“Yes I have and I god hope at least one of them will make it through the Shim analysis.”

Between heaven and hell [WIP]

A smell of burnt toast invaded his sense of smell, awakening him from his sleep as he groaned out a complaint –having been woken up from his much needed rest after yesterdays non-stop rush of handing in his resume to five different majoring companies in hopes that one will accept him. “Taemin…” he grumbled, still haven’t gotten used to living with his younger brother in their shared apartment after moving away from home straight after finishing high school.

 

To Jaejoong’s utter shock and then annoyance, the only answer that he got back from his completely clumsy and still as dependant as the day he was brought back from the hospital as a newborn, was the obnoxiously loud beeping of their newly installed fire alarm. Please don’t let it be a fire, please don’t let it be a fire.

Jaejoong chanted in his mind as he all but flew into their kitchen was now completely fogged up with blackened smoke.

 

“Hyung!” Taemin cried out, appearing from the smoke. His usually pale face was covered with sweat and- is that egg yolk?

 

Jaejoong could only hoped that the rest of his day will be better as he started to clean the kitchen after deeming that there was no fire, only a couple of dozen burnt eggs and completely charred pieces of what should be- toast. And having sent his brother to his room in case anything else hazardous happens while the other attempted to help.

_

 

“Have you scheduled for the people to come in for interviews after lunch?” Yunho inquired his friend.

 

“Yes I have and I god hope at least one of them will make it through the Shim analysis.”

 

Yunho barked out a laugh at his friend’s painfully true statement about his brother’s ridiculously high standards and even he’d admit that he’d never go through an interview with the other. Good thing that I’m the boss.

 

“Are you going to join us for lunch today hyung? Or…is your wife coming?”

 

A sigh escaped his lips at his friend’s hesitant voice at the mention of his wife and he nodded. “The last one.”

 

“Sure, no problem. I’ll be going now.” His friend gave him a sad smile and left his office. Guilt poured through his heart as he once put down Junsu’s offer and all his other close friends offers. But he just couldn’t say no to his wife, she needed someone to be with her because of her weak body and to even think about letting her down was out of the question as Yunho dialed home.

 

“Are you coming now? Or do you want me to sent someone to pick you up?”

 

His wife’s laughter sounded through the phone and he sat back and smiled, enjoying the sound.

“I can drive you know”

 

Yunho frowned. “But I don’t want you too, not while you’ve been saying that you feel sick”

 

“Okay then, I’ll wait for you honey”

 

“I’ll be there soon.”

 

He hung up and got up to grab his coat, nodding to his employees as he passed and stopping in front of his brother’s office door.

 

“Is it decent in there?” he called out.

 

“Shut up hyung, I’m just organizing the interview files that someone hadn’t bothered to sort.” Came the stark reply.

 

Yunho chuckled and entered the room, eyes falling on the three laptops on the desk, all facing his brother. “May I ask why you need three laptops?”

 

“To separate business from my personal life.”

 

Yunho shook his head and sat down. “So how many people are coming in for the interviews today?”

 

“Forty or more originally but I did some basic cut-offs so fifteen.”

 

“Dongsaeng…you do realize we are short on staff…” Yunho warned.

“Yes I know that very much hyung. But I am not going to let any old nut job off the street into our company like the last few new employees we’ve been too careless about.”

 

His brother was right, but with the shortage of staff members none of them are able to take a break and it was clearly showing in their stress levels.

 

“Just try to find at least one person today okay?”

 

His brother’s gaze did not soften one bit. “No promises…but I’ll try for your sake.”

 

Yunho smiled and reached out, messing his brother’s hair and enjoying the indignant sounds coming from the usually stoic man.

“I’ll see you after the interviews and you can have my share of lunch that umma is sending us today, bye Changmin-ah!”

 

Changmin shook his head as he watched his hyung leave. I hope she isn’t changing him…

 

_

 

“Sure, of course! Thank you so much, yes I’ll be there on time. Thanks once again and I’ll see you soon.” Jaejoong put the phone down and breathed out and in before squealing for the world to know.

 

Something good had managed to squeeze its way into today after all! Jaejoong grinned as he went through his wardrobe, carefully choosing out an appropriate choice of clothing for an unexpected interview.