Unexpected

Chained Beast

Selena's POV: Why do I have the feeling I'm being watched? I groaned and stretched my arms over my head. I yawned loudly and rubbed my eyes and slowly sat up. My white couch squeaked underneath me and I blinked and waited for my barely opened eyes to adjust to the bright light. Maybe it was a bad dream last night. I stood up and trudged towards me huge kitchen while digging my toes into the carpet as I walked. I hesitated as I heard something making noise in the kitchen. What the..? I peaked my head around the corner and went wide eyed in dismay. Luhan was trying to cook it looked like...He had flour all over his face and his light blue eyes glowed with determination. Flour was everywhere...On the white walls and on the tile floor. "What are you doing?" I blurted out making him jump. He looked up at me wide eyed and froze in spot. "I...I.." He stammered but I rolled my eyes. I struggled not to glance at him and I bit my lip and tried my hardest not to laugh. "I'm not mad, just make sure you clean up." I said with a heavy sigh. He nodded and continued to do what he was doing. He sure is different this morning... We talked alot last night actually...He doesn't have no parents or friends. "Are your friends still mad?" He asked, taking me by surprise. I nodded and pulled out my wooden stool and sat at the kitchen counter, resting both my elbows on it. We both sat there in our akward silence and I stood up slowly. "I better get going." I said making him look up quickly, flour still smudged on his face. "I have work." I said as he continued to stare at me cautiously. He whipped down the counter with fierce concentration, his black collar dangling around his neck. I stared at it. 

                        He gave me a cautious look before slowly looking down once more. "Do you want to go with me?" I suggested, making him stumble. He gave me a look like I was crazy. I grabbed a wet, bright blue wash cloth and helped him clean up slowly. "No, I'm good." He said softly. I only glanced over my shoulder at him and didn't say anything else. I wish he knows that he can trust me...I'm not going to hurt him or anything. After we both cleaned up in silence, I sighed heavily. "My spare car is right here, in case you wanted to go anywhere." I said before throwing the car keys on the counter making us both jump. His only reply was a small nod of his head, making his light brown bangs fall in his face. I quickly got dressed into my black and white uniform. I waved goodbye, and he waved back. He looked at me and his pale cheeks turned slightly red. I made a funny face before walking out of the house. The gray clouds hung in the air like a fog. I breathed in and it felt like tar and I walked down my grovel ground, listening the crunch of the rocks under my black and white converses. I glanced at my white mustang as I passed it, it glowed in the faint sunlight that found it's way through the heavy gray clouds. Traffic is going to to be chaotic today, might as well walk. I turned away from the car and began to talk, burrying my face in my jacket slightly as the warm wind blowed making my long brown hair hit my face. A couple moments I could hear the faint sounds of car horns honking loudly and the sounds of people chattering loudly together. I sighed heavily and kept going. I hate living in the huge city like this, it bugs me. Rude people...Never get anywere. I sighed.

                        People gentle shoved past me on the white sidewalk that looked worn down. People rudely pushed past me, looking over their shoulder as they passed. I tried my best to swurve around them but it didn't seem to work that great. New York... I rolled my eyes and looked at th tiny blue shop that looked cemineted to two buildings on either side of it. It's new paint seemed to glow brightly, catching everyones attention. I walked inside and people were chatting loudly, enjoying the dull weather. I made my way past the round tables and towards the brown counter were Kris was standing behind it. I walked over to him and he raised a eyebrow at me. "I'm really sorry." I apologized, dipping my head to him. He chuckled and reached his arm out and patted me on the head. "I forgive you." He said softly. I jumped as someone hugged me tightly from behind, making me squeal and jump. "I forgive you to.." Sehun whispered in my ear. I blushed heavily and gulped nervously. I looked around for the other three pains.. Nina was walking towards the counter and near the back, her hands filled with plates and cups. I jogged over to her and grabbed some plates. "I'll help." I said before shooting her a apologetic look. "It's ok." She said with a tiny smile before walking past me. I sighed and sat on the light brown counter. I blushed as Kyungil and Sun Woong both ran towards me at full speed and hugged me tightly. I sighed heavily and hugged them back. "So, how's...What's his face going?" Sun Woong asked carelessly. I shrugged.

                             "He's good. He opened up to me a little." I said with a sarcastic sigh. They both laughed loudly, and I rolled my eyes. "Hey, Selena. There's someone here for you." The boss yelled loudly, making me go wide eyed and hop off the counter. I turned the corner and felt my jaw drop a little. Luhan was studying his feet akwardly. "Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked feeling happy that he'd want to see me. He looked up at me and leaned against the counter. "I got bored." He replied flatly. Everyone slowly started to gather from behind the counter and look at us. "Hey, Selena. Is he your boyfriend now?" Nina cooed teasingly. I felt my face turn three shades of red and I shot them a glare. "You told them I was your boyfriend?" He asked amusement creeping into his voice. "N-No! I-" I began but he rolled his eyes and gave a half smile before turning around and walking away from me. "I hope he doesn't try cooking." I mumbled outloud to myself. Nina giggled and leaned against my shoulder. "He sure is adorable, just look at him." She said jerking in the direction he was. He was waiting a group of people around our age, he was forcing a smile and laughing at the jokes they told him. I felt my face turn slightly red as I saw him smile. He glanced at me and waved bubbly, showing a totally different side of himself. A couple minutes later he walked up to me. "Did I do good?" He asked softly. I giggled and patted him on the head with a smile. "Yeah. How about we all go for ice cream afterwards?" I suggested. 

                             Nina's POV: "Is he her boyfriend?" Kyungil asked hesitantly. I sighed and leaned against the counter, looking at my hot headed guy friends. "No, they are still just friends." I said before beckoning them after me. I walked towards them both and Selena smiled hugely at me. Luhan looked at me slowly, doubt clouding his gaze. "Who are you?" He asked flatly. I couldn't help but twirl my hair with my finger. He's even cuter up close... "I'm her best friend, Nina." I said before flipping my bangs out of my face. Luhan gave a small nod and glanced at Selena once more. "Are we still going for...What's it called again?" He asked softly. Selena giggled and smiled at him. "Ice cream. Have you ever had it?" She asked tilting her head at him curiously. He looked down as if he seriously had to think about it. He puffed out his cheeks and shook his head slowly. "Iv'e never had it before. What is it?" He asked softly. Everyone popped up around us and I blushed as Sehun leaned against my shoulder. "Youv'e never had ice cream before?" He blurted out, staring at Luhan like he was insane. Luhan fidgeted uneasily as everyone started to get close to him. "Guys, give him his space." Selena said gentle pushing everyone away from him. Sun Woong rolled his eyes at Luhan and snickered at him in annoyance. "Come on, let's get some ice cream." Kris said softly. We all nodded and I slipped off my apron and set it on the counter. Selena sighed and stretched her arms above her head, making her shirt go up slightly. 

                              "Oops, sorry." She apologized, her voice muffled from her shirt. Kris and Sehun akwardly looked away slowly, while Kyungil and Sun Woong looked her up and down in amusement. Luhan was frozen, his light blue eyes wide. Selena's pale face was bright red and she pulled on her aeropastle shirt and giggled innocently. "Sorry, it happens alot." She apologized before glancing at me. Luhan turned his hat to the side slightly before glancing at her and walking out without saying anything else. We all followed him outside before yelling were going on break to our boss. We all came to a quick halt as people passed us like were didn't exist. "Ice cream palor, away!" Kyungil yelled before giving a bounce of excitement and running ahead of us. "Why are you being so nice to me?" Luhan asked, breaking the silence. He was looking at Selena as she walked beside him, her smile never leaving her face. "Why wouldn't I be?" She asked over the loud chatting of people as they passed us. He looked down and didn't say anything else. I pressed my face against a clear glass and looked inside. Luhan glanced at me and did the same thing innocently. Colorful tables were spread out, and people wearing dorky colorful uniforms were being overcherful as they greeted their customers. "Let's go." Selena said before beckoning us all inside. We all walked inside and I smiled and waved at a girl wearing a short pink skirt and blue shirt. She had fake candy on her uniform and she beckoned us to a bright blue table.

                          We all sat down and Luhan tapped his knuckels on the wooden table, looking around slowly. The sweet smell of sweets made my mouth water and I fidgeted in my seat impatiently. "So, how long are you staying with Selena?" Sun Woong snapped, sitting on her other side. Luhan looked at him and blinked at him in confusion. He shrugged and looked at Selena curiously, as if he was wondering the same thing. "As long as he needs to." She said giving him a smile. Sun Woong narrowed his eyes and looked down at his feet angerily and mumbled something underneath his breath. "Can you talk? Or are you just stupid?" He snapped all of a sudden, glaring at Luhan. Luhan went wide eyed and anger swept over his face like a wave. "Sorry, I don't like talking to stupid people." He snapped right back, taking all of us by surprise. "Stop, leave him alone." Selena said jumping to Luhan's defense. Sun Woong snickered and shook his head at her. "It's funny how your all of a sudden on his side about everything." He said flatly. Luhan glared at all of us slowly. The wait tress walked back over to us and gave us all our orders. Luhan leaned foreword and looked at chocolate ice cream cone as she handed it to him. Selena laughed and took a bite of her bannana split. " it." I said with a amused giggle. He held it in front of him and it. He made a weird face and scrunched up his face. We all laughed and looked at him curiously. He shrugged and took a big bite, and his face twisted in pain. "Don't bite it!" 

                         Selena shotued, her voice filled with laughter. He made a face in pain and looked at the ice cream. "I-It's cold." He stammered. She smiled and held it in her hand. He went to it but she pulled away quickly. "So, how old are you?" Kris asked taking a huge bite of Sehun's hot fude sunday. Luhan finally gave up and took her ice cream instead. "Sixteen." He said softly. I coughed loudly, feeling the vanilla ice cream go down the wrong pipe. "I didn't know you were the same age as us." I said in astonishment. "Me either, he's such a ." Sun Woong said glaring at him. Luhan narrowed his eyes and gave a sarcastic laugh. "Do you have something against me?" He asked his voice hardening. Does he? I looked at Sun Woong annoyedly. "What? He's so annoying. He acts like he's one of us when he's a huge freak." He blurted out standing up. I went wide eyed as Luhan grabbed the table and flipped it. Everyone screamed in surprise and jumped back. "My ice cream!" Kris said sadly, looking at the table. Sun Woong walked towards Luhan and tried swinging at him, but Luhan ducked. Fusteration clouded Sun Woongs face as he ducked all his punches skillfully. "My turn..." Luhan snickered before punching him hard with his left, then right. Sun Woong tried backing away as Luhan punched him endlessly. "Luhan! Sun Woong! Stop!" Selena yelled loudly, making me jump. I rubbed my head from beside her and sighed heavily. Luhan still had a tight grip on Sun Woong's shirt. He shoved him. 

                                         Luhan's POV: Who does this kid think he is? Selena looked at me with fear in her light blue eyes. "Luhan, let him go." She said her voice trembling. I took a deep breath and narrowed my eyes at Sun Woong. It took all my strength to resist my natural reaction to hurt him. Blood trickled down his face and I slammed him hard on the ground. I turned around quickly and walked out of the ice cream palor, not waiting for them. I ignored Selena as she screamed my name. I looked at the people as they passed me, and I quickly merged with them. I ducked down slightly and titled my black hat down, making sure no one could see my face. See...This is why I don't trust people. All they do is judge you. I guess..It's best if I left anyway. Peoples voices surged in my ears and I grunted as I was pushed and shoved in different direction. I went wide eyed as I saw the familiar faces of people wearing white lab coats. They were standing together up ahead, talking to a chubby police officer. No...They can't find me. I turned around quickly, and run against the crowd of people. They all cussed at me as I shoved aside to get away from the scientist. I went wide eyed as I heard footsteps running after me quickly. "Beast!" One of the scientist yelled loudly. I felt the same sadness and anger bubbly in me. That's not my name... I'm not a monster. I'm human, just like them. I quickly turned the corner and pressed myself against the wall and realized I was in allway. I held my breath as I saw the cops and scientist pass me. 

                              "Hey. You have some nerve turning my friends against me like that." A familiar voice said from behind me. I turned around to only be punched directly in the face. I stumbled backwards clumsily, and pressed myself against the brick wall. Sun Woong was standing there with a group of tough looking guys beside him. "Sun Woong, I don't have time for you." I growled clenching my teeth. My blood seemed to bubbly with rage. Sun Woong laughed and charged towards me, spinning me around sharply, making my legs buckle out from underneath me. He punched me hard with on hand, then the other. The boys laughed evilly and enclosed around me. Pain exploded in my face and all over me and I felt blood trickle down my face and into my mouth. "What are you? A dog?" Sun Woong said with a amused smile. I opened my mouth to object, but he punched me hard in the mouth. I went wide eyed as he yanked hard, making the black collar fly off my my neck. It landed with a loud thud on the concrete pavement. I stood there rigidly, and everything seemed to hit me all at once. He laughed and I slowly got to my feet. I stomped towards him and grabbed him by the throat, and slammed him face first into the brick wall. I cussed him out angerily, and let him drop to the ground. My blood bubbled and fighting seemed to feel so good..I looked to my left then to my right as two people ran at me. I jumped up in the air and kicked them both in the face with both feet. I grabbed my weapon from out of my pocket. 

                               I spun around quickly, making the blade on the end extend, and it I lashed it out, making it wrap around his foot. He flew up in the air and I did a back flip, grabbing him in mid air and slicing his throat with the other end of the blade. I blinked the blood out of my eyes and gave a grin as the other boy ran at me. I leaped over him and ran up that wall, pulling out my silver gun and pulling the trigger, making him fall to his knees. Sun Woong charged at me and I turned around and grabbed his arm, flipping him over my shoulder and slamming him on the ground. He layed their in pain, and I jumped up and landed on him, my fist meeting his face. I made him stood up and he swung at me hard, but I caught his fist, and he stared at me in horror as I twisted his arm, making it break. He screamed in pain, but I lifted him up off the ground by his throat before throwing him hard, making him hit the brick wall at full force. I looked around at the bloody scene around me. "Try messing with me again." I growled putting my weapons away. I grabbed my black collar and put it on quickly.  I turned around quickly and narrowed my eyes as the group of scientist stood in front of me. "Luhan." The blind man cooed, stepping towards me. I ran foreword and leaped up in the air without hesitation, kicking two scientist, making them fall backwards.  He punched the man on the left who begged me not to hurt him, then I kicked his feet out from underneath him. The blind man watched me in awe as I tensed up to fight him as well. "Luhan!" 

                                   I froze as two scientist stepped foreword, and his grip was Selena. I looked at them and tried to not let my sadness show. If he knows I don't want her to get hurt... Then he will for sure. Selena was looking at me and fear was in her light blue eyes. I guess.. She really is able to trust. "Let her go." I said steadily. The old man chuckled and Selena's head slowly, with a tiny grin. "She sure is cute. She'd be a sad person to loose." He cooed. I narrowed my eyes and clenched my fist tightly. "I'm not going to be stupid and fight you, Luhan." He said observing the scene from behind me. I stared at him and took a deep breath. "I'm going to make you a offer. You come with me back to the lab, and I'll let these innocent people go. If you don't, I'll kill them right now." He said carelessly. He slowly pointed the gun to Selena's head. I looked down at my feet in deep thought. I don't want to go back... But... I guess this would be my way to apologize to them. "Fine." I said before taking a step towards them. Selena looked at me and tears swelled up in her eyes. "No...Please don't." She said beginning to sob. The old man let her go, shoving her violently. I walked past her, not looking at her.The old man pulled out silver cuffs. I glared at him as he slapped them on my wrist. He turned around slowly, not facing me. I went wide eyed as the old man lifted a black gun. Before I could do anything, he pulled the trigger. I went wide eyed as Selena shoved me hard. I gasped as she fell to her knees, with a dull look in her eyes.

                                        Selena's POV: I felt tears swell in my eyes in pain. I looked at Kris and Sehun as they snuck their way around the scientist. Kris took off his white shirt and held it against my wound. I leaned against the red brick wall. I kept making grunts in pain and she my face gentle. I looked over at Luhan. He charged towards one of the scientist. He turned around quickly and pressed the handcuffs against the persons neck before flipping him over his shoulder. A girl with crazy blonde hair screamed and tried slicing him with a silver blade. Luhan went wide eyed and ducked and dodged the blade. He held his handcuffed hands out in the right moment and I gulped in relief as they broke into little pieces. Luhan punched the girl and kicked her hard, making her collide into the wall. I looked at Luhan as he ran towards us. "The old mans gone." Sehun breathed, fear in his light brown eyes. I looked in the direction were the old man was standing, but there was nothing. "We got to get her home now." Luhan said before scooping me in his arms quickly. I weakly wrapped my arms around his neck. He looked down at me concernedly before dashing out of the alleway. Everyone ran after him quickly, I sobbed. "Hold her." Luhan said gentle handing me over to Kris. I held onto Kris tightly, and he leaned down and kissed my forehead sweetly. "Your going to be ok." He whispered in my ear. Luhan ran in the traffic, sliding over the hoods of cars. I went wide eyed as he pulled a women out of her black jeep quickly. 

                               He beckoned all of us to get in. Kris jogged towards him, swurving around the cars that honked loudly at us all. Kris ducked and pulled me tighter to him as he climbed in the black jeep. "Sehun listen to me. Your going to drive, ok?" Luhan said scooting over to the passenger seat. "What are.. you..." I said weakly, but saying it seemed to take to much out of me. Luhan turned around and gentle touched my face. "Hang in there with me, ok?" He said rapidly. I nodded and Kris looked down at me and concern glowed in his light brown eyes. Sehun got in the drivers seat and began to drive around traffic like Luhan told him to do. I listened to the screeching of the tires on the pavement. "The old man! He's right on us." Sehun said, sounding scared. Luhan pulled out a silver gun and he stuck his head out the window, and he held the gun tightly in his hand. "Are you crazy?!" Nina shouted her voice growing all squeaky.  I screamed as there was the sound of gun firing from close beside us. "Speed up!" Luhan shouted before firing his gun. I buried my face in Kris's chest. I just want to be home... Away from everything. Away from this violence. Luhan grunted loudly in pain and I saw a bullet wound appear on his shoulder and blood soaked through his shirt. Sehun drived widely, swurving around cars. People from on the sidewalks stared at us in horror. "We'd like to stay alive, Sehun." Luhan said from outside the car. Sehun just gave him a horror stricken look before slowing down slightly. I sobbed quietly...

                                    "Wev'e lost them." Luhan said before sticking his head back in the car. He held his tighter tigthly, blood oozing between his fingers. We all drove back towards the house in silence. Once we arrived at my house, Kris gentle helped me out of the car. I held my bloody side and I winced with everystep I took. We all walked inside and Luhan gentle shoved me on the couch. "You stay here." He said before limping off with Sehun by his side. Kris sat beside me and looked down at me softly. He gentle my face with a warm smile. "Are you ok?" He asked softly. I nodded and Kyungil seemed shaken up as he paced back in forth in front of the couch. He knelt down on his knees in front of the couch and stared at me with worry in his eyes. "I'm fine, I promise." I choked out. In all honesty, I think I'm dying slowly. I looked up as Luhan knelt down in front of me. His face was all bloody, and his light brown hair was smeared with blood. He gentle lifted up my shirt and dabbed a wet wash cloth on my wound, making me wince. "I'm sorry." He said, breaking the silence. We all looked at him in shock. "Why...Are you apologizing?" I stammered in pain as he gentle began to put the stitches in. "I judged you guys really quickly. I should have...Tried understanding you all better." He mumbled, his voice barely a whisper. I felt a tiny smile spread across my face slowly. I'm so glad her trust me now. Hopefully me and him can become good friends. "It's ok." I said feeling suddenly very tired. He gentle wrapped up my side carefully.

                                        "Can I ask you something?" I asked softly. He nodded and looked down at me with a tiny smile. "Can we be friends?" I asked beggingly. His light blue eyes burned into me and he flashed his bright smile at me. "Yeah, of course we can." He said, laying his head on the couch cushion and closing his eyes slowly. I couldn't help but stare as he his breathing deepened. "He's...A good kid." Kris said akwardly, looking away quickly. I nodded and smiled at him once more. "Thanks, Luhan. Your a great friend." I whispered before closing my eyes as well. I could hear everyone talking in the background, keeping me from sleeping. "What happens if she falls for him? I don't think I could handel it..." Kyungil whined softly. I bit my tongue and struggled not to say anything. Me fall for Luhan? Not possible...We just met. Even though...He's cute... and hot... and sweet. "She won't. And plus, Luhan doesn't seem to like girls like that." Sehun said slowly. "Are you...Saying he's gay?" Kris said slowly making everyone fall silent. "No! But I mean, girls make him nervous probably." He said quickly, and giving a shaky laugh afterwards. "Well, I don't see her liking him." Kyungil mumbled annoyedly. "Come on... He's so adorable hot and cute. You never know." Nina said and I could imagine her rolling her eyes sarcastically. Kris sighed and laughed. "That's true." He said flatly. I sighed heavily and struggled not to think so much. I wonder how Sun Woong will take all of this... But what matters now is staying together.