“Hyung…why does mum and dad hate me?”

Between heaven and hell [WIP]

A/N: Wasn't feeling too well the past few days but now back to updating ^^ Enjoy, it's going to get a little on the angst side of the story now. Oh and btw, you can find me on livejournal too if you prefer livejournal to aff. ( http://bicycleforfive.livejournal.com)

 

Jaejoong leant his head against the bathroom wall, hoping to cool his inflamed cheeks. This is ridiculous.

He had never imagined that he would share a room with his boss, let alone a freaking love suite. Jaejoong groaned, how on earth would he sleep tonight?

A knock sounded on the bathroom door, snapping Jaejoong out from his misery. “Yeah?” he called out.

“How long do you intend to stay in there?” Yunho’s voice was void of emotion, somehow managing to be in control of the situation unlike Jaejoong who was now scrambling to fix the flying strands of hair he had managed to muss up.

“S-Sorry, did you need the bathroom?” Jaejoong brushed past Yunho, content to find another place to cool himself off.

“No…I was wondering if you were hungry.”

That lone question quickly lead to another series of events which contained an awkward fifteen minutes trying to order food off the Japanese room service lady who had gushed at them the whole while, obviously thinking they were a newly wed couple or something like that.

They were both exhausted afterwards and quickly had their separate showers, finally settling down for the night as Changmin had called and informed them that the opening of the hotel will be scheduled a day later so they wouldn’t have to rush.

“Goodnight.”

Yunho’s voice was so deep, slightly husky from how tired he was and Jaejoong could not help that tiny shiver run down his spine as he found himself staring at the ceiling, feeling incredibly warm as the other’s body heat was so close.

 “Night Yunho.”

They both know that it would be one long night.

_

Stupid.

Completely and utterly stupid.

That was what Taemin had felt after calling Jaejoong’s company with the fear that his brother was missing. Oh but how wrong was he, his brother simply left for a business trip and didn’t even bother leaving a damn note.

Taemin didn’t want to make a big deal about it and tried to convince himself that Jaejoong simply forgot. But the emptiness he felt inside was devouring him, taking over any ray of light he had left.

His brother was the only person he truly trusted and loved, so to be completely forgotten by Jaejoong, hurt –no matter the reason. It reminded him of how he became like this, the day his hyung left home, leaving him with the judgmental stares his parents bore into him that no one but he ever noticed.

“Hyung…why does mum and dad hate me?”

Jaejoong frowned, shaking his head before ruffling his little brother’s hair. “Don’t be silly, they love you more than me.”

Taemin nodded slowly as he watched his brother turn back to work on his homework. Taking that as his queue to leave, he walked back his bedroom to look down at his freshly bruised arm. “Then why?”

Taemin knew he wasn’t smart, not having any common sense as his hyung often about. But he had always tried so hard to get the top marks in school, to gain their parent’s affection and to impress his brother.

But like everything in his life, it didn’t matter and that is when Taemin finally gave in to the darkness inside him.

_

“Good morning Mr. Jung.”

Yunho nodded briefly to the manager and walked into the hotel with Jaejoong right behind him. The air of awkwardness between them had yet to fade, only increasing tenfold due to what happened early this morning.

Yunho could feel his phone vibrate on the bedside table next to him, indicating him that it was probably time to get up. But he felt oddly warm, too comfortable almost as he was used to sleeping with the constant doubt and worry for his wife.

He moved slightly, finding his nose buried in someone’s soft hair and strangely calming scent. As his mind jolted to alert, he looked down.

He had his arms completely wrapped around Jaejoong, tucking the smaller man’s head under his chin and preventing any escape. “.” Yunho cursed under his breath, trying his best to move away without waking the other but it was useless as the other clearly felt the movement and stirred awake, still in the arms of Yunho.

A small moan emitted from Jaejoong’s lips as he blinked awake, lazily staring up, straight into the warm brown eyes of his boss.

That is when chaos ensued.

 

Yunho cleared his mind and turned his attention to the manager. “Please give us a tour of the hotel and I’ll tell my secretary to write down any changes that may need to occur.”

The manager, Mr. Lee nodded and looked over at Jaejoong. “Nice to meet you, I’m the manager of the hotel. Please call me Kenny.”

Yunho’s eyes narrowed at how the other scanned Jaejoong up and down without shame.

“I’m Mr. Jung’s secretary, Pleased to meet you too, I’m Jaejoong.” Jaejoong smiled and shook the other’s hand, a little uncomfortable as the man squeezed his hand like he would never let go.

Yunho cleared his throat. “Excuse me, I would like to evaluate the whole hotel before the opening ceremony starts.”

Kenny released Jaejoong’s hand almost reluctantly before nodding. “Of course, please follow me Mr. Jung….Jaejoong~”

Yunho frowned.

_

Halfway through the hotel and Jaejoong had already taken down more notes then he had ever thought was humanly possible in a short twenty minutes.

Yunho was merciless as he examined every surface. It almost seemed like nothing in this hotel impressed him, or rather the manager.

“These are handmade from one of the most-“

“Pink roses should not be against a red wall, have them changed by today. I’ll get Jaejoong to send you the list of the other things that need modifying.”

Kenny looked annoyed but swallowed it down as he smiled. “Of course Mr. Jung.” He turned to Jaejoong, “Would you be free later? I would love to show you around Japan, I’m sure you haven’t been able to go sight-seeing with all the work you have to do.”

Before Jaejoong could utter a single reply, Yunho cut in. “Since you know how much work Jaejoong has, I’m sure you know that he will have no time for any sight-seeing.”

Jaejoong felt at lost as he watched the two men, he almost felt sorry for Kenny. Just as Yunho turned to him to tell him to write down another note, his phone rang with a name he never expected and also sending his blood cold as realization hit him, hard.

“I-I’m sorry, can I please take this call?” Jaejoong knew he looked frantic as he gaped at his own phone.

Yunho frowned but nodded upon seeing the other’s expression. The instant he did, Jaejoong ran out of the hotel as he pressed his phone to his ears.

“Mr. Kim, I’m aware that you're Taemin’s older brother and current caretaker as you both share a residence. May I know the reason as to why your brother has not attended school for the past week?”