Marcasite

As Long As You Love Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mrs Wu and Mrs Park is a good a friend. Being the only chinese in the neighbourhood have certainly a good reason why they are so close. Kris’ uncle that died yesterday is Mrs Wu’s younger brother. He lived with them in the house. That night, Alissa’s mom insists to go to the Wu’s residence to send them some food to eat for dinner, knowing it will be impossible for Mrs Wu to cook for the family now that her brother is gone.

 

“Hello Vivian.” Mrs Park hug Mrs Wu when she opens the door. Alissa then bow to her, then they enter the house.

“I brought you something to eat.” Mrs Park says. Vivian thanks her then takes the food she brought to the kitchen.

“This is my daughter, Alissa.” Mrs Park says when they are in the kitchen. There are sorrow in the house, Alissa can feel it.

“Hello Alissa, it’s nice to meet you.” Vivian shakes hand with her. She smiles at Alissa, but Alissa knows her heart is wounded, Alissa knows, because that’s how fake her smile can get since she left Kai yesterday.

“Aunty, pleasure is all mine. I’m sorry for your loss.” Alissa says politely.

“Thank you. Your mom told me u’re trainee in Kris’ company.” Vivian says.

“Yes I am, or at least I was.” Alissa replies. Vivian raises her eyebrow. “It’s a long story.” Mrs Park tells Vivian.

“Have you met Kris before?” Vivian asks.

“Yeah I have, I shoot one commercial with him before.” Alissa replies.

“Ahh, then both of you are friends.” Vivian says.

“Yeah, you can put it that way.” Alissa mumbles.

“Kris is having the biggest shock, he was very close with his uncle.” Vivian says. “He refuse to get out from his room since the funeral this morning. He didn’t eat anything for today.” Vivian continues as she pours the Bolognese soup Mrs Park brought into a bowl.

“Where’s Chun Fai?” Mrs Park asks, then almost an instant, Alissa knows Chun Fai is Vivian’s husband, Kris’ father.

“He’s out settling some stuff regarding my late brother.” Vivian answers. When she’s done putting the spaghetti and the soup on the table, she looks at Alissa.

“Alissa, do you mind getting Kris for me? If I go he might refuse, but if you go, he might think its impolite to say no.” Vivian says. Alissa hesitates at first, she didn’t know Kris that close but she nods after all. “His room is the first you’ll see when you get upstairs.” Vivian tells Alissa.

 

What surprise Alissa is that Kris didn’t lock his door. She twists the knob and then opens the door in front of her. She sees Kris’ back inside the room, sitting on the bed.

“If you come to ask me for dinner, I’m not hungry, mom.” Kris says when he hears the door creaks open.

“Your mom told me you didn’t eat anything for today.” Alissa says and Kris turns around really quickly, surprise to hear the voice doesn’t belong to his mom’s.

“Lisa, what are you doing here?” Kris says as he stands up.

“Your mom sent me to get you. She think it’s impolite for you to say no.” Alissa speaks. Kris hesitates for a while, then he looks at Alissa again.

“What’s for dinner?” He asks.

“Come down and see it for yourself.” Alissa says then she walks away.

At the dining table Kris sits beside his mom and Alissa sits beside her mom in front of them. Kris and Alissa didn’t talk a lot, Mrs Park and Mrs Wu did all the conversations. When they finish eating, Alissa helps Vivian to do all the dish, Kris bows to Mrs Park and then he goes sraight to his room. Kris’ dad comes home after a while then they bid their goodbye to Mr and Mrs Wu.

.........................

The next morning, Alissa wakes up a little late than usual. She was having a bad dream but she rather not talk about it to anyone. Well, it’s not like she have anybody to talk about it to. She is getting dressed when her mom barges into her room.


“Alice, can you drive?!” Her mom asks hastily.

“Yeah why?” Alissa replies.

“We need to take Mrs Wu to the hospital, Kris got into an accident this morning.”

“.”Alissa mumbles.

Taec is not at home that morning, he have gone to work. So Alissa drives her brother’s another car, a black Audi, picks Mrs.Wu up at her residence and then drives both her mom and Vivian to the hospital. Mr Wu apparently have gone to work too so that explains Mrs Wu have nobody to send her to the hospital. With Mrs Park’s guidance, they arrive in the hospital, ask the nurse about Kris Wu and then they are lead into a room.

Please log in to read the full chapter