Quartz

As Long As You Love Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“ the engagement, Lisa's pregnant, you idiot!” Taemin yells. Kai swears his head is going dizzy at that moment he’s not sure if he hears that correct or he is just imagining things. He widens his eyes but remains silence. Taemin is not angry. No, when somebody spill water on your shirt or bump into you then left without saying sorry, you’re angry. This is not even close to that. This is a whole new level of madness. Alissa’s pregnant and Kai announced his engagement, Taemin isnt angry, Taemin is furious, fuming with the needs to kill Kai right at this moment.

“Are you deaf, Jong In?!” Teamin shakes his collar. Suho then bursts into the room and look at them both.

“What the hell, Taemin!” Suho pulls Taemin away from Kai. Kai remains in his position, eyes fixed on the floor.

“You heard me, now it’s up to you. Don’t be a coward.” Taemin spits his words out in disgust. Suho didn’t ask, he don’t have to. He’s pretty sure this is about Alissa. Taemin then takes a last glare at him, turns his head and walks away.

Suho sighs, he have prevented all the boys from coming into the room earlier.

“I heard you talk about her on the phone last night.” Kai finally says something to Suho. Suho’s eyes shoot straight at him now.

“Is that why you decides to announce your engagement now? Because you know she’s here?” Suho asks. Suho is hoping he would say no, because if he say yes then it means he did intentionally hurt her.

“Yes.” Kai’s voice croaks.

“Why?” Suho asks again.

“I need to keep her away.” Kai replies.

“That is a mistake, Kai. We can never keep the one we love away.” Suho replies then he take a steps towards Kai, put his hand on his shoulder then he grabs it, telling him he need to fix this.

 

*******************************

Flashback

Taemin is watching the interview. After Jong Hyun told him this morning he saw Alissa and Kris in the airport when he landed from Thailand, Taemin have called somebody to track Alissa’s whereabout. He now knows where’s she staying and he knows she is with Kris. It doesn’t take an idiot to know Alissa is here for Kai. Something must have happened, he thought. So here he is, on a couch, watching the EXO interview and it doesn’t take long before he jumps out of the coach. That is when Kai announce he is engange. Taemin then picks his car key and then rushes to Alissa’s hotel in few minutes.

When Alissa opens her door, she is expecting Kris but instead she sees someone a little shorter than Kris. Someone whose face Alissa havent seen in a while.

“Taemin.” Alissa whispers. Taemin notices her eyes and in an instant he realizes she’s been crying. Her cheeks are red and she’s holding a tissue on one of her hand. Taemin’s heart ache for this girl standing in front of him. He didn’t give up on her easily just to see her gets her heart broken.

He somehow regrets the day he decided to give up on Alissa. No, she wasn’t even his in the first place, she have always been Kai’s, Jong In’s. The only girl Kai ever talked about to Taemin is Alissa and tho Kai always says he left her because he’s securing a better future for both of them, Taemin knows there’s something more behind that. Securing better future for both of them doesn’t mean he have to leave her and become an idol, no, he’s isnt securing a better future for them, he’s securing a better future for her. Kai have always thought he’s a damage kid and by staying with her, he’s afraid he’ll damage her too. But Taemin never says that out loud to Kai, of course no matter how strong his doubts are.

But seeing how weak Alissa is infront of him now, Taemin couldn’t help but to feel like running to Kai now and kick his .

“Alissa.” Taemin says softly. Taemin is savouring every syllabus of her name when he pronounces it, for that would be the first time he ever call her again after a month not seeing her.

“How do you know I’m here?” Alissa asks.

“Lisa, are you okay?” Taemin asks and then he is mentally slapping himself. Of course she’s not okay you . Even a child can tell that she’s been crying her heart out, that she saw the interview, that her life have been ruined. Alissa didn’t reply not because she is too hurt, Alissa then turn abruptly and then make a run to the bathroom. She feels a slump in running to get out through . She runs to the toilet bowl, sinks her head lower and then throws up.

Taemin runs behind her, follows her all the way to the bathroom. He helps hold her hair to the side, and pats her back.

“My medication, it’s on the desk, please.” She pleads, still panting.

“Alright.” Taemin then runs to the desk outside of the bathroom and runs hi

Please log in to read the full chapter