Chapter 9

Lost Memories (ON HIATUS)

Previously

After 10 minutes of running she finally reached her destination. She rang the doorbell twice already but still nobody answered. Mi Young was about to lose hope when the door finally opened.

“Mi Young ssi?”

---Presently---

“Ah, annyeong haseyo Mrs. Kim” Mi Young greeted. “May I talk to Ryeowook?” She asked with a slight hint of urgency in her voice.

“Oh, Ryeowook’s still asleep, I think.” Mrs. Kim said.

“Oh, is that so?” Mi Young said in disappointment.

“Come in. Let’s have a talk…” Mrs. Kim then led Mi Young to their living room. “I have something to ask you before anything else.” She said after they took their seats.

“Sure.”

“Is it true that Hwa Young ssi left for Japan?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“Deh,” Mi Young answered with tears forming in her eyes.

“What’s wrong?” Mrs. Kim asked again.

“Sh-she’s going to live there for good.” Mi Young said.

“Eh?” A voice asked from behind.

            The two looked at the source and saw Ryeowook standing there with a shocked face. “Oh, Ryeowook” Mrs. Kim then stood up. “I’m going to leave you for awhile.” She said and went out of the room.

“Mi Young, what you said awhile ago… Was that true?” Ryeowook asked.

“Yes.” Mi Young replied accompanied with a nod.

            Ryeowook then collapsed on the floor as tears started to fall down. “It’s my fault.” Ryeowook said repeatedly blaming himself. “If it wasn’t for my actions then this wouldn’t have happened.” He continued.

“Shh, Ryeowook stop blaming yourself!” Mi Young uttered as she moved towards the fragile boy and comforted him.

“I would’ve told her that I love her.” Ryeowook cried in her arms.

            After a few minutes, Mi Young decided to leave him alone. “Mrs. Kim, was I right to tell him about it?” Mi Young debated as soon as they were in the front porch.

“Yes.” Mrs. Kim said. “It may take him sometime to recuperate.” She added looking at the window where Ryeowook is as Mi Young casted her gaze at the pavement.

“You know what...” Mrs. Kim began. “Hwa Young was the first girl whom he learned to love more than a friend.” She continued. “That’s why it’s hard for him to let her go…”

“Well then, it’s time for me to go now.” Mi Young said politely. “Thank you, Mrs. Kim.”

“Have a safe trip back home, Mi Young ssi.” Mrs. Kim said. “And don’t forget to stay in touch with Hwa Young ssi for us!” She added as she hugged the girl.

“Deh”

            Meanwhile, Hwa Young went out of their house for the first time ever since they’ve set foot in Japan. After a long sightseeing, her last stop was Shibuya and thus, settled in a café near the train station.

“May I take your order?” A waitress asked.

“Cream soda please”

“Is there anything else, miss?”

“None… Just the cream soda”

            After which, Hwa Young fished out her phone and a book from her bag. ‘Hm… Let’s see…’ Hwa Young thought as she checked her mail. ‘Wha- that Mi Young!’

Yah, I told you didn’t I? Not to tell him about that. And besides he doesn’t care about me anymore.’ Hwa Young replied to her mail.

Sorry, but I couldn’t bear it anymore… And you’ve got the wrong idea….’ Mi Young replied after a few minutes.

Well, isn’t that true?’ Hwa Young continued.

He still cares for you, idiot!’ Mi Young replied probably annoyed. ‘If only you’re here to see his reaction then you would’ve understand.

I’m not an idiot. And if you didn’t know he was the one who started it.’ Hwa Young replied.

That’s why he's regretting right now.'

“Um… Excuse me miss…” Someone spoke up.

            Hwa Young looked up and saw the waitress carrying her order. “Oh, sorry I haven’t noticed you there.” She apologized and placed her things to the side.

            Meanwhile, at the corner of the room few boys were staring at Hwa Young. “Neh, isn’t she cute?” A boy whispered.

“Yeah,” Another agreed. “What do you think, Jin?” The boy asked to his left only to find out that the other boy disappeared.

“What the—“Their companion reacted as soon as he spotted him walking towards the girl.

-At Hwa Young’s table-

“Hi there” A boy greeted Hwa Young.

Hwa Young looked at him weirdly and said, “Uh… do I know you?”


Sorry it took me long to update... I'm busy with my studies right now... And once again I'm under stress and pressure since some of my teachers are too strict and loves to give activities and homeworks....

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my latest update so far...