Awkward (!), (!) and (!)

♂ The Boys ♂

(Kim MiYeon - You)

Chen was brilliant. The semester wasn't over yet, we still had around 1 and a half months to go, but we were practically finished with our project. It perfectly demonstrated the key facts and a scientific statement about each thing. 

"Wow Chen... Thanks. Thanks for this fantastic project," I said.

"Anything for you," he replied. Then it was... Awkward. Just awkward. I felt grateful and confused at the same time and I didn't know how to reply. I smiled lightly but just tried focusing on editing the project.

During lunch, Taeyeon and I had a girl to girl talk. I needed one.

"Taeng... It's so weird. Sudden. And truth be told, I feel so overwhelmed," I said. "EXO? All liking someone as ordinary as me? It's so weird. I'm probably the least rich kid in school. And I'm definitely not the prettiest. Why? Why do they like me?"

"Maybe because you're you," Taeyeon said. "I think you're flawless."

"Aww Taeyeon... Thank you... Thank you so much," I said, hugging her tightly.

"Hi MiYeon," Baekhyun said. I smiled as I saw him, waving. He sat down at the same table as me and Taeyeon with 5 other guys. It was Baekhyun, Tao, D.O, Suho, Xiumin and Chen.

I saw something. The populars and the unpopulars. Not necessarily unpopular but not a kingka. It was so cliche. A big group of boys known as "one", but in reality, they were separated by reality and popularity. Populars, unpopulars. Or in this case, kingkas and not Kingkas.

"Hey Tao," I said, feeling bad to greet the ones who I had crossed off of my list.

Instead of replying, Tao gave me a small nod of acknowledgement but didn't meet my eyes much. Awkward. It was awkward.

He was a mystery, Huang ZiTao, I wanted to know more about him but he made me a little afraid to ask about him. His dark eyes had a y but unclear feeling about them.

After we ate and chatted, we continued our day. I was thankful at the end of the day because for once, cheer leading got cancelled, so I would get to go home. I remembered that I had promised Baekhyun I would walk home with him so I met up with him and we started walking. 

Most of our walk was silent. Silent and... Yes, awkward. We made some small talk but I could tell he was holding back.

As I went home and collapsed on my bed, I found myself crying. I felt awful for crossing out people's names like they were objects, I felt confused about how uncomfortable it felt around friends and I felt flustered about how I would ever choose one of the boys from EXO. 

But the thing I couldn't bear was the awkwardness. I found that word being repeated over and over throughout my day. It just wouldn't work out...

So, I grabbed a pencil and dug in my bag to get my notebook. 

And I had to cross out the 3 boys who I felt awkward with.

That was weird... The first day it was 1, the second day I crossed off 2, and today it was 3.

Who would be Next? Ugh... I didn't want to think about it...