bangs falling in his eyes. "You ok?" 

                          "Yeah, why?" I asked suddenly alarmed. He shurgged and ducked under low hanging branches that scraped me one every side. "You seemed pretty bummed out. I know how much JJ meant to you." He said casually, as if it was very understandable. "Well, he was my brother." I said the thought of JJ being gone bugging me more then ever. Reita sighed and looked down at the ground. "If you ever needed to talk about it, come to me ok?" He said, taking me by surprise. I nodded and I looked up at the sun set that was beginning to pinkin and add splashes of orange and red int he sky. Shadows fell everywhere on the ground and I looked around catiously. "Were going to hang out here for tonight." Reita said after a couple more minutes of walking. Ashton was grunting, and pain was scorched all over her pale face. "Ok." We all said gentle. I turned around quickly as something caught my attention. What is that? It sounded like a loud ringing, and I shook my head. Maybe it's just my ears... I looked around slowly, to see the reactions of everyone else. No body else seemed to hear it, and I followed the sound. The loud ringing seemed to only get louder with every step I took. Before I knew it, it swallowed every other noise. I placed my hands over my ears and closed my eyes tightly. I opened them slowly and I went wide eyed as I saw a scientist standing in front of me. I stumbled bakcwards as the person swung a huge blade at me. I leaped backwards, the cold metal brushing against my clothing. "Guys!" I yelled.

                             I ran back in the directions the others were. I looked over my shoulder and I went wide eyed as I saw the scientist that tried killing me was right on my heels. I struggled to force my legs to run faster, but they kept that pace. I felt my breathing quicken, and it became way deeper now. The person behind me panted, and their footsteps got way heavier. I turned the corner sharply, scraping my hands against the bark. I can't lead him to my friends...It's time to stop running... I spun around and lifted my hand. I punched the person violently, hittting him straight in the face. He flew backwards, his feet flying up. I stood there and waited for him to get on his face. He let out a angry growl before leaping back up on his feet, not using his hands or arms. I gulped nervously, and he charged at me with a vicious scream. I ducked under his blows skillfully, glad that I actually payed attention when it comes to fighting. I felt the breeze from the air, and I grabbed his wrist as he struggled to punch me again. His dark black eyes stretched wide, and I snapped it backwards, and I saw the bone stick out. He fell to his knees, letting out a scream of pain. I dashed off quickly, not daring to slow down. "Reita! Selena! Luhan!" I yelled loudly, running blindly ahead. I screamed with surprise as someone jumped out in front of me. Reita! He grabbed a scientist by the front of his shirt. I smiled.

                    He slammed the scientist hard against the tree repeatedly, and he grabbed his chain that had blades on either ends. He wrapped it around the scientist throat, making him gag loudly. He grabbed the blade and shoved it through the scientist chest before slicing his throat. He let the scientist drop out of his trembling hands, and he looked at me. "Come on, we have to find the others." He said before dashing off like lightning. I struggled to keep him in view as we both ran off without hesitation. I could only see the outline of him as he ran, and he leaped over the obstacles that stood in the way like they were nothing. "Look out!" I yelled as a knife came flying towards him. He leaped over it, doing a black flip. I gasped as he landed on the scientist, slicing the scientist neck like it was nothing. The scientist looked at me, blood oozing out of his neck, his blonde hair matted against his forehead. We both stopped as everyone ran up to us. "Are you all ok?" MinHyuk asked in alarm, staring at all of us in turn. Ashton was limping badly, but she was holding a bloody knife in her trembling hand. "Yeah." Everyone responded after short pauses. "Shh..." Reita said suddenly, making us all fall silent. I tensed up and grabbed my weapon. "Well, it's nice for you all to join us." A hauntingly familiar voice said from behind us. We all gasped in surprise, and I shuddered. Not him...

                         Selena's POV: Father....I shuddered and looked at my sister. Anger and betrayel glowed in her eyes. "Go away before I kill you." Reita growled, taking a step towards him with a silver pistol in his hand. "I just wanted to talk to you, aren't we friends?" My father asked, tilting his head to the side. Luhan and Jung Min stood on either side of him, their weapons raised. Scientist stepped up from behind my father, making sure that everyone was serious. "Listen to me, when I tell you to, run." Reita whispered to us, looking at all of us. "No were-" Ashton began, but Reita glared at her, making her shut up. "We have no time to argue, just do it." He growled. We all looked at each other uneasily. Should we? We can't just leave him... "I'm warning you." Reita growled as my father laughed amusedly. "Aw, youv'e grown so much. I wish I could still see the anger and disappointment on your parents faces as they looked at you. How does it feel to be hated and not know what love is, you monster?" My dad said heartlessly. Reita stood there rigidly, and emotions were written all over his face. Without a warning, he leaped at him at full speed. He pulled out a huge blade that glowed in the bright sun set colors. He sliced it along my fathers arm, making him scream in pain. "Run! Now!" Reita said, before scientist circled him. "Help him!" I yelled before dashing off towards Ashton. She leaned on me, he arm around my shoulder. I looked over my shoulder to see Reita being shoved on the ground, blood trickling out of his bloody face. 

                         Kyungil ran quickly on my other side, glancing at us while he ran. "Oh god...Let him be ok..." Ashton began, her voice trembling. If he can survive all of those people, then he's stronger and tougher then we think. We both slowed down as the faint sound of fighting faded from behind us. "Is everyone else here?" Luhan asked softly, looking at all of us. Ashton leaned against a tree,blood oozing out of her leg way quicker, staining the white cloth. Oh great...Her leg got worse. "Hey-" Kyungil began, but he was cut off abruptly. I looked back and looked at him. He didn't have a expression, and blood appeared through his shirt. Blood trickled out of his mouth, and he looked at me with tears in his eyes before falling on the ground. "Kyungil!" I screamed but it was to late. His light eyes went dull and he looked blankly up at me. A scientist appeared out of no where, and I ran towards him at full speed. I tackled him on the ground, ignoring his evil laughter that rang in my ears. I rolled on top of him and pulled out my silver gun, hitting him in the face with it. He looked at me daringly, his face half hidden by the shadows. "Here, kill this." I growled before holding the gun up to his face and pulling the trigger. I looked away as blood splattered on my face, getting in my eyes and mouth. "He's...Gone." Nina whimpered, knealing down to our best friend. I closed my eyes for a moment. Damn.

                           Luhan turned around and punched the tree quickly, as if to let his own anger out. I went wide eyed as evil laughter surrounded us on everyside. "Well, well. Looks like your trapped now." My fathers voice rang in my ears. The scientist formed a circle around us, and we all huddled together, back to back. The others were being guarded, kept a firm grip on them. "Run..." MinHyuk growled, wiggling in a buff scientist grip that didn't even budge. What do we do? "What did you to to Reita, you creep!" Ashton yelled, anger and hatred in her light green eyes. Our father snickered and took a step towards her. "He's dead..." He growled. Everyone fell silent for a moment, and I shook my head. He can't be... I gasped as a guard grabbed my from behind, his fingers digging into my shoulders. "Bring them to the lab." Our father said before turning around to only be swallowed by the shadows. I was forced to walk straight ahead, like a jellyfish being stuck in a current. "Keep walking." A mono-tone like scientist said shoving me hard. I looked at all of the others, who were fighting back as well. Luhan and Jung Min were both kicking, punching the people that was trying to force them to walk. I went wide eyed as a huge three story glass building appeared out of no where in front of us. It stretched above the trees, and I could see the blurry shapes of scientist inside of it. I gasped softly. 

                                We were forced inside of the house, and the arm felt sticky and moist, hard to breath. Scientist were buzzing around us like beez, with weapons and other things in there white hands. I was shoved more violently, and we were lead down a dark, black hallway. "Lead them to the basement." My father cooed in a sing song voice. We were shoved down a pitch black hallway, my breathing the only thing I could hear. A moment later, I was shoved against the wall painfully. I struggled to get free, but my arms were slammed against the wall as well. I winced as cold metal was slammed against my wrist, arms, and legs. It clanked loudly and I struggled to get free to only barely budge. "You can't hide anymore." The scientist that was guarding me chuckled evilly. I felt warm tears surge through my eyes, and I looked down, making them roll down my face. Everyone else was quiet, but I knew they were there as they all checked up on each other. I should have never came...Kyungil and JJ and possible Reita would still be here.... "Were going to get out of here." Jung Min said determinadly, and his voice seemed to echo forever in the darkness. Luhan was breathing shallow beside me, as if he was having a anxiety attack. "N-No...Not the lab...Not the chains...No..." He repeated rapidly, before yanking at the chains violently. What if we can't get free? This is it, were done for...