The eighth phase of an ending.

Sense of an Ending.

soundtrack for this chapter: Left alone - LED APPLE (NEW YT LINK)

I listened to this song on repeat while writing this... sorry for the overload of angstiness, blame that beautiful song. 

 


01:11:00:03

Minseok yawned loudly when he heard his alarm clock ring loudly through the room. 

He smashed the alarm on snooze, cursing the thing loudly as he looked at the time. 

7AM. 

Why was it already so early. He had slept fora little less than 4 hours, but it seemed more like half an hour. The last time he remembered seeing was 3AM. He had waited for Luhan to come home till 3AM. 

He moved his head to the other side, the side where Luhan always used to sleep. 

And as expected, it was empty.

He breathed in shakingly, trying not to cry. He couldn't cry, it would only weaken his heart. It wouldn't solve a thing. 

He was more than shocked when he heard a knock on the door. 

"Minseok-ah... Are you awake yet?"

Minseok hurriedly stood up, stumbling to the door. He opened the door widely only to see a nervous Luhan standing in front of him. The younger was trying to avoid his gaze, pointing toward the dinner table. 

"I made breakfast."

Minseok smiled bitterly, seeing a mark on Luhan's neck.

He assumed the younger one hadn't known about it, or else he would have hid it for him for sure. 

"Thank you... What time did you come home?"

"J-Just now. M-My friend brought me home."

"Was it fun?" Minseok whispered out of the blue.

"W-What?"

He just shook his head in response, not wanting to hurt himself any further. "So what did you make for breakfast?" He walked past Luhan, ignoring the fact that Luhan wasn't following him, but that the latter was frozen in his place.

"Aah, you made pancakes?" The older one of the two looked toward the hallway, trying to get Luhan's attention. He gained the younger one his attention, as he looked up at him with his confused deer-like eyes. 

"Yes..." Luhan whispered softly, slowly making his way to the dinner table. He set a cup of coffee for both of them and started to eat together with Minseok. The room was filled with silence. It was breaking both of them slowly, but they were to afraid to say something.

Afraid to make the small crack from just now break completely.

Just like their relationship.

One wrong word and everything could break apart.

None of them wanted that, so they decided to rather stay in this painful silence than ending it all.

Minseok stood up and took his and Luhan's plate to the kitchen.

"Wait! I'll do it. You should make ready for work."

He looked hestitatedly at the hand on top of his own. The two had a eye contact for a few seconds before Minseok nodded.

"I'll be making ready then..."

The two stayed in their position for a while, before Minseok finally turned around to make ready for work.

Half an hour later Minseok was fully dressed and ready for work. Luhan stood by the door as he watched Minseok put on his shoes and coat. 

The moment he was ready, Minseok leaned in for a kiss, but his heart broke once again.

Luhan had jolted backwards, surprising both of them. 

Minseok gulped the sorrow down, but without any luck.

Luhan hadn't known what happened, he didn't notice himself flinching away. He was just surpised by the sudden move, nothing more. He moved to Minseok's lips to kiss the latter now, but this time Minseok moved away.

"Don't force yourself... I'm leaving." Minseok whispered before leaving the house.

01:00:57:39

"Minseok-ah..."

"Yes." The said man answered blankly while staring at a blank paper on his work desk. 

His boss sighed and tidied the papers on his desk, putting them on the edge of the desk. 

"You look horrible..." 

Joonmyun only got a sigh in response. 

"Minseok, I'm serious. Go take the day off. We fixed everything yesterday. Take a break for 2 days before the business trip."

"Joonmyun..."

Joonmyun looked up as he finally got some kind of respond.

"Would you rather see the end coming..." Minseok had a pained expression on his face, making Joonmyun worry, not as his boss, but as his friend. He was about to answer, when Minseok continued. "Or would you prefer it to come out of the blue."

The younger one tried to answer once again, but Minseok stood up. 

"You would think the latter is less painful right?"

Minseok sniffed once. 

"You're right, I should go home for today..."

He took his coat and left the office without a single word.

He went straight to home, wanting nothing more than get back into bed and hope it all was just a bad dream.

But the minute he reached his living room and saw Luhan talking with someone on the phone, he knew it wasn't a bad dream at all.

It was reality.

"I'm home."

Luhan let his phone fall.

"M-Minseok- Y-You're home already?"

The first thing Minseok noticed was Luhan's red eyes and runny nose. Luhan had cried just now. 

Was he talking to that person right now?

"Hmm, I am. Your phone." Minseok pointed to the ground.

Luhan took his phone and ended the call, without saying a single thing to the person on the other line.

"Shouldn't you say at least goodbye to the caller?" Minseok chuckled, but Luhan knew there was meant nothing funny about it

"Yeah, I should have right?" Luhan tried to joke about it as well, but it made everything only more uncomfortable.

"Maybe you should call him back or text him! It's rude to suddenly end a call, baby."

 "No! It's okay! He knows-" Luhan bit his lip nervously when he almost spilled something that could ruin things.

"Hmm? What does he know?" Minseok asked, opening the carton of milk, drinking it as he walked toward the living room again. 

"About us..." Luhan looked scared at Minseok.

"Luhan..." Minseok touched Luhan's cheek, sitting down next to him. "What it there to talk about us with others."

"Well, you know..." Luhan closed his eyes in the touch, moving toward the warm hand.

"You shouldn't talk with him about us."

"Wait- How did you know it was a he?" Luhan looked genuinely confused. Did I say something by accident?

"It doesn't matter. I don't want you to talk with him about our issues."

"But I need him."

Minseok looked up now. "What?"

"I mean-"

"Whatever. Then talk with him about us if you, I don't care anymore." Minseok stood up and decided to leave, this was making him even feel sicker than he already felt.

"Yah, Minseok-ah, what do you mean you don't care?!"

"Exactly like i said, if you want to ing talk with him about our, may i repeat, our issues then go your way! I don't care anymore!"

"Wah~, are you being serious here!? As if you cared in the first place?!" Luhan snapped at Minseok, rolling his eyes at the statement. "Don't act like you cared before! If you cared in the first place, then you wouldn't have ing spend all your time with your stupid work and would have showed some care for me! But hey, we can't all ing care about our lovers, right?! At least he cares!"

Those were the last words said, before Luhan rushed their house out, leaving a guilty Minseok behind. 

 

Hours had passed since their fight and since Luhan had left him alone at home. It was late at night already by now, but Minseok couldn't sleep at all. 

"AISH!" He yelled loudly as he clutched onto his head, ruffling his hair roughly out of frustration. 

He knew by then that he really had messed up this time. 

Luhan always came back after a few hours whenever they fought, always.

But this time he didn't come home at all. 

And it hurt that he knew exactly why. 

Luhan was in someone else arm's now. 

Tears flowed along his cheeks as he imagined Luhan with someone else right now. He didn't even try to stop them this time as he sat up and took his knees to his chest, crying loudly as he longed for Luhan, who wasn't completely his anymore.

[END]

 

/cries shamelessly in a corner/ it's so sad T_T

ONE CHAPTER LEFT! THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS <3 I love you all!!!