Moissanite

As Long As You Love Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kris wakes up that day with a knock on his door. He spent the night before googling the picture of him in the internet when he was with EXO. He swears his heart was beating like a drum last night when he saw Kai’s picture. Because Kai is the man that he saw in his dream, and Kai is the same man that his picture Alissa carries in her wallet. It’s him. It’s this Kai.

“Kris, breakfast ready.” Her mom calls from the outside.

“Coming.” Kris replies while squinting his eyes, trying to adjust to the light the sun provides from the window of his room.

Kris know he have to talk to Alissa, so after breakfast, he tells his hom he’s going out but he didn’t tell her where. It doesn’t take a genius to guess that Kris is out seeing Alissa, because she is the only one Kris knows now, and because Kris’ mom knows, that now, it’s too late to stop Kris from seeing her, for he have fallen for her, she sees it. Because they way Kris looks at Alissa, is the way how her husband looks at her when he started falling in love with her.

Kris knows what time Alissa finishes her classes on Wednesday, so he didn’t have to worry fot not being able to see her when he reaches her house. He knocks the door, and found Mrs.Park opening it.

“Hi Mrs.Park.” Kris smiles.

“Kris! What a pleasant surprise.” Mrs.Park answers with the biggest grin.

“I’m here to see Lisa, is she here?” He asks.

“Of course she is. She’s upstairs. Come in.” Mrs. Park invites him.

 

“Lisa.” Kris says when he walks into the room. Alissa didn’t seem to notice the door creaks open, she’s reading a thick book and by the look of it, Kris knows it’s a law book. How can anybody survives reading that thick of a book, he doesn’t know.

“Kris.” Alissa put down her book on the table and smiles at him. Since the accident, Kris only knows three women in his life that is his mom, Mrs.Park and Alissa so he didn’t really get to see any other woman smiling at him, he’s not sure if it is short of number of woman he knows, or if Alissa is really good at smiling, but her smile is one of the favorite thing in the world for him now. 

“Come in.” Alissa invites him, he comes in and Alissa gives him signal he should sit on her bed, because there’s no couch in Alissa’s room and the only chair in the room have been sat by Alissa, which is the chair for her study desk.

“I came to talk to you about something.” Kris says as soon as he sits.

“And this something have made you very desperate.” Alissa says.

“Yes, how do you know?” Kris asks.

“You didn’t ask me how am I, am I busy, is it okay for you talk to me while I’m reading, are you disturbing me. You’re not usually like this. You used to be more…..considerate.” Alissa raises her eyebrow. “Spill the beans, Wu.” She says.

“You lied to me.” Kris says. Alissa of course is taken aback by this. She blinks her eyes once, trying to go through her mind what is he talking about. When he sees her blank reaction, he sighs. Feeling disappointed, so Alissa didn’t even remember what she lied to him about. Does Alissa think of him so little all this while?

“Kai.” Kris says, at the name of Kai, Alissa widens her eyes.

“When I asked you who else calls you Alice and you said Kai, I asked you if it’s Kai from my group, you said no.” Kris says. Alissa then sighs.

“It doesn’t matter, it’s not like you know him. Wait, it’s not like you remember him.” Alissa replies, she feels annoyed. She feels annoyed that she have to answer this to Kris. Kai might have been the best thing that have ever happened in her life, but now with their relationship hanging like this, it’s not very pleasant to be talking about him.

“And why would you care?” Alissa asks again. Then it hits Kris, exactly, why would he cares? He’s no one. But then he realizes, he doesn’t care, he’s just hurt. He’s hurt because she lied to him, and he’s hurt because he knows whatever the reason behind Alissa’s pain is this guy he knows in the past. It hurt him he didn’t remember anything about this Kai. It hurt because he thought Alissa trusts him.

“I don’t know what to conclude, Lisa. He’s the man you loves so much, and he’s the father of your child. I see him every single night in my dream, I don’t know what the hell is happening but it seems like memory is trying to tell me something. It’s confusing!” Kris sounds like he’s about to cry, then he puts his face against his palms, trying to hold back a tear. Alissa didn’t say anything. Kris thought because he lost his memory so he’s confused, but Alissa didn’t lost her memory and still is confused as hell. Alissa don’t have the answer to what Kris is looking, for she is now still looking for an asnwer of her own. 

“I don’t know, Kris. I don’t know why you sees him every single night in your dream, but I guess that’s not weird, he’s your friend. You used to share the same room with him. Maybe he was your closest friend so maybe that’s why you dreamt about him, not the other member.” Alissa says. Kris stays in silence for few seconds but Alissa feels like eternity. Kris clear his throat, then he looks up at her.

“Let’s go back to Korea, Lisa. L

Please log in to read the full chapter