An Act to Protect

Lost Memories (ON HIATUS)

“Sorry, Ryeowook oppa… But I need to do this for your sake…” Hwa Young said in the verge of tears. “Sorry I couldn’t protect you at all.” She added and wiped her tears. “Please forgive me…

-Flashback-

“Um… Miss, Mr. Lee wants to talk to you.” One of the servants in Hwa Young’s room said

“Heh? Father wants to talk to me?”

“Yes. He says it’s really important.”

 “Okay. Where is he?” Hwa Young asked still having her hair fixed by the other maid in the room.

“He’s at the garden together with your mother Miss Hwa Young.” She answered

“Hwa Young, Hwa Young is fine.” Hwa Young politely said to her.

“But—“

“No buts!” Hwa Young exclaimed which made her maids flinched. She as their master noticed this. She sighed and said “Forgive me but I’m just not used with these formalities.”

The maids in her room exchanged glances for this was the first time that anyone from the Lee family, except Mrs. Lee, asked for their forgiveness. “No it’s okay. But then we’re not allowed to address anyone from your family without any honorifics especially in front of Mr. Lee.” One of them said.

“Then just call me by my name when we’re alone.” She flashed them her usual smile. She stood up after her hair was done. “Well then can anyone accompany me? I think I might get lost with this monstrous house.” She stated. Her maids chuckled by her statement, which is true for the first-timers to enter the house. One of them volunteered to accompany Hwa Young to the gardens to meet her parents.

“Father, you called for me?” Hwa Young asked after bowing to give respect to her parents.

“Yes of course. Have a seat first.” Mr. Lee gestured to the seat in front of him. “Did you enjoy your stay at your grandmother’s house?” He asked his daughter.

“Of course I’ve made friends with the other kids at my age!” Hwa Young happily replied.

“Is that so?” Her mother came in bringing with her a pot of tea and a plate of cookies.

“Eun Ae, you could always have the maids bring that for you.” Mr. Lee hurriedly helped his wife.

“So, what relation do you have with Kim Ryeowook?” Mr. Lee suddenly asked after he set the table.

“Oh, he’s a friend of mine; the person whom I could trust with anything.” She said. She told them how they met and everything that they wanted to know.

“Hwa Young, I want you to stay away from him.” Her father suddenly commented.

“W-why?” She asked.

“You shouldn’t trust any of your friends now that you’re known as the heiress of the Lee Corporation.” Mr. Lee seriously said. “I don’t want you to stain our family name just for him.” He added.

“But—“

“You don’t want anything to happen to him don’t you?” Mr. Lee spoke with venom in his voice.

Hwa Young dropped her head low letting her hair cover her face hiding her tears from the view. She slowly nodded knowing that it’ll be hard to accomplish what her father wants her to do.

“Good. Now listen to me if you don’t want anything to happen with your dear friend.”

-End of flashback-

Hwa Young, who wasn’t able to hide her emotions anymore, silently cried. She quickly wiped her tears as someone entered the room.

“Hwa Young ssi are you hungry?” Donghae asked.

Hwa Young slowly shook her head in response and asked “Where is he?”

“Oh, he left already.” He then took his seat near the bed.

“Did you cry?”

“Hmm… No…”

“You’re lying.” Donghae moved his hand closer to Hwa Young’s face.

“Why would you say that?” She asked.

“…Your eyes…” He wiped away her tears.

Hwa Young then backed away and asked pointing the wall clock “You… You still have a class don’t you?”

“Maybe… Yes… Of course… I do have a class…” Donghae looked down on the floor.

“Go on… Go back to your class…” She said to him with a smile planted on her face.

“But I can’t leave you here.”

“It’s okay and besides I don’t want you to skip any of your classes just because of me.” She said.

Donghae wants to argue back but decided not to, considering that she’s still recovering from the accident. “Okay I give up.” He stood up and walked towards the door.

“Donghae,” Hwa Young called.

“Yes?”

“Be careful and good luck!”

“Thank you!” With that Donghae closed the door and smiled. Hwa Young completely made his day beautiful from his perspective even though they’re in a hospital. “Aah, Hwa Young what have you done to me?” He asked to himself confused with the feelings he got when every time he’s with her.


Sorry it took time for me to update...

I was so stressed with our projects, speeches, activities, assignments and our play prod ...

I'm sorry if this update ... I'm lost in the middle of the plot because some of my friends want me to finish the other fanfic I was writing... (I'm also confused as to what presents should I give them for Christmas)... *sighs* Being a 2nd year student is so stressful... :(