The fourth phase of an ending.

Sense of an Ending.

05:10:00:03

It was 6AM when Minseok woke up from his sleep. 

He searched for a body next to him, roaming his arm around the left side of the bed, the space where Luhan always slept. His eyes slowly opened when he couldn't find what he was searching for. 

He was met with a white blanket and pillow only. 

There was no sight of his lover. 

Just as he expected.

Minseok decided to get up already, since he had to work early just like any other day.

Too lazy to pull on his shirt, the man left the room in his boxers only. 

As he reached the kitchen, he saw the back of his boyfriend trying hard to make breakfast. He couldn't help but hug the taller man carefully from behind. 

He burried his face in his lover's back.

"Good morning, Minseok-ah." 

Minseok could tell his lover was tired after hearing his voice and the way he gaped afterwards, making Minseok feel guilty that he was the reason for Luhan being so tired. 

Luhan leaned into Minseok's touch affectionally as he closed his eyes.

"Morning Lu."

Minseok greeted, releasing his hold on Luhan.

He took the spatula from Luhan's hand and pushed the boy back softly so that he was standing in front of the stove. 

"Go back to sleep honey, I will finish making my breakfast."

But Luhan being the stubborn him, refused to listen and pulled Minseok away from the saucepan again. 

"No, I'll make your breakfast"

Minseok just sighed in response, being to tired to argue with Luhan so early in the morning. 

"Luhan, you're tired. I told you not to wake up in the morning to make me breakfast anymore."

"And I told you I want to keep doing it."

"Can't you listen to me once? Luhan, go back to bed. Look how tired you are."

"No Minseok, I'm not going."

"Luhan!" 

The shorter, but more mature man exclaimed exhausted.

"Stop being like this, I'm too tired for this."

Luhan shook his head furiously. 

"I won't! Just let me spent the mornings with you at least." 

"But Lu-baby, I know you can't fall asleep easily once you already woke up. And on top of that, you go to bet too late, so you need more sleep."

"I don't care, I'll just try to sleep later. Now let me cook before it burns."

But before Luhan could continue, Minseok had once again taken the spatula without a word.

"Yah! Kim Minseok! Give it back!"

"Lu Han! Why are you so stubborn, goddamit! Just listen to me already!"

Luhan looked at Minseok as if he was about to cry, before he took off his apron, throwing it on the floor angrily. 

"Whatever! I'm going already, now happy?! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME SEE YOU AT LEAST IN THE MORNING?!"

Luhan cried out, yelling his irritation out. 

He walked of toward their room.

"Luhan!"

Minseok followed right away after his lover's words reached him. 

Luhan just wanted to spent time with him and he was being an for taking away the little time they had together. 

He took Luhan's arm, turning him around to face him.

“WHATEVER! I WAS ONLY DOING THIS FOR YOU! CAN’T YOU JUST UNDERSTAND ME ONCE?! I WANT TO SEE YOU AND SPENT TIME WITH YOU! THE MORNINGS ARE THE ONLY TIMES YOU’RE NOT BUSY WITH WORK, YET YOU EVEN TAKE THAT TIME AWAY FROM ME!”

Luhan ran off pissed once again to their shared bedroom, slamming the door shut when he entered the room.

Minseok could hear the lock being locked when he reached the door to follow Luhan.

He knocked the door harsly.

“LUHAN! Open the door! Yah, Luhan! Please!”

Minseok huffed, before letting himself slip against the door. He ignored the burning feeling against his .

After less than 5 minutes the door was already opened.

Minseok fell backwards on the ground.

His eyes met Luhan’s red ones.

Luhan was right above him, looking down on him.

The man slowly lowered himself, since Minseok wasn’t moving at all, just staring at him. He sat on his knees and tried to reach Minseok’s face.

“I’m sorry…” He whispered, before closing the distance between their lips.

The kiss was sweet, even if they were in a weird position.

Minseok held onto Luhan’s cheeks, pulling him down.

“Me too… I should have thought about your feelings. I’m sorry for yelling at you.”

“Tsk, I was the one who yelled at you the most.”

“But I deserved it.”

The both laughed together until they smelt something weird.

“!”

Both stood up quickly, rushing toward their kitchen were they were welcomed by their burned food.

Minseok watched Luhan blankly as the boy was hissing, while putting off the fires and throwing the, now black, food away.

He smiled softly when Luhan looked at him with a sheepish smile.

They made up, but it still didn’t feel alright.

He felt Luhan getting further and further away from him, no matter how close he is.

 

[END]