The truth

The Lost Voodoo Doll

The doll's control over N disappeared almost immediately. The girl was shocked but kept herself composed and left the cafe. 

N turned to look at the person who had just saved Ravi and himself.

"That's not very nice, sir," he said with a huge grin on his face. He had brown eyes which meld well with his deep brown eyes. His dimples flashed as the grin on his face stayed.

"Uh...," N and Ravi was speechless but the guy just took the glass out from N's hand and placed it back onto the table.

"I'm Hongbin. Both of you are?"

"Ravi. He's N," Ravi introduced himself and N while the stranger, Hongbin nodded. N was still rather speechless but he turned to Ravi first once he got control over his mouth again.

"I'm so... So sorry, Ravi."

"Why are you suddenly apologizing?" Ravi asked, shocked since he had not realized N's earlier behavior.

"He nearly smashed a glass right at you, sir," Hongbin replied while N looked at Ravi apologetically. Ravi blinked in confusion before fully grasping what the guy had just told him.

"Ah... I didn't notice..."

"Hongbin-sshi... Thank you for stopping me too or else I would've really hit Ravi."

"You can just call me Hongbin. I have a few questions for you. I hope you don't mind answering it," he said while sitting down beside N.

"Sure, go on," Ravi muttered and continued eating.

"Thank you. N-sshi-."

"Call me N too."

"N... Ok... Has there been anything weird occurring around here lately?" He had a serious look on his face which made N gulped somehow.

"Apart from N, I don't know what else," Ravi answered in a sarcastic voice, earning a light punch from N.

"What happened to N?" 

"You tell him yourself," Ravi said and elbowed N who sighed.

"Yah! I'm not weird. It's just that yesterday and the day before, I've been doing things which I don't."

"Example?" Hongbin inquired. N shuffled nervously.

"I drank 8 glasses of wine when I'll usually get drunk quickly. I got drunk again last night but I can't even remember holding a single glass of alcohol."

"That's because you didn't get drunk last night," the words just slipped from Ravi's mouth and before he realized it, N shouted," WHAT?!" Everyone stared at them. Ravi mentally slapped himself before turning to look at N.

"Um... Uh... Can we go somewhere more private to talk?" Ravi asked, regretting what he said earlier.

"Why? Did N do something which can't be told publicly?" Hongbin questioned with a small smile. N glared at Ravi for lying to him. Ravi sighed and quickly dragged them out from the cafe after paying for the bill. He brought them to the abandoned park which no one entered since a maintainence sign was placed there but no one did do anything to make it better.

"Look, I didn't want you to know what you did yesterday. That's why I kept it a secret. At least I thought I could."

"Why? Just tell me what is it?!" N urged Ravi. Hongbin just listened to them.

"You... You just stabbed some random stranger and almost... Almost stabbed me too," Ravi stuttered. N's legs buckled and he was kneeling down. He looked at his hands in horror and disbelief. He almost stabbed his own friend?! How could he?!!

"What happened to the stranger?" N managed to ask in a cracked voice.

"He's in the hospital."

"Is it bad?"

"No. He said he won't blame you and... He said once you know the truth, maybe you can go visit him before he gets out from the hospital." Hongbin lifted N up while Ravi talked.

"Let's go meet him then," Hongbin exclaimed. They looked at him.

"How can I meet someone I hurt?"

"You can always apologize. I believe he will forgive you." N nodded and agreed to go.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

"Leo hyung? Hongbin hyung found the person being controlled. He's asking for your order now."

"Hmm..."

"Hyung~~?"

"Quiet, will you? Tell Hongbin to just do what he wants but make sure he prioritize whatever is more important."

"Yes, hyung."

"Night is approaching again. Soon it'll be a full moon. We must be quick."