Fuchsia

As Long As You Love Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Kim Jong In, let’s get married.” Alissa finally says.

Kai has to blink his eyes for few times, still trying to figure out if he’s in reality. He’s sure it’s the reality though, the warmth from Alissa’s body feels so real and he can almost feel her skin on his bare palm. But the thing Alissa said didn’t make any sense. She’s asking him to marry her? When she is well aware of his condition? When she knows she’s probably going to spend the half of her life without him? Alissa is not surprised seeing how shock Kai is, she knows he will react this way.

“Kai” Alissa whispers, trying to get him to reply to her. Kai closes his eyes in defeat, knowing that he’ll fall under her spell, knowing he’ll do whatever she asks him to. But what she is asking now is too much, Kai doesn’t want to be so selfish marrying her while he know he’s not gonna stay around for long.

“Alice, I don’t have long.” Kai says, still closing his eyes. Alissa then cups his face with her hand.

“I know, and I don’t care.” Alissa tells him. Kai holds Alissa’s wrist and then he drops a tear.

“I’ll die.” Kai slowly speaks.

“Die as my husband, then.” Alissa says. Another tear escape from Kai’s eye. They stay in silence for few seconds. Kai then lean in to kiss her. Alissa can feel the tear streaming down her cheek but it is not hers, it’s Kai. She wipes that tear off his cheek and replies his kiss.  “Okay” Kai replies in between kisses.

 

*******************

 

The next morning when Alissa wakes up Kai is not on the bed anymore. Alissa sighs and then she scans the room, no sign of Kai as well. Then, she hears voices from downstair and from the sound of it, she knows whoever speaking are quarelling. Alissa abruptly get off the bed and then she runs downstairs. There she sees them, Kai, his mom and Soo Man.

When they realizes her presence they all turn to look at her. Kai then sighs and stands up, walks to her and snatch her wrist. The next thing Alissa knows is that she is being dragged by Kai back to his room.

 

“What was that about?” Alissa asks when Kai slams the door.

“Soo Man.” Kai replies.

“I know, I’m not blind.” Alissa replies. It is early in the morning and she ‘s having mood swing, Kai’s dragging her, leaving mark on her wrist is totally adding up to it. Kai senses her mood is off then he suddenly feels sorry for dragging her all the way back to his room. But it’s not like he has any other option, he was furious just now with Soo Man appearing at his house.

“He came to make sure that I will still attend my therapy despite now I know why SM is paying for it.” Kai tells Alissa clearly because he didn’t want her to throw anymore tantrum at him.

“Then what did you say?” Alissa asks.

“Of course I said no.” Kai replies.

“Are you crazy?” Alissa widens her eyes.

“No I’m not crazy, I just don’t want to receive anything from him!” Kai replies, slightly raising his voice at her.

“Oh right, I forgot about your ego.” Alissa rolls her eyes. Damn it, she really in a bad mood, Kai think.

“Alice, don’t be the pain in the . You know why I cant receive anymore help from him.” Kai replies as nice as he can.

“I’m sorry for being the pain in the because I want you to be around longer, then!” Alissa yells and then she storms to the bathroom. Leaving Kai dumbfounded there. She slams the door of the bathroom and Kai flinches at how mad she really is.

 

Alissa is right, Kai thinks. He should’ve just throw all of his ego away and accept the help from Soo Man. Not for the sake of accepting him as his father, but for the sake of staying around longer for Alissa and the baby. Kai closes his eyes, realizing all Alissa wants is him and then his heart ache, for he exactly want the same thing. To be with her, to be what she wants him to be.

 

Alissa falls to the floor, she’s leaning against the door and she hugs her knees. After a while in the bathroom Alissa realizes how stupid she was. She was so selfish of wanting to have Kai around longer that she forget Kai also has his pride. He can not just accept the help from a man that practically tore his family apart, Kai is so much more than that. She cries because she realizes how mean she was, and then she hears the knock on the door.

“Alice” Kai calls for her. Alissa didn’t want to reply, she feels hopelessly stupid.

“Alissa, I’m sorry. I’ll do it, I’ll go to the treatment. Please, just open the door.” Kai pleads. Alissa widens her eyes upon hearing this, then she abruptly stands up and opens the door.

“No, you don’t have to!” Alissa says. Kai also widens his eyes at her words. Isnt this what she wanted a few minutes ago? Woman and their mood swing, Kai thinks.

“I’m sorry I was being selfish. I shouldn’t question your decision.” Alissa says, looking at Kai with her teary eyes.

“No, I’m sorry. You’re right, I was being egoistic, I didn’t think. I’m was so busy thinking of my pride for receiving help from him until I forgot that I’m needed here. By you, by the baby.” Kai replies softly and then he hugs her. Alissa sobs against his chest.

“Did Soo Man apologize to you, Kai?” Alissa asks.

“Yes, he aplogized few times this morning.” Kai replies.

“What did he said?” Alissa asks again, curiousity.

“He said he’s sorry for being a coward, for not claiming me when I was born, for not being there when I grew up, for breaking my family apart.” Kai says.

Please log in to read the full chapter