Kim Eunhee

Ghost Love

 

[Jay]

 

“Is everything okay?” she asked when I suddenly dozed off on her. I shook my head a little and continued GOOGLING random things. She sat by my side quietly as I do my thing. Though I don't see Soomi as the girl in photos, magazines and commercial, somehow my heart recognizes her. Do I really connect with her that much?

 

“What time do you think the boys would come?” she asked.

 

“Late, why?”

 

“I have a favour to ask” she said.

 

“Shoot”

 

“Visit my sister” she replied. I looked at her with a shocked face, she replied with a serious face. She did not just ask me to meet up with her sister?

 

“No” I said quickly.

 

“Why not?”

 

“I just can't visit her” I replied.

 

“You're the one” she said.

 

“What one?”

 

“The one she was in love with when she was in college and she's the girl who left you and won't be coming back to you, am I right?” she asked. I guess Ellie did tell her. I continued GOOGLING pretending not to hear what she was asking. I felt her staring at me but I ignored it. She didn't continue to ask but somehow my insides were telling me to answer her question.

 

“Yeah, how did you figure out?” I asked and she chuckled a little.

 

“Ummm, after I visited the rooms of the boys I went back to yours and I saw this thing so familiar stuck on your closet door. It's the drawing my sister worked on for 1 week trying to make it perfect and it turned out great, the burning heart with the letter “J” written in the middle of the heart. I watched her finish that drawing with the biggest smile on her face, she almost cried too. It was cute because never in her life did she fall in love with someone. I asked her why she drew that and you know what she said?” she explained.

 

“The letter “J” will always be tattooed in my burning heart” I replied. When Ellie gave me that present, she also gave me a letter along with it; letting me know what it meant. I keep it to remind myself that once upon a time a person cared for. I guess at some point in our lives we need people to tell us that everything is going to be just fine and that they will be there for us when everything else doesn't make sense.

 

“She never showed me any picture of you nor took me to her college to meet you. She was afraid of our parents; she left you because she had no choice. I asked her to follow her heart and she said, “Yeah where? All the way to Korea?” She was so upset with herself, she knew that one day you were going to disappear yet she held onto you and when it was time to let go, she did. Trust me she wanted to come back to you, she was ready to disown my parents for you but she couldn't leave me behind so if you need someone to blame – blame me. I was the reason why she didn't come back” she continued.

 

Ellie chose her family over me; I would have done the same. I knew she didn't want to introduce me to her parents because of the standards they have and to be honest I wasn't good enough. I was ordinary back then; my family would live day by day depending on each other. A foul mouthed kid who grew up in the real world with a rich and well educated lady doesn't really sound good to the eyes of those in the higher class. She tried protecting me from it all and I thank her for that but when she became too busy protecting me emotionally she sort of forgot to guard my heart. She ripped it away and I managed to create a new one for the next one to come but I didn't know that it would be Soomi.

 

With Soomi I feel like I could connect to her more, like she knew me deep inside (ignore the fact that she can see through me) but yes I felt like she knew a lot of things about me. I could easily open up to her with hesitation yet with confidence. She stayed quiet then the front door opened. I quickly shut my laptop off and Soomi froze next to me, she stared at me and I just smiled at her; I didn't know what to do.

 

“Hey” Lysel greeted. I gave her the nod and she headed my way.

 

“Why are you back?” I asked.

 

“Nothing to do at the office and there's something I needed to talk to you about” she said sitting where Soomi was, Soomi moved away quickly so Lysel wouldn't feel her presence.

 

“What? Your sudden relationship with Junho?” I teased. She released a faint smile and sighed.

 

“She's back in Korea” she said.

 

“What?! Since when?”

 

“Yesterday I think. I was driving pass the Heo's house and I saw her standing there” she continued. I could hear Soomie asking who was standing in front of her house yesterday and what they were doing there.

 

“You mean to say Kim Eunhee is back?” I asked stating the obvious so Soomi could hear.

 

= . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = .

 

[Soomi]

 

What? That was Eunhee standing by my house the other day? What the hell is my cousin doing back in Korea? And how the hell is she linked to Jay or 2PM or Lysel?

 

Eunhee was older than me by year so she's almost my sisters’ age I think? : S We are not close, Eunhee and I. She was always up for clubbing, getting drunk and all those things; I wasn't into that whole scene. Instead of dragging me to night clubs, she would always drag my sister. Ellie would come to just be there in case something happens to Eunhee. I hated the little freak; she's such a trouble maker. I wish she just stayed in Australia, why does she have to come back?

 

“Yes her, why do you have to mention her name?” Lysel said sadly. I felt sorry for the girl there was so much question in her head, there was so much doubt in her heart and she hates my cousin too. Beautiful, I think me and her could be bestfriend too.

 

“Does Junho know?” Jay asked.

 

Junho? What is Eunhee to Junho? Could it be...?

 

“No, as if I'm going to tell him that his ex-girlfriend is back”

 

OH! THAT . So Junho is the guy she left for another guy, seriously I wish I can pull her hair right now. Such a , gold digger I tell you. I felt anger materializing in me but then it died down when I felt Jay's hand on mine. I was sitting on the couch now, I wasn't sure if he misplaced it or he is actually holding my hand.

 

“It's going to be alright” he said. Was he talking to me or to Lysel?

 

Lysel then came closer to Jay and laid her head on his chest. Jay didn't take his hand off mine; he was somehow stopping the anger inside of me. Lysel on the other hand couldn't stop worrying about what was going to happen to her and Junho now that my evil cousin is back.

 

“Why don't you stay here and I'll buy something for us to cook okay?” Jay said and Lysel nodded her head.

 

. . . . . 

 

“Sorry to hear that my evil cousin is back” I started.

 

“Eunhee's your cousin?”

 

“Yeah but I never claimed her until now” I said bitterly and Jay laughed. Why must he always laugh when I'm angry?

 

“Guess you're more connected to us than you think, huh?”

 

“Yeah I guess. Who would have thought that a lot of the people I know were already part of past and maybe the future” I said. I really couldn't get over the fact that Jay, my Jay is also the Jay my sister went crazy for. It's really not fair how the world revolves.

 

“You okay?” Jay asked when I spaced out on him again. I nodded my head and kept thinking. So maybe Jay did play a big part of my life but then that means 2PM did but none of them can see me.

 

Why can Jay see me? Do you have an answer?

 

“Nope” I heard Fate answered. I turned to my left and she was floating around with me.

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked forgetting that Jay was next to me.

 

“We're going shopping remember?” He replied. I laughed a little and he glared at me.

 

“Not you, someone else is here” I said.

 

“Who?”

 

“My friend Fate”

 

“Nice to meet you Fate, I'm Jay” he said happily. Isn't he scared of people thinking he's losing his mind? But then again if you think about it, he lost his mind the moment he met me.

 

“She said nice to meet you too and you have y abs” I replied.

 

“I DIDN'T SAY THAT!” Fate protested. It's a good thing I'm the only soul Jay can see and here.

 

“What brings you here anyway?” I asked.

 

“Eunmi told me to tell you that Eunhee will be at 2PM's door in 15 minutes. Jay's bestfriend is there and Eunmi's got a bad feeling about Eunhee visiting the dorm, you both should head back right now.” She warned. I held onto Jay's arm pulling him to a stop. He looked at me confused and dumbfounded.

 

“We have to go back, Eunhee's dropping by the dorm” I said quickly without stopping.

 

“What, now?”

 

“YES NOW!” I yelled and started pulling him away.

 

“HONESTLY HE DOES HAVE GOOD ABS! I CAN TO YOU KNOW!” Fate yelled behind me causing me to laugh.

 

Kim Eunhee you , what the hell do you want now?

 

`5TH January 2010; 12:14PM.