Aftermath

Lost Memories (ON HIATUS)

Donghae’s POV

‘So her name is Hwa-Young.” I mentally took note of her name. “Um… Don’t you have class right now?” I asked Mr. Jung.

“Yeah but I just couldn’t leave her here all alone.” He said.

“Then I’m going to stay here to accompany her until she recovers.” I offered.

“Really? But---”

“Don’t worry about me. I can handle myself.” I assured him.

“Okay if you say so.” He gave up and started to move. “Please look after her for me and I trust you for her safety.” He said.

“Okay you can count on me, Mr. Jung!” I said and waved at him as his shadow started to disappear in the hallways. “I hope that you’ll survive, Hwa-Young ssi” I murmured and looked at the place where Hwa-Young is.

3rd Person’s POV

Time flew so fast and Donghae didn’t know that it was past 12:00 noon already. He just sat there and waited for the doctor to come out. In a short matter of time the doctor who responded to Hwa-Young came out.

“Doctor how is she?” Donghae asked still worried about Hwa-Young.

“She’s fine but right now she’s still recovering from the accident.” The doctor answered “She luckily survived this accident but we don’t know what will happen next to her in the future.” The doctor said.

“What do you mean by that?” Donghae asked.

“She might suffer from amnesia after losing much blood.” He informed Donghae “So it’s better to have someone to look after her.” He added. “What relationship do you have with the patient?” The doctor asked.

“Oh, I was just passing by her school when the accident happened.” Donghae replied as he scratches his neck feeling uncomfortable with the stares that the nurses are giving him.

“Oh is that so?” The doctor wondered “By any chance do you know the patient’s name?” The doctor again asked him.

“I only managed to get her first name.” Donghae answered.

Ryeowook’s POV

After our class I’ve decided to take a break. On my way to the cafeteria, people were gossiping but then suddenly stopped when they saw me passing by the hallway.‘What’s wrong with them?” I asked to myself. As I took down a seat near the window someone approached me.

“R-ryeowook ah…” He said to me.

“What?” I asked him.

“It’s about Hwa-Young ssi.” He stated.

“What about her?” I asked him coldly.

“She…”

“She what?” I asked impatiently.

“She got into an accident awhile ago…”He said looking at the floor.

“What?” I got shocked after hearing the news. He explained what he knew about the accident to me.

“Where is she?” I asked again.

“She’s at the nearest hospital here.” He answered.

I ran with only Hwa-Young on my mind. “Oh, Ryeowook ah where are you going?” Mi Young asked as I ran past her.

“I’m going to Hwa-Young!” I answered without looking back. I ran as fast as I could. My heart was beating fast just thinking about her situation she’s in. As soon as I saw the hospital I instantly went inside to clarify if Hwa-Young was there. “Is there a patient named Lee Hwa-Young?” I asked the nurse.

“Excuse me are you related to Hwa-Young?” A voice from behind asked me. I turned around to see a doctor behind me.

“I’m Hwa-Young’s classmate. Do you know where she is?” I asked the doctor.

“Oh I see, she’s currently in room 143.” The doctor informed me.

“Thank you doctor!” I said and ran off to the said room.

Donghae’s POV

I waited for hours just for Hwa-Young’s sake. “Hmmm…” Hwa-Young moved and opened her eyes. “W-where am I?” She asked.

“You’re in the hospital.” I answered then she looked at me blankly.

“Oh, I’m Lee Donghae nice to meet you.” I introduced myself to her.

“What am I doing here?” She asked me as she tried to get up.

“No! Just stay there!” I instructed her as I stopped her moving.

After that I slowly explained about the accident and how she was able to get in here.

“Oh so that’s what happened.” She said understandingly.

“Hwa-Young!” Someone busted through the door. Hwa-Young then looked at him like a stranger. “Hwa-Young…” He said and went nearer to Hwa-Young.

“Who are you?” She suddenly asked and the boy stopped from moving any further.

“W-what are you talking about?” He asked Hwa-Young “It’s me Ryeowook, remember?” He said panicking with Hwa-Young’s reaction.

Hwa-Young thought for a moment and shook her head “Nope I can’t remember at all.” She answered.

“Um… Ryeowook ssi I think it’s better if we’re going to leave Hwa-Young for a moment to rest.” I said and grabbed him out of the room. “Ah, doctor Hwa-Young’s awake already.” I said as we went out of the room.

“Okay I’ll just check her out once I’m done.” He replied.

“Thank you.” Ryeowook said.

“For what?” I asked him.

“For taking care of Hwa-Young.” He answered.

“Oh it’s okay.” I said.

“May I ask you a favor?” He asked.

“Yeah sure” I told him openly.

“Can you protect Hwa-Young for me?” he asked.

“W-why?” I asked him back.

“I can’t protect her anymore like how I used to.” He answered “You heard her right? She forgot my name, my identity, even our promise with each other.” He added.

It’s true I felt sorry for him because Hwa-Young can’t remember him even a single thing of him as a person. “If that’s what you want.” I said “I’ll protect her for you.” I added as I placed my hands on his shoulders.

“Thank you…” He then looked at me.

“Lee Donghae.” I told him my name.

“Thank you, Donghae ssi.” He again thanked me and walked away.

“I promise I’ll protect her with everything that I have for you.” I murmured.

Ryeowook’s POV

“Thank you and good bye, Hwa-Young. I’ll never forget you.” I said as I looked back “I’ll treasure those memories that we have forever in my heart.” I added and went to our secret place.             


I hope that you liked this update ^.^ Same as usual  comments are welcome....

Might as well update tomorrow since I'm going to make my Written Report for Social Studies...

Happy belated Birthday Donghae oppa!

Oh, for those who are wondering why I chose the number 143 is because it may mean I love you or I hate you so basically this is based on Ryeowook and Hwa-Young's relationship with each other.