The doll's power

The Lost Voodoo Doll

When N woke up, he felt odd like he wasn't in his own home and bed. He sat up and realized he was in Ravi's home on the bed. He had seen his room only a couple of times but enough to remember how it looked like. His clothes were changed into some jumper which was slightly larger than his own size and pants which were also slightly bigger. The door opened and Ravi walked in with a glass of water in his hand. He smiled when he saw N looking back at him.

"Morning. How're you feeling?"

"I don't know. How am I supposed to be feeling? I feel like I did something horrible but I can't remember what is it." Ravi shrugged and passed the glass to N who drank it quickly. 

"So... You can't remember what happened last night?" 

"No. Why?" N looked at Ravi with huge, innocent eyes. 

"It's nothing. Just asking."

"How did I get here anyways?"

"You... Uh... Were drunk yesterday. Yeah. Drunk so I brought you back. Luckily we don't have school today or else I don't know what I'll do," Ravi lied. He knew he shouldn't but he had to. He didn't want N to remember that he actually stabbed someone and almost stabbed him too. Who knows what his friend would do after knowing the truth?

"I see... Did you shower me or something?"

"Oh? Of course. You were reeking of alcohol and I couldn't stand it. Come on, let's go grab some breakfast." N agreed and just followed Ravi. 

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

She stabbed the doll. Or half of the doll. Again and again. Up, down, in, out. She screamed in rage. She wasn't mad. No. She was just stressed out. Gone were her parents when she had found out about the doll's power to control humans. She had made them kill each other. Forced to smile. She enjoyed it. Every last bit of blood which dripped from them. It was too bad for her that the doll couldn't hurt anyone without it's other half. Only control. But that alone had already gave her huge satisfaction. Until she became bored again. To school she went. To class she heard. To the bar she followed. She made him drink. She made him take the knife and stabbed another. Now, she sat down at the cafe and watched cautiously as the person she had full control over, ate his breakfast.

"Kill....," a voice whispered harshly from her bag. It was the doll. Pulling it out, she smiled. Although it looked weird with only half of its body but she didn't care. She had sewn it and used it. She looked around for a victim. When she couldn't find anyone interesting, she decided. Why not just kill his own best friend? After all, she did fail in stabbing him yesterday because he had been knocked out cold. A grin etched itself onto her face as she started working the doll's magic. 

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

N had a hard time trying to remember his memories from the previous night. Did he really get himself drunk again? Why couldn't he remember anything this time? And why is Ravi lying to him?! He knew from his friend's awkwardness and all that he was lying but he didn't want to admit it either. 

"Earth to N! Why're you staring at me?" Ravi said and N realized he HAD been staring at Ravi.

"Ah... Sorry. I didn't notice." He forced a smile on his face when Ravi smiled and shook his head,

"Am I too handsome until you couldn't stop yourself from staring?" Ravi joked.

"As if!" N laughed and gave his friend a light punch. Their food arrived and they began wolfing it down as usual. When N was halfway through his food, he felt a similar tug in his chest. He watched as his own hands reached out for his glass of water. He knew he wasn't moving on his own but he couldn't stop it either as he drank all of it's contents.

Ravi knew it was weird. He had been together with N for as long as he can remember and he knew all of his eating habits and such. N wouldn't finish his water in the middle of eating.

After the glass was emptied, he stood up. He wanted to scream for Ravi to move aside but nothing came out. He had no control over his own body anymore. He brought the glass up and was about to smash it into Ravi when a hand gripped his wrist.