Kai

As Long As You Love Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Kai! Faster!” Alissa yells from her room. Kai rushes to get the apple juice that she asks from the fridge in the kitchen.

When he reaches the room, he sees Alissa sitting on the edge of the bed, glaring at him.

“Here you go, my highness.” Kai hands her the glass and she takes it from his hand.

“What is taking you so long?” Alissa asks him. Kai didn’t take that long of course but since it’s Alissa’s 8th month of pregnancy, she is so sensitive about every single thing and every single thing in the house seems to annoys her. Kai is already used to her yelling and sulking and somehow he didn’t find that annoying at all, he likes it in fact.

“I’m sorry, princess.” Kai says and then he turns around to close the door that he left open when he walked in just now. Alissa takes a gulp and then she puts down the glass on the table beside the bed.

“Do you need anything else?” Kai asks when he sees Alissa is done with the apple juice.

“Are you trying to fatten me up?” Alissa throws him a sarcastic remark. She rolls her eyes at him and then tries to lay on her back on the bed. She winces a bit, feeling a slight pain on her backside. Kai runs to her side, helping her to lie down. When she finally places her head on the pillow, she looks up to Kai who is sitting beside her on the bed and then she frowns.

“Have you even showered?” Alissa asks him. Kai raises his eyebrows but answers to her instead.

“Yes, why?”

“You smell bad.” Alissa says. Kai sighs at her and then caresses her cheek.

“Alice, I don’t smell bad. It’s the pregnancy.” Kai talks to her nicely, like he’s talking to some child.

“So you’re blaming my pregnancy for your smell?” Alissa asks again.

“No, that’s not what I meant…what I meant is-wait, no, you know what? Forget it, I’m sorry, okay? When I shower later I’ll make sure I’ll put enough soap to make the smell go away.”  Kai tries to console her. Alissa then sees how Kai’s eyes drop, like he’s actually very tired of arguing with her. Of course Alissa realizes how cold of a she have turned into this lately. It’s just that she can not help it. The pregnancy is wearing her out and she feels sore all the time she cannot contains her annoyance. She’s not actually annoyed with Kai or what he do, she’s actually annoyed at the pain she’s going through.

“No, I’m sorry for being a spoiled brat.” Alissa finally says. Kai smiles upon hearing this.

“My spoiled brat. It’s okay, I don’t mind.” Kai says and then he bents down to kiss her neck. Alissa have to actually compromise the smell that she loathes coming from Kai’s body for the sake of having Kai kissing her, because honestly, she wants this too. She let him ravish her neck for a few good seconds then she puts her hand on his chest and slowly pushes him away.

“That’s it, I’m not kidding about the smell, tho.” Alissa says. Kai chuckles and he kisses her forehead real quick.

“Alright, do you want me to massage your foot?” Kai asks.

“No, last time you massage my foot, I ended up laughing my head off because you were tickling it.” Alissa sternly answers.

“I wont do it again, I promise.” Kai says and then he kisses her forehead again. Alissa pouts and then she squints her eyes at Kai, trying to make sure he wont lie.
“Fine.” She finally says. Kai smirks and then he goes straight to the end of the bed, kneeling on the ground and then he takes hold of both of her feet. He works his way up her leg slowly, trying to make sure he helps in reducing the pain she’s feeling because Kai knows it’s not easy to carry a baby around. Her feet must have sore a lot and Kai feels bad because of it. After few minutes, she looks relaxed and is breathing steadily. That’s when Kai smirks.

“You feel good, Alice?” Kai asks, Alissa nods.

“Well, this will make you feel better.” Kai replies and there he goes again, breaking his promises and tickles her soles. She squeaks at first and then tries to escape from Kai’s hand but then again, Kai always have his way on getting things act according to his favor. Alissa gives up struggling her way out and finally she starts laughing, giggling like a teenage girl.

 

 

***********************

Kai

 

When she starts grabbing my arm that night when I’m sleeping, I panic. I open my eyes straight away and I find Alice is wincing in pain beside me. She hold her stomach and I hear a few sobs. I hastily switch on the bedside lamp and that’s when I finally get a clearer view of her.

 

A woman I love, is in pain.

 

Taec is driving furiously. All that I can remember is I’m sitting at the back, holding Alice who is clearly struggling with pain. Her mom is frantic, sitting at the front, beside Taec. Mrs.Park will constantly turns to check Alice who is sitting beside me at the back but there’s nothing much she can do rather than to console Alice down and ask her to be patient. Alice is screaming, ‘pain’ and ‘hurt’ is all I can hear from . She’s yelling, shouting in the car and all I do is hold her down and ask her to bear with it. And tell her constantly that I love her. At some point she would slap my arm, indicating how great of a pain she’s in, and my heart ache every single second at this sight of hers. If only we can trade places. I’ll take all the pain in the world, I’ll be her.

 

When we reach the hospital I feel dizziness is taking over me. I feel like I could collapse in any time but I keep my hold around Alice’s wrist, refusing to let her go. When we get in front of the labor room, the doctor and nurses run to us, taking Alice away from me. And I swear, at that moment I am praying to God, that she’ll be okay. And that, is the hardest pray I’ve ever make in my entire life.

 

 

Alissa

 

When I finally draw back to reality I feel numb all over my body. It must have been the sedative. All that I remember is me in the labor room, feeling pain spreading all over my body. And the last thing I heard is the doctor saying that I’ll have to undergo scissor. After that, it’s all blank for me.

 

I slowly open my eyes, only to squint it again after a bunch of light come penetrating my cornea. I have to take few seconds to adjust to the light. Despite the numbness that is consuming my whole body, I feel a warm heat around my right hand. I fight the dizziness that is bugging my head and try my best to open my eyes now, only to find a head of a man sleeping at the edge of my bed, holding my hand.

 

A head of man I love, sleeping.

 

I try to move my fingers and right at that instant, Kai’s head shoot up. He looks at me with his widen adorable eyes. I smile weakly at him, and then he stands up from the chair, to hug me.


“Oh God, you’re awake. You’re finally awake.” He whispers in my ear. I smile even widen. And then I put left hand on his back, caressing his fine back. He pulls away from the hug takes my face into his two hands. He looks at me earnestly, and then he drops a tear. I wipe the with my thumb and smile at him.

 

“It’s okay, I’m here n

Please log in to read the full chapter