Facing Fears

Chained Beast

Selena's POV: I jolted awake as a twig snapped somewhere from further away, making it echo around me. I sat straight up in fear. Everything was dark, the warm night air had a slight loomy chilling feeling. And I could see the outline of the trees and other small plants that looked tiny against the trees. Everything hit me at once as I sat straight up slowly. My heart seemed to ache and my head hurt as I remembered that Luhan was gone, and that we were tracking him down. What if we don't ever save him? He's all out there by himself...Another feeling pierced me like a thorn, making me shiver at the feeling. Everyone was laying on the cold ground, huddled close together. I could hear their steady breathing that was in perfect rythm. I stood up and winced as a twig snapped, making JJ stir in front of me. I lifted my feet and walked around everyone quickly, trying not to wake them up. My heart beated against my chest with every step I took. I looked up at a huge tree that was soluted against the barely visible indigo sky. I could see the outlines of the branches and and leaves. I narrowed my eyes and I could barely make out the outline of a person leaning against the tree. I jumped as the person looked at me quickly. "What are you doing awake?" He asked softly. I sighed and slowly began climbing the tree. My feet scraped against the slippery bark and I struggled to keep a foothold on it. He grabbed my hand, helping me. I regained my balance quickly, and I looked down at the drop below and shuddered. That'd ..

                           "Your such a freaking cluts." He scolded, looking me up and down. I dipped my head, making my bangs fall in my face. I guess that's all he sees me as... I looked at the pretty full moon that was visible from the high view. It poured over everything like water, bathing it in silver light. I gasped in awe and Jung Min looked out into the woods, straight ahead with a lost look in his light blue eyes. "Selena..." He began softly, looking at me. I looked at him quickly, and he akwardly turned away and shook his head. "Nevermind. I don't want to make you bored with my thoughts. Night, don't fall asleep." He said quickly, turning his back on me, and tossing a silver gun over his shoulder. I squealed and waved my arms widely as I struggled to catch it. "Wait-" I began but he was already climbing higher up above me. I shook my head as leaves fell in my hair. I leaned against the tree and listened to the silence that surrounded me in a couple minutes. I could hear the steady breathing of everyones breathing and my own. I jumped and clenched the gun tightly as something stirred near by. I stood up and placed on foot in front of the other as I balanced. I went wide eyed and gasped a person landed on the branch in front of me. Before I could react, the person grabbed me, puting me in a head lock. I closed my eyes and waited for the pain, but it never came. "Scared you." A voice whispered in my ear softly. Oh god, turn around slowly. My heart hammered against my chest quickly, and I slowly looked over my shoulder. 

                         I turned around and groaned in annoyance. "Your going to give me a heart attack, your lucky I didn't push you out of this tree." I snapped feeling heat rise to my cheeks. Jung Min laughed sarcastically and a small smug smile spread across his lips. "I'd like to see you try." He said temptingly. I rolled my eyes and opened my mouth to protest, for him to only slap his hand over my mouth. "Did you hear that?" He whispered in a hushed voice. I glared at him and gave a heavy breath. "Your not fooling me this time." I said after his hand, making him cuss and pull away from me. "No, seriously." He said, sounding serious. I gulped nervously and we both fell quiet. Twigs were snapping as if a huge group of people was walking towards us. I huddled closer to him and stared at him in alarm. His only reply was to put his finger over his leaps and jerk his head in the gesture for me to follow him. I went wide eyed as he leaped out of the tree. He landed with a soft thud and looked up at me. "Come on." He whispered, his voice barely loud enough for me to hear. I leaped out of the tree, and I enjoyed the warm air rush through my long black hair blissfully. I landed with a loud thud, and Jung Min looked at me and beckoned me with a wave of his hand. I ran towards him, breaking out into a jog. We both swurved around everyone, trying not to wake them up. I sighed.

                             "It's from further back there." He whispered to me, standing by my side. He handed me his silver gun and I looked down at it hesitantly. "If anything happens, run back and get the others. Or, shoot the person." He said resting his hand on the gun, looking me straight in the eyes. I gulped nervously and nodded. I'm surprised he trust me with this. We both were quiet as mice as we ducked under low hanging branches. His foot steps were super quiet with every step he took. I struggled to do the same, but winced as leaves crunched under my feet. He whiped around and pressed his fingers against his lips and shushed me loudly. I did it back over annoyedly. "I swear -" He began glaring at me to only be cut off with footsteps walking towards us. The bushes parted to reveal a outline of a person. I let out a startled scream, making Jung Min jump and punch the person, making them stagger back. I lifted my gun and pointed it at the person shakily. "Don't shoot!" The person cried. I titled my head but still kept the gun up. "Chi Hoon?" Jung Min asked softly. The boy stepped foreword, and I groaned. It was Chi Hoon. Blood was trickling from his nose, and it covered his hand. "Sorry." Jung Min apologized. I couldn't help but giggle. Chi Hoon mumbled to himself and just gave us a tiny nod. "Come on, let's head back." Jung Min said before taking the lead. 

                                Nina's POV: I jolted awake and I sat straight up. I blinked a couple times and yawned loudly.I could hear the voices of everyone waking up from around me. "Nina, time to wake up." A voice said sternly from above me. I sat up and opened my eyes, my body not wanting to move. "Can someone carry me?" I whined, not wanting to get up. Everyone was already getting their stuff together, walking in different directions. "Are you ok?" Selena asked, knealing down in front of me. My only reply was a loud and noisy yawn. "Yeah, just slept on a hard ground." I said with a small smile. She gave a tiny grin and shrugged. "Ok gang. Are we ready?" Hikoto asked, turning around to face all of us. Our huge group nodded and we all began to walk slowly. Everyone was more awake then others, and some not awake at all. I looked at Kris and Sehun. Kris looked meaner then ever, his light brown eyes barely open. Sehun was quieter then usual, and he looked down at his feet, his eyes closing now and then. JJ looked exhausted as well, and leaves and dirt was in his dark black hair. "I said I'm sorry." Jung Min groaned, making me speed up to see what was going on. Chi Hoon dramatically looked away, avoding Jung Min. "What happened?" I asked softly. Selena shook her head and rolled her eyes. "Jung Min and I were keeping watch and we though Chi Hoon was one of the scientist. So we went to check it out, and he snuck up on us and Jung Min decked him right in the face without thinking." She explained, laughing. 

                          They sure are crazy. "Yeah, and it freaking hurt." Chi Hoon whined, rubbing his face that was slightly swollen. Jung Min flipped his light gray bangs and gave a slight smirk. "Well, your face got in the way." He said carelessly. We all kept walking, talking to each other steadily. The bright sunlight shined on us, leaving black and white splashes on the colorful leaves on the ground. My vision was blurred by bright light as I walked into the white light patches. MinHyuk was watching his brothers carefully, as if he was making sure they didn't get into any trouble. "Stop you douche!" Selena yowled as JungMin shoved her hard, making her stumble clumsly off a trail. "Be careful." Kris and MinHyuk both said at the same time. They never fail to amuse me, not any of them. "I'm going to freaking shank you..." Selena threatened, facing Jung Min. I groaned and rubbed my head, resting my head in my hands. They still don't get along at times. JJ shook his head and a amused smile spread across his lips. "I'd like to see you try, come on." Jung Min said standing in front of her. "Stop it you two." Hikoto said glaring at the two annoying people. Selena and Jung Min both ignored him and Selena punched Jung Min hard in the shoulder. I gasped as her face twisted in pain and the sickning sound of bone breaking echoed around us. "Crap! God!" She screamed in pain. Wow..

                                She jumped backwards and shook her hand widely. Jung Min bursted out laughing, not even the slightest sympathy. "Why did you do that?" I asked dumbfoundedly. Selena looked at me with tears swelling in her light blue eyes. "I-I thought...I could get back at him." She whined before wincing in pain. MinHyuk rolled his eyes and mumbled under his breath. "Apologize to her, Jung Min." He said standing in front of them. His mouth dropped open as if his brother just spoke another language. "But-" He began pointing at Selena childishly, but MinHyuk held up his hand, silencing him. Jung Min glared at Selena who had a smug grin across her face. "I'm sorry that your stupidity effected you." He apologized with a sarcastic smile. I rolled my eyes and slapped him hard in the back of the head, making him yell in protest. "Like you mean it." Hikoto mumbled from the sidelines. Jung Min grinned and stared at Selena. "I'm sorry." He said softly, meaning it. I was slightly suprised that he would apologize. Selena blushed slightly and looked down, as if she wasn't expecting that either. "I am to." She said softly. Everyone clapped dramatically, and Kris clapped his hands together after rubbing them together. "Let's get going." He said before we all began to walk once more. I shook my head and observed my feet as we walked. I looked up as there was the sound of rapid footsteps running towards us. We all stopped and went wide eyed in horror. "There they are!" A unfamiliar voice shouted triumphantly. "Run!" I said. 

                               I screamed loudly and we all dashed off as quickly as possible. Jung Min slid on the ground, and leaped over everyone skillfully. The boys passed me and Selena with ease. She was running as fast as she could, her breathing coming out in short gasps. I forced my legs to push myself as fast as I could. I could hear the footsteps chasing after us quickly, some people barking comands to spread out. Panic surged through me and I felt my heart hammer against my chest. A couple minutes later, the only thing I could hear was the sound of my heart in my chest and the heavy breathing of myself. I screamed in surprise as my foot snagged on something, making me fly foreword. I landed with a loud thud clumsly, knocking the air out of me. I looked over my shoulder wide eyed. A huge pack of scientist were running right at us, weapons at hand and rage in their heartless faces. I closed my eyes tightly and I could hear their footsteps inches away from me. I gasped as I felt myself being picked up gentle. I opened one eye and went wide eyed as I saw Kyungil looking down at me fearlessly. He was wide eyed in fear as he looked over his shoulder at the scientist who were gaining on us. I wrapped my arms around his neck and clung onto him tightly. "Everyone spread out, were supposed to meet up at the river." He breathed, wheezing as he ran. I ducked under low hanging branches and twigs that threatened to hit me in the face. I could hear the roaring of water pounding against rocks up ahead. I smiled. 

                                           Kyungil's POV: Keep going....Keep running. I forced myself to run faster, but the weight of Nina in my arms seemed to weigh me down like a rock. I bursted through the bushes to come face to face with JJ. He took a step back and I could gradually see everyone coming. By the time everyone returned, they were all sweaty and breathing heavily. "Their getting more clever." Sehun mumbled resting his hands on his knees, beads of sweat rolling down his face. Jung Min faced is with determination in his light blue eyes. "Who cares? If we got past them now, then we can defeat them." He said determinadly. I turned away and went wide eyed as I looked at the roaring river from behind us. Jugged rocks were alined on either side of the roaring water. It raced by, destroying all the things sweeped across the current. The water sprayed on my legs, making me shiver at the coldness. "How do we cross this?" Chi Hoon whispered, sounding slightly defeated. Everyone stared at the river in silence. Jung Min's blue eyes stretched wide and I swore I could see faint fear glow in his light blue eyes. Is he...Scared? I shook my head and looked down at my black and white shoes. There's no way he's scared.  And why would he be scared of water? We all were cut off from out thoughts as Selena and Nina both screamed loudly in fear. I turned around quickly and gasped. Two scientist were holding Selena and Nina tightly, keeping a firm grip on them. Panic surged through me like the river in front of me, rapidly. 

                                 "Let her go." I growled, taking a step foreword. The scientist holding Selena grinned at me and pressed a silver blade against , making her look at all of us helplessly. He ran one hand through his dark hair that stuck up like spikes, looking like it could puncture a hand. "Let's not making any tough choices." He said softly. Selena screamed and wiggled widely in his grasp. I clenched my fist and closed my eyes tightly. I don't want to loose her, I don't think I'd be able to live with myself. Everyone was tensed up beside me, and I looked at them beggingly. Jung Min was looking at the man with hatred and anger in his eyes. He twirled a knife in his hand, making me wonder if he was going to throw it. "How about we make a deal?" The man asked, glancing at his friend who had Nina. He was bald, and his light brown eyes glowed in the bright sunlight. We all didn't respond and I forced myself not to charge at him. "Deal? What deal..." Hikoto growled, looking at him through his dark brown bangs. Is he being serious? He's not going to give her up, is he? Anger bubbled in me, and I clenched my teeth tightly. "Are you serious? What are you-" I growled in his ear, making him look at me in the coner of his eye. He lifted his hand, silencing me. "Here's the deal. You come with us, and let us hold you captive. And the girls won't get hurt." He explained softly. 

                          Jung Min snickered and glanced at his brother. He'd let them go? Selena was beginning to cry, and I could tell half of it was anger. She doesn't like showing weakness sometimes. Espacially for something like this. "Here's our answer..." Jung Min said before exchaning a glance with Hikoto. As quick as lighting, he chucked his knife at the man. It spun widely in the air before landing perfect in his shoulder. The man screamed and let go of Selena. Nina screamed as the man's friend shover her towards the edge of the water. Selena leaped on his back, making him move widely to ger her off. Nina screamed in horror as her foot slid out from underneath her. A second later, she landed in the crashing river below. "Jung Min!" Selena yelled, making him dash towards her. The man she was holding onto fell backwards into the water, making them both disappear. "Hope she can swim!" The scientist cackled before running off. Chi Hoon was getting ready to dash off, but JJ held his arm out in front of them. "We got to go in after them." He said softly. Jung Min took off his shirt quickly, and looked at us. "I'm going in, you guys keep watch." He ordered his voice trembling. He looked down at the water that roared by like a vicious monster. He clenched his fist, and I could see his body trembling. MinHyuk and Hikoto both stared at him in amazement. "Jung Min..." 

                       I looked at his brothers in alarm. "What's wrong?" I asked softly. Before I could ask anything else, Jung Min leaped in the water. I ran over to the side and skidded to a dangerous halt and looked for him worriedly. He shot up above the water, to only to be forced back down by the water. "He can't swim. He's terrified of water like this..." Hikoto said, his voice filled with pure worry. He's scared of water? Then why would he go in there?! "We got to help him!" I shouted in dismay. They both stared at me and gave a curt nod. "I'm going in after him." I said before running towards the water at full speed. He doesn't deserve to die, not like this. I'm doing this for everyone, we don't deserve this. I gasped as my body hit the water at full force. I gasped as the cold water surrounded me like ice closing in. I shot up and kicked my arms and legs rapidly. That didn't seem to help at all, and another wave crashed down on me quickly. I coughed loudly and spluttered, water filling my eyes and ears and mouth. I struggled to blink the water out of my eyes so that I could see. "Jung-" I called out but I was cut off as more water crashed over my head. I was shoved violently under water by the strong current. I don't want to die... I forced myself to shoot back up above the water once more, ignoring the aching pain in my body. I could hear the faint sound of Selena's voice near by. 

                                  Selena's POV: "Help...Me!" I screamed, my screams cut off as water filled my mouth and eyes. I was pushed underneath the water and I struggled to fight the current to only be jerked violently in different directions. I screamed as I felt someone grab my arms. I looked over my shoulder and screamed as I saw the bald scientist. He grabbed my shoulders and shoved me hard underneath the water. I squirmed and kicked violently in his grip, but nothing seemed to work. I could hear his evil laughter even from above the water, making me feel like all my hope was lost. I felt my body grow weaker and weaker every second. Black dots began to fill my vision and I felt my body gradually grow limp. I blinked and struggled to move as the sudden weight from the man disappeared quickly. I felt panick surge through me and I feared the worst as I was grabbed once more. But this time, I was pulled above the water. "Selena..." Someone spluttered loudly. I took a deep breath, and I was releaved to feel the air against my face. I looked over my shoulder and gasped. "Jung Min!" I screamed in surprise. He was sinking under the water helplessly and I grabbed ahold of him for dear life. I pulled him above the water and he clung onto me. I screamed as someone leaped on us. We both went wide eyed and disappeared underneath the water. Jung Min! I'm scared.

                              I shot above the water, my long black hair clinging to my frozen face. The man who had captured me before was fighting Jung Min in the water. They both faught each other widely, making splashes widely. I gasped and screamed as the man held Jung Min under neath the water for a long time. I held my breath and felt relief floor through me as he exploded above the water. I narrowed my eyes and I could see the outline of his chain that had to blades at the end. He wrapped it around the scientist neck and punched him a couple times, making his head fling backwards. I struggled to swim towards the side of the rivers, wich seemed to drain all of the energy from me. Jung Min slammed the scientist head against a huge orange rock that jutted out of the water. I gasped and relaxed as I finally reached the side and climbed out. I layed there for a moment, my breathing coming out rapidly. I looked over my shoulder and went wide eyed. Were are they? Panic surged through me and I layed on my stomach and looked in the clear water, hoping that Jung Min would pop up. I screamed as somone popped up in front of me. Kyungil! He had someone flung across his back, and he climbed out shakily. "Jung Min! Kyungil!" I screamed making everyone run over quickly. I hugged Kyungil tightly, and he was trembling. I hope there both ok, I was so worried. God..

                             Jung Min was still not moving and I dashed over to him and slid on my knees, and leaned over him. His dark gray bangs were plastered against his face, and his light blue eyes didn't flicker open. Hikito and the others gathered around quickly. "He's not breathing." Chi Hoon said shakily, his head inches away from Jung Min's head, his ear angled towards his mouth. He's...Not breathing? I felt my heart stop in my chest and the world seemed to spin. He's can't be dead.. "We got to save him!" I shouted my voice cracking. Everyone stared at me in surprise. I felt warm tears flood my eyes and I tried to blink them away but only failed. Warm tears rolled down my cheeks and I clenched my fist. It's my fault... "Who knows mouth to mouth?" JJ asked, making me look up. I gasped and whiped the tears away violently. I gulped and leaned over Jung Min. I pressed my lips against his, and breathed exhaled air into his mouth. Come on... I tried once more, everyone sitting around me motionlessly. I pulled away as I felt him stir beneath me. I pulled away and gasped in amazement. He sat straight up and coughed up water loudly. "Jung Min!" I squealed before hugging him. He looked at me dazedly. I thought he was dead.. He might hate me, but no matter what he's my friend. Everyone over talked each other chaotically, not knowing what to think or say. I sighed heavily and looked at him. He glanced at me, his hair dripping with water. "I just saved your life, you owe me." He said giving a half smile. I snickered and gave one too.

                       "I already did." I said smiling sarcastically. Nina giggled and I glanced at her blankly. "You got to pratically kiss him, what was it like?" She teased making heat rise to my face. She winked and I rolled my eyes as everyone joined in on bugging and embarrassing me. Jung Min's pale cheeks were slightly red as well, and he gentle touched his lips. "Well, let's get some rest." Kris said before yawning loudly. The sunset was beginning to set quickly behind trees that stretched in front of us. I nodded and layed down on the hard ground and shuddered. "Here." A soft voice whispered making me glance over. Jung Min was laying on the other side of me. He handed me his dry black leather jacket. I blushed heavily and opened my mouth to object, but he ignored me and layed down wiht a loud sigh. "Thanks for saving me." He mumbled, not facing me. I gave a tiny smile at him, making him roll over and face me. "Your welcome. It was pretty brave how you jumped in the water." I said greatfully. He shrugged and smiled. "At least I'm not scared of it anymore." He said flatly. I gasped and felt my mouth drop open. He jumped in after me even though he was scared of the water? I felt my heart pound against my chest. Woah, that's...Amazing. I glanced at him and blushed heavily. He was sound asleep now, and I scooted slightly closer to him. He saved my life.