Peridot

As Long As You Love Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I'm here to remind you that you guys will be officially debuted in another three months. It's right around the corner. I need you guys to delete all the social network accounts you guys have ever had, delete all the pictures of yourself from the internet. Clean everything up. If you’re dating with any guy behind my back, dont think I didn’t notice your boyfriend Bella, break up. Love can wait.”

Our manager reminds us in our studio today. Debuting is sure a scary thing to be done. It’s the day you present yourself to the world. The day you will be judged, and the day you’ll be sort, either the fans like you or they hate you. It really just simple as that.

“So we’re releasing teasers of you guys via the internet now. We have to start sorting things that we want each one of you to focus. Lisa and Yoona, obviously you guys will have to dance.” I nod. It’s not like I got a say in things like this.

“From tomorrow on, you’ll be pairing up with a senior. You know, with the appearance of your senior might boost people’s interest for you. I believe you’ve met them, Lay and Kai. Lisa, Kai specifically asked to be paired with you so Lay will have to train with Yoona.” I'm not surprised, I actually see this one coming. What surprised me is that they let him do so. That is somewhat annoying.

I'm trying to sleep when my phone vibrates. I check the message.

From : X

Message : I believe you heard the news.

 

I quickly type him a reply.

 

To : X

Message : Yes I have.

 

From : X

Message : You don't sound happy about it.

 

To : X

Message : Oh trust me, I’m thrilled.

 

From : X

Message : Always so sarcastic.

 

To : X

Message : Why change a habit of a lifetime?

 

From : X

Message : Did you change your feeling towards me, then?

 

I'm stunned. This bastard. How can he just ask about my feeling for him? He left me hanging four years ago. He didn’t even say sorry about it. Honestly, I've been waiting for his apology. It’s been days since we met, but he still acts like he didn't hurt me. I decide to stop replying.

A few minutes LATER, my phone vibrates again, and this time, it’s a call. Not a message. ‘X’ appears on the screen. Why the hell did he think I would talk to him when I didn’t even reply to his message. I decline his call, but that doesn’t stop him from calling again. I can't switch my phone off, I need it to wake me up. However, the vibration that coming from it annoys the hell out of me. After a few calls, I finally pick up.

 

“Wow, you sure are one clingy man,” I mutter as soon as I pick up the phone. I'm pratically trying to speak at the lowest volume to make sure I didn’t wake Yoona.

“You sure know how to make a man cling to you,” came his response. Damn him and his witty comments about everything.

“What do you want?”

“An asnwer.”

“To what?” I feign innocence. 

“You know what.” Kai says.

“No I don’t.”

“You didn’t read the last message I sent or shall I send it again?”

“Don’t bother. You’re not getting your answer.”

“If you don’t, I’m going to bug you about it when we’re practising. I have the whole day tomorrow to do it.”

“Why, Kai?” I ask. There's silence for a while. After a few moments, I finally hear his voice again.

“Say that again.” I'm somewhat surprised at his reply.

“Why?” I repeat myself.

“Not that. My name. Say my name.” I'm taken aback.

“Kai?” I whisper.

“That’s the first time you ever said my name since I saw you in the studio four days ago.” Damn it, how can I do not realize that?

“Do you like it that I use the name you used to call me as my stage name?” He asks. Instant tears just drop. How he managed to do so? I don't know. I'm practically so

Please log in to read the full chapter