“Wow. You’re so shallow hyung.”

Between heaven and hell [WIP]

A/N: This was meant to be up yesterday but I kinda got sidetracked by watching 'Supernatural' while playing 'Animal Crossing'....a deadly combo I must say >_<; I somehow managed to stop myself from watching another episode to type this...so just in case somethings strange in this chapter...blame Dean. 

 

 

“Good luck at work hyung!” Taemin called out, waving as he watched his brother’s car disappear down the road.

 

He felt the familiar churn of his stomach as he turned back to their apartment block, his backpack felt like he was carrying hundreds of bricks.

 

When he made sure his brother is gone, he quickly made his way back inside, eyes cast downwards as he avoided any eye contact. This was definitely getting harder…

 

_

 

 

 

Yunho was already downing his second coffee despite only arriving at his office thirty minutes ago, ears falling deaf to everything but his wife’s heartbreaking cries.

 

“I’m not getting better…so p-please don’t leave me!” Hyemi sobbed.

 

“I wasn’t going to leave you! I was at my brother’s place for god’s sake!”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me? I already feel miserable without you here everyday and you can’t even stay with me at night?!”

 

But the coffee did no good as his eyes threaten to fall shut as he read through what meetings he had on for today. He was half way through organizing the speech he would give before he realized that his second cup was already empty. Refill yourself.

 

“Morning Mr. Jung, would you like me to refill that?”

 

 “What...” Yunho shook his head, clearing away the bleariness before meeting eyes with his secretary who he didn’t even hear coming in.

 

“I’m sorry, I knocked but I don’t think you heard me.”

 

“That’s fine. Right on time aren’t you?” Yunho looked over at the clock, passing his empty cup over without another glance.

 

 “Yes sir, there has been a change in your schedule today but don’t worry about it. I had everything fixed and it is up on your organizer,” Jaejoong smiled cheerfully. “I’ll be back with your coffee,” he added, “Call me if you need anything.”

 

Yunho blinked, staring after the other in slight awe. Where in the world had Changmin managed to get this…this angel?

 

_

 

Jaejoong hummed as he waited for the water to boil, a thoughtful look plastered over his features.

He couldn’t help but feel like his boss was trying to avoid him despite being really kind and patient with explaining everything. It was like Mr. Jung didn’t want to get to know him.

 

“Having a hard time already?” Changmin asked as he placed his coffee mug in the sink.

 

Jaejoong blinked and snapped out of his thoughts, shaking his head. “Oh no, Mr. Jung is quite easy to work with compared to my previous bosses.”

 

“Is that so?” Changmin mused.

 

“Yes, he helped me locate where everything is and what programs to use on the computer.”

 

“That’s nice of him.” Changmin muttered to himself before turning to face the other.

 

“Well, I’ll leave you to your work.” Changmin smiled slightly, mind already spinning with thoughts as he makes his way back to his own office.

 

_

 

“Is there anything on my face?” Jaejoong asked as he looked up from sorting out files for the meeting coming up.

 

Yunho felt his cheeks burn in embarrassment from having been caught staring at his own secretary’s alluring features and quickly covering up with a stiff shake of the head. “No, I was merely thinking. Are the files ready?”

 

Jaejoong who hardly ever frowned even once a week couldn’t help it as he felt his own lips curl downwards. “Yes Mr. Jung, the files are ready. I’ll go make sure everything is set up.”

 

It wasn’t fair. He did nothing wrong to this man, or so he thought. Jaejoong didn’t wait for an answer as he made his way down to the meeting room, a small pout forming over his lips. Why does everyone that I find attractive always turn out to have a stinky personality or just isn’t interested?

 

Jaejoong sighed and shook his head. He shouldn’t even be thinking about being in an romantic relationship with his boss since it was impossible for the clearly uninterested and highly professional man to even think of him in any informal way.

 

_

 

The first thing Jaejoong did was complain as he flopped down onto the couch next to his brother. It wasn’t in his usual personality to annoy others with his problems but Mr. Jung had a weird effect on him.

 

“Maybe he isn’t comfortable being close with a worker?” his brother suggested, voice somewhat quieter than usual.

 

But Jaejoong didn’t catch anything unusual as he sighed. “Why…the world is so unfair.”

 

A pause.

 

Taemin laughed. “You just want to marry a rich man.”

 

“Let me correct that. Rich and handsome man.”

 

“Wow. You’re so shallow hyung.”

 

Jaejoong punched his brother’s scrawny arm and sulked even more. “It’s not when you know it’s one hundred percent impossible.” He grumbled.