"What's with the constipated look?"

Between heaven and hell [WIP]

A/N: I think it's evident in how much i'm liking writing Changmin's character.

 

For the past few weeks, all Yunho did was focus on ignoring his much too cheerful and simply stunning secretary. Sure it wasn’t professional how he would dismiss him whenever possible but he knew for certain that if he didn’t, he wouldn’t be able to stop himself from being attracted to Jaejoong after noticing the glances the other subtly gave him during business meetings.

 

The other’s personality was everything he had wanted to find in a possible partner and the contrast between his own wife only showed him what he was missing in his life at home. Happiness.

 

He used to happy with Hyemi back when they were high school sweethearts. But somehow things changed as soon as he took over the company from his father, spending days away at business trips and treating the office like his second home. It was his entire fault. If he hadn’t neglected her, she wouldn’t have fallen sick. That is what he believed as he couldn’t bring himself to leave her, after all he was guilty.

 

“What’s with the constipated look?”

 

Yunho glared up at Junsu. “Really?”

 

“You should’ve seen your face seriously. Changmin was right, she is literally draining your life.” Junsu shook his head, seating himself down.

 

Yunho laughed bitterly. “You make her sound like a vampire.”

 

“It’s true hyung…why can’t you just let yourself be happy?”

 

“I just can’t…” not when she’s like this.

 

_

 

“I might be home later than usual, I left some food in the fridge if you’re hungry okay?” Jaejoong said quickly, pulling his coat over his shoulders.

 

“Sure hyung, be careful.”

 

“Will do.”

 

Taemin felt a lump build up in his throat as he watched the door close. He felt completely useless as he watched his brother leave every day, success radiating off him like sunrays while he stayed at home, wasting away his future. Did he even have a future? He wasn’t so sure anymore.

 

He made his way to the fridge, eyeing the plate of food before closing the door again. What am I doing?

 

_

 

Changmin stared at his computer screen, plane tickets already booked and set as he pushed himself away from the desk. Let’s just see how long he keeps his cold façade…

“Hey Min, Jaejoong’s here. Do you want me to get him for you?” Junsu popped his head in the door, eyes sparkling with determination.

 

“Sure, is hyung gone?”

 

“The normal.”

 

Changmin couldn’t help but frown as he pictures his hyung coming home from work, completely exhausted only to have to deal with that woman.

Don’t worry hyung; I won’t let her destroy you.

 

“Well then…I’ll go get him.”

 

_

 

“Um you asked for me Changmin?”

 

“Take a seat hyung, I want to ask you some questions.” Changmin smiled pleasantly.

 

“Okay.” Jaejoong sat down, not really sure what to be expecting.

 

“What do you think of my brother?”

 

Jaejoong blinked. Wow. He sure is direct.

 

“I umm…he is a genuinely nice person to work with.”

 

Changmin shook his head. “No I mean, in a different sense. Like would you see him as a candidate for dating?”

“W-What?” Jaejoong spluttered, his instantly pink cheeks giving him away as the other looked at him with an unwavering gaze. “I…I admit thinking that he is hot but I swear I didn’t it let it distract me from work!”

 

Changmin laughed, putting his hands up to calm the other down. “You’re not in trouble hyung. I just want to know whether you are interested.”

 

“Well…” Jaejoong cleared his throat, “Yes but-“

 

“He’s married.”

 

Jaejoong’s eyes widened, cheeks darkening in embarrassment and anger. “So what is this? Are you playing with me?”

 

“Calm down, he’s not in love with her. He is only still with her because of guilt. He may appear as straight as a ruler but trust me, he definitely swings your way.” Changmin said.

 

“Why are you telling me this?”

 

“Because I think he needs someone like you. That’s all.”

 

_

 

Jaejoong couldn’t focus as he pondered over Changmin’s words from earlier; his word document was depressingly blank as he tried to take in what the other party was saying.

 

“I think it would benefit both companies if we directly take part in the launching of the new hotel in Japan. What do you think Yunho?” Changmin put forward a file as Jaejoong snapped back to reality.

 

“Would that be necessary?” Yunho asked back, frowning as he noticed that look on his brother’s face. What are you planning now dongsaeng?”

 

“Oh of course. Just imagine all the press the company with get in having the very owner of the biggest hotel ever built in Japan to attend.” Changmin listed all the major press in Japan and sat back, a smirk playing at the corners of his lips.

 

“There might be a problem in getting tickets since the launching is tomorrow.” Yunho bit back, lips setting into a straight line.

 

“Oh don’t worry, I knew you would agree so I booked plane tickets in advance. So, everyone pack your bags for tonight. We’ll be leaving early tomorrow morning.” Changmin’s smirk only widened as he saw the dark cloud spread across his brother’s features. Can’t avoid him forever…can you now?