A Clue

Ghost Love

 

Chapter 4: A Clue

 

 

[Jay]

 

“Jay?” I heard Nichkhun's voice outside my room. I got out of my bed and headed for the door; I opened the door and saw him holding an ice-pack. He handed it to me and he walked in the room. He lay by the bed and stared at me.

 

“I saw you come in before” he started.

 

“Thanks. I didn't want to wake them up so I went straight here” I replied and sat by the bed.

 

“What happened?”

 

“Do you remember that girl, Minhae?”

 

“Is it the girl that works with Lysel? The really pretty one, and have a really cute smile?  The girl who has a jackass boyfriend?” he answered without pausing. Nichkhun have always found Minhae attractive, the only problem about that girl is; she rejects Nick, first one to ever reject Nichkhun.

 

“Yeah her, well I was walking by the alley way near the park and I heard a girl screaming so I went over and you know saved the day. There were 3 guys and they were like as big as Taecyeon, I was saved by the siren of the police cars and then I realised the girl was Minhae, lucky I got there fast, she was running out of voice and she was really shaken up when I saw her” I replied.

 

“You took big hits huh?”

 

“Are you kidding me? Two of them can't punch for but the other one almost knocked me out” I said and he started laughing.

 

“Why must you always get into fights because of girls?” he asked rhetorically.

 

“You should go to bed, we have a lot of work tomorrow” I said and shooed Nichkhun away. He pouted his lip when he was standing by the door; I just smiled and slammed the door on him.

 

I lay down on my bed and stared at the empty ceiling. All I could see was blankness, sort of reminds me of my mind. I replayed the events that happened tonight, well besides the part where I took my stalker home. I save two girls today; I also got beaten up twice for it. I sighed to myself and walked towards the window. I stood there watching the stars hover over the whole world, what a beautiful night. I walked back to my bed and waited 'till everything else is black.

 

. . . . .

 

“JAY PARK!” I was awakened by the scream of my best friend. I quickly got up from my bed and headed for the door, I was rushing too much that I forgot to open the door while I head out. I bang my head against the door and to make it worst Lysel opened the door while I was still standing there. She opened the door too hard that I landed on my . She looked at me shocked and quickly picked me off the ground.

 

 

“I'm sorry I didn't know you were behind the door” she said quickly. I got up from the floor and sat on my bed.

 

“What were you doing behind the door anyway?”

 

“I heard you yelling and I was going to go out but then I forgot to open the door because I was rushing and then I hit my head against the door and then you came in like a psycho, banging the door on my head once again” I replied as she examines my forehead.

 

“Great you have a lump, I'll be back” she answered and walked outside.

 

This is a really great way to start a day aye? If I'm starting with accidents I'm sure the day will end with accidents. Jeez, I do have a lump. I touched the left side of my forehead trying to lessen the pain from the bang. Lysel came in with an ice-pack; she walked over to my side, knelt in front of me and placed the ice-pack on my forehead. My mouth wasn't doing that well, I felt like a lot of teeth was pulled out of my mouth.

 

“What is the matter with you? I take my eyes off you for like 2 seconds and you go around sending boys to hospital” she said angrily. I rolled my eyes and ignored her; I wasn't up for another fight with her... To be honest I wasn't up for any fights today, I'm sure when I walk out of this room Taecyeon will be waiting for me at the kitchen table ready to lecture me once again, he make it seem like he's older than me. Lysel pressed the ice-pack harder when she knew I wasn't listening to what she was saying at all.

 

“OUCH! That hurts you know” I complained.

 

“It's a little lump. Look at those bruises on your lips, make-up won't even cover that up” she said.

 

“To be honest, I haven't really seen myself in the mirror.” I replied and with that reply she pressed the ice-pack more.

 

“Alright, jeez, why are you so angry anyway?”

 

“You could have gotten yourself killed. Damn it Jay, twice in one night.”

 

“What did you want me to do? Leave your friend there and let her die?” I replied but he looked at me confused.

 

“Minhae?”

 

“What about her?”

 

“She was the second girl I saved last night, didn't you know?”

 

“No, Junho called me this morning saying you had a fight last night but he didn't tell me that it was Minhae”

 

“I didn't tell Junho” I said. She let go of the ice-pack and took her phone out and in less than minutes she was off the phone. She looked at me and pointed her finger at me.

 

“We are not done Park Jaebeom, I'll be back for you” she said coldly. I nodded my head and smiled faintly. She stopped by the door and tilted her head my way, she smiled then sighed.

 

“In the meantime, try and stay out of trouble for me” she ended and shut the door. Two seconds later, Taecyeon entered the room with a tray of food... Part 2 here we go.

 

= . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = .

 

[Soomi]

 

I scanned the not so empty room of mine. My MAC was still there, untouched. My bed still the same as I left it that day, my shelves full of books still arranged alphabetically, the music albums that took me a lifetime to collect was on the other side of the room, this is home for me. I heard the door creaked and I quickly floated on my bed, though I know people can't see me but they can feel me.

 

I saw my sister Ellie walking in carrying a box. She headed for my closet and placed it on the top shelf and she walked out again. As soon as the door closed I headed for the closet, I tried pulling the box off the shelf but I couldn't, of course I couldn't I saw a soul. I got so irritated because I didn't know what was inside that box.

 

“Psst” I heard someone called. I looked out the window and saw Fate smiling at me. What the hell is she doing here? I headed for the roof and she was there.

 

“You lost?” I asked sarcastically and she laughed.

 

“No, I'm just checking up on you. I believe today is your third day? Any luck?” I shook my head and she patted my back.

 

“I've tried you know but nothing is coming in. Fate I have a question for you”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Is it possible for humans to see us?” I asked straightforwardly. She turned her head to me and laughed.

 

“Of course not” she replied.

 

“Then how come someone can see me?”

 

She looked at me bewildered, if I was her I would be too.

 

“How do you mean?”

 

“Do you remember Jay Park?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“He can see and talk me” I said.

 

“Oh boy!” she answered.

 

“Why?”

 

“Okay I'm not supposed to be blabbing this out to anyone with a lower status than I am but I heard about this before. Apparently only those that played the biggest part of your life can see or hear you, that's why I always avoid seeing my husband” she said.

 

I was confused; Jay didn't really play a big part of my life. I mean he was my idol and all and I looked up to him and stuff like that but we never really communicated before and I've only seen him twice in my whole entire life.

 

“But it doesn't make sense, my sister played a big part of my life and I was at the office the other and she was there but she didn't see me at all”

 

“Really?” she said shocked. I nodded my head and she just looked as confused as me.

 

“Maybe it was just a rumour. I really am sorry I can't help you but I'll ask Eunmi about it maybe she knows” Fate replied. Then I remembered the box that my sister took inside my room, I couldn't see through them but Fate can.

 

“I have a favour to ask, follow me” I said as I go through the roof. I gracefully floated to my closet and stood in front of the box.

 

“I need to see what's in here”

 

“Okay?”

 

“Curiosity killed a cat before, Soomi” she joked.

 

“Well we wouldn't die anymore, would we?”

 

 

“True” she said and then she focused on the box. She stared at it for like 5 minutes tops, was it that hard to see through them?

 

“Letters and dead flowers” she said and looked at me. I chuckled a little and waited for her to tell me what was inside the box... then I realised that letters and dead flowers were inside the box.

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“Yeah I am. It's a lot of them”

 

“Who is it from?”

 

“I don't know, it doesn't say but they are addressed to you” she continued.

 

“Maybe this is a clue!” I said happily.

 

“A clue, maybe?”

 

“Whoever have been sending me these, might know something about what happened to me that day. I have to find this mysterious sender; I need to know who he or she is. Fate, please ask Eunmi to extend my stay, I have to stay here for more than a month” I begged.

 

“I'm sorry Soomi but I can't do that, Eunmi decided and that's all she can give you. You're free to go back and tell her about this clue of yours but I can't help you otherwise”

 

“I have to go” she said an in a micro second she was gone.

 

I wish I knew who sent those letters so I know where to start looking... God please give me another clue.