“Flights aren’t until tomorrow morning Jaejoo-“

Between heaven and hell [WIP]

A/N: Merry Christmas everyone! ^^ late update but family was down so no can do~ 

Yunho’s was impatient as he waited for Jaejoong to come back. He somehow ended up having a somewhat of a staring competition with Kenny. If he were a lesser man, he would’ve smacked the man’s shining baldhead just to stop him from coming onto his secretary. Wait. Did he just think what he thought he did? His secretary? Yunho shook his head, waving it off. Well…Jaejoong was his secretary that was the truth.

Just as he was about to go off and jump onto another train of thought, someone no other than Jaejoong rudely interrupted him. He was only able to catch the end of the other’s frantic and near hysteric blabber as the man ran up to him. “-back to Seoul!”

Yunho frowned, a headache coming on from the other’s yelling voice. “Stop, calm yourself and restate your words clearly.”

The other took a deep breath, eyes watery as he prepared himself to plead his way through to his boss. “I l-left my brother at home without telling him where I am. T-the school rang and told me he hasn’t been at school at all this week! I need to go back! NOW!” Jaejoong cried out, not caring how incredibly loud he was.

Yunho blinked before reacting. “Flights aren’t until tomorrow morning Jaejoo-“

“WHA-“

Yunho held up his hand, cutting the other off. “But Changmin had left this morning to settle some proposals at the office, I could get him to check on your brother if that is what you’re worrying about.”

He sighed as he looked at his secretary’s crestfallen features, he could almost feel the guilt radiating from Jaejoong. “You can take the day off to get in contact with your brother. We’ll fly out on the first flight to Seoul tomorrow morning…don’t worry.”

Jaejoong nodded as Yunho turned to walk away, trying to act indifferent to the situation but before he could, Jaejoong grabbed onto his sleeve and smiled gratefully.

“Thank-you so much Yunho.”

Yunho felt his heart leap as his cheeks redden and he grunted in response, inwardly cursing himself through the tiring day.

Cancelling meetings early just for your secretary…totally reasonable…right? After all this was an emergency situation.

 

Right Yunho, right.

_

“You want me to want?” Changmin felt like a headache was coming on as he listened to whatever his brother has to say. Apparently not a lot except to ask him to find a missing kid that so happens to be the younger brother of a certain secretary.

“You heard right. Just this once?”

Changmin felt a big grin spread over his face as he thought over his little plan, it was like he didn’t need to do anything for it to blossom. “Consider it done hyung, I’ll get back to you.”

“Thanks Min.”

He hung up, stretching his arms above his head. Great. Now some teenage rebel to hunt down.

_

The apartment was oddly silent, causing Changmin to feel slightly unsettled as he continued knocking and pressing on the doorbell. Seriously…is the kid even home?

Just as he was about to call up Yunho, the door opened, revealing a crack of light and half a pale face.

“Kim Taemin?” Changmin asked.

The kid nodded hesitantly, eyes wary as he appraised the man.

From one look, Changmin could already tell that this wasn’t the face of some high school rebel that he was expecting to confront. This kid was definitely not someone that would just skip school for the hell of it.

“I’ve been called to look after you until your brother, Kim Jaejoong arrives tomorrow. So, excuse me.” Changmin ignored the kid’s wide eyes and pushed his way into the apartment. He kinda wished he knew how to deal with situations like this and not come off too bluntly as he looked at the kid’s rather uncomfortable expression.

After some awkward silence, Changmin mentally kicked Yunho and took it in himself to lead the silent kid to the lounge room. He sat down himself before looking up at the skinny kid. “Aren’t you going to sit down?”

Without uttering a word, Taemin sat down. He wanted nothing to do with this stranger, let alone wait for his brother’s return only to hear the words that he was no longer wanted, needed.

“Care to share why you decided to skip school?” Changmin asked half-heartedly. The silence was starting to get on his nerves.

“It’s none of your business sir.” The boy replied, not rudely but just unwillingly.

 Changmin was surprised but quickly masked his expression with a raised eyebrow. “Considering that I had to fly over here without any food to my stomach, I think I do deserve to know at least the basics.”

The boy stared at his hands, holding his emotions inside. “You won’t understand,” he mumbled.

“Maybe not. Try me.” Changmin pressed on. Why not get something out of the kid while he’s here?

A sigh left the boy’s lips, slight anger appearing on his face. He didn’t get why this man was so persistent. None one, not even his friends bothered to call him and ask him what was wrong during his entire week absent from school, so why did this man wanted to know? It sure wasn’t out of concern. It angered Taemin to think that this man probably pitied on him. “Why won’t you leave me alone?”

“Because your brother already has?”

The instant the words left Changmin’s lips, he regretted it as he watched the boy’s stunned expression quickly transit to utter sadness, a silent defeat. “- look I didn’t mean that. I’m sure your bro-“

Changmin never felt so lost in his life as he watched the tears run down the teen’s pale cheeks. It wasn’t before long till trembling sobs left the other’s lips. Changmin was never the one that knew how to offer comfort, probably causing more of the opposite if this was more evident than not.

So he just sat there, feeling ing useless as he waited for the other’s tears to subside.

Kim Jaejoong better get the here.