Sudden Call

Ghost Love

 

[Soomi]

 

Can anyone else in this world paint me a picture this perfect? I highly doubt that.

 

Jay had fallen asleep on my lap once again. It's probably 1 o'clock in the morning. I couldn't close my eyes, wait actually, I didn't want to close my eyes. I already know it's real, he is my boyfriend but somewhere along this reality I'm afraid something or someone will knock me on my face and say “You're dreaming”. I know that's crazy but I just can't help but be paranoid about these sort of things.

 

I sighed to myself loudly and looked back down at Jay. He was sleeping so cutely, he had a little smile on his face like he was having a happy dream. I chuckled to myself then I heard someone approaching behind me.

 

“THERE YOU ARE!” I heard Jae Yeon's familiar voice yelled. I quickly turned around and hushed her down. She bit her lip and mouthed 'I'm Sorry'. Jaemin was not far behind, when they reached us, Jaemin wrapped a blanket around me while Jae Yeon hands me a blanket for Jay. I wrapped it around Jay who was sleeping so deeply.

 

“Why are you girls still awake?” I asked them as they sat next to me.

 

“We could ask you the same thing” Jaemin said.

 

“Not sleepy, where are the boys?”

 

“Asleep. Wooyoung is such an , I swear I want to kick him” Jae Yeon complained causing me and Jaemin to laugh out loud. Jae Yeon looked at us while pouting her lips, I just continued laughing.

 

“What makes him so bad?”

 

“He's annoying me. I mean, I know he likes me and stuff so why won't he just tell me. It's not like I'll shut him down or something like that. He really gets on my nerves” she said angrily.

 

“You did tell Chan you liked him, how do you think Wooyoung feels about that?” Jaemin pointed out.

 

“That's true but still”

 

“Maybe you should tell him how you feel” I told her. She looked at me then looked down at Jay. I looked down and realized that I was covering Jay's face making it hard for him to breathe.

 

“Oh, !” I exclaimed making Jaemin's head shake from side to side.

 

“Min how's Khun?” I asked changing the subject.

 

“He's good actually. He did a 360 before; he told me that he loved me and that he only has one heart to love so it chose me. I found it so corny yet so sweet. I did say I love him though, he was over the moon. He started talking about a lot of stuff which I haven't thought of. He wanted to court me too; you know the whole taking it slow stuff. I'm okay with it though, at least this way we won't know its lust” Jaemin replied happily. It made me happy somehow to see her happy and Khun finally made up his mind which is really good.

 

It was getting a bit cold and Jay is falling even deeper into a slumber. It was time for me to wake my baby up and tell him to hit the sack.

 

“Jay,” I said softly as I shook him. His eyes opened lazily and locked with mine straight away. Those dark pupils were looking deep into me once again; they looked good at night too.

 

“Yeah?” he asked curiously.

 

“Babe, you should head upstairs and sleep. I and the girls will stay for awhile to chat, I'll see you in the morning” I told him.

 

“You woke me up just so you could shoo me away? Thanks Mi, you are the best girlfriend” He replied sarcastically while getting up. I just smiled at him and he smiled back.

 

“Alright, don't stay up too late okay.” He told me.

 

He took the blanket off himself and stood up. He kissed me on my head then wrapped the blanket around the girls. We all said goodnight to Jay and I watched as his back slowly disappears once again. It scared me a little and I have no idea why.

 

“Don't worry Soomi; he's just going to bed” Jae Yeon told me.

 

“I know. I just can't help but be paranoid about him disappearing all the time. I'm use to him being around most of the times that is why I didn't want to close my eyes” I explained to them.

 

“My cousin captured you real hard aye?” Jaemin said. It was more of statement than a question. I nodded my head right after and she smiled.

 

“How does it feel to be with Jay? I mean millions of girls out there would die to be with Jay, and you seem to be the lucky one”

 

“No words can ever describe the way I feel whenever I am around Jay. I am lucky to be with him always though. He makes me happy; if we announce our relationship publicly then I'll die for sure. A million girls will shoot arrows my way; they will judge me without even getting to know me. They will hurt Jay without thinking and that will hurt me too.”  I told them.

 

“You analyze things too much” Jaemin told me.

 

“And you don't? It's not easy to be with guys like Jay or Khun, they are not ordinary guys. They have a lot of fans out there that could hurt not only us but also the boys. I'm just scared for Jay, you know. He's special to me so if he hurts of course I hurt too.” I explained to them.

 

“Enough, serious talk girls, I have to tell you both something about Eunhee” Jae Yeon suddenly said. Min and I looked at her straight away because she sounded dead serious.

 

“I didn't mean to listen to her conversations with whoever she was talking to on the phone but I did. She's up to no good, and I swear we need to warn the boys about her” she continued.

 

My heart pumped so fast just thinking about Eunhee being up to no good. She's the worst person to mess with; she would do anything to get what she wants.

 

“What exactly did you hear?” I asked her.

 

“She was telling the person on the other line that they are almost there. Eunhee also said that she talked to JYP about it already and the plans are set in motions and that everything will be over soon” Jae Yeon said.

 

“What plans? Did she say anything specific?”

 

“No, nothing specific, all she said is that everything is set on motions and yeah. I'm scared Soomi, I'm scared for the boys” Jae Yeon continued.

 

I didn't think twice anymore.

 

I took the blanket off me and got on my feet.

 

“That is not going to do anything” I told them and started running towards the hotel. As soon as we arrived in front of our room, Jaemin opened the door and we all walked inside. We saw Lysel sitting against her bed fiddling with her laptop. We looked at Eunhee's bed but she wasn't there.

 

“Where's Eunhee?” I asked straight away.

 

“She went back with Taecyeon, Wooyoung and Junsu to Seoul awhile ago. She said the president of JYPE is asking for her to come back as soon as possible. The three guys decided to go back with her, why?” Lysel explained.

 

“We're afraid that something might happen with the boys. That evil and JYP are planning something bad. I needed to confront her about it. Are the other boys asleep?” I asked her. She nodded her head and I dropped down next to her.

 

“Are you that worried?” Lysel asked me.

 

“Yeah, I am that worried. If this involves Jay then yes I'm worried as hell. My heart is beating so fast, my mind's everywhere. Would it be too much if I check up on Jay?”

 

They all laughed at how stupid I sounded.

 

“He's going to be o...” before Lysel could finish, my phone started ringing. It was Jay, and that phone call made my heart beat faster and faster.

 

“Yeah?”... “Alright, I'll be there soon” I said and hanged up.

 

I quickly got up from the bed and took a deep breath, then walked away from the girls.

 

“Soomi?” I heard Lysel say.

 

“Jay needs me. He sounded so serious, I have to get to him as soon as possible” I told them and walked out as fast as I could.

 

= . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = .

 

[Jay]

 

“Hyung, you okay?” I heard Khun asked once again.

 

“I don't know yet, I'll know when I do. What time did the other boys go? They didn't even say bye to me”

 

“They left awhile ago; I'm not sure what time. I just heard Junho saying goodbye to them. Who called Jay?”

 

I didn't answer him.

 

I just smiled at him and held onto my phone real tight.

 

“Babe!” I heard Mi called panicking. I quickly turned around, and she wrapped her arms around me. She already knew that something was wrong, I can feel it. I hugged her back tightly then kissed her on her forehead. The girls were not far behind her, Khun and Junho stood next to their girls straight away holding hands. Jae Yeon had a worried face on which made me worry even more.

 

“What's going on Jay?” Jaemin asked me when no one else would ask.

 

Mi moved away from my hug and looked at me. I locked my hand with hers to keep her safe and calm, then I looked at the rest of the guys and took a deep breath.

 

“That was Taecyeon; they want me back as soon as possible. He didn't sound so happy; I'm scared that something might have happened back at the company. Sorry that this whole thing has to end just like this but I really need you all to understand that I have to get back as soon as possible” I explained to them.

 

Soomi's hand tightened with mine.

 

“Jay, my guardian is here” she whispered to me.

 

“I need to talk to Soomi for awhile, can you boys and girls get our stuff ready so we can head back to Seoul as soon as possible?” I told them. They all nodded in unison and headed for their rooms, as soon as they were gone; Soomi started talking to her guardian.

 

“Sunye, what are you doing here?” She asked straight away.

 

Of course I couldn't hear anything, not even a single word. Soomi was arguing with her guardian. She was throwing words like; “NO”, “I don’t think so”, “I don’t know okay, why do you ask?”… The conversation between them was intriguing. Along the way of the conversation, Soomi would look at me with her eyes almost tearing. Her face changed from being worried to being completely out of this world. After a few more minutes, Soomi cried out loud and that was the moment I came next to her and pulled her into a hug.

 

“Are you sure about this?” She asked.

 

“Okay, thank you” She ended and continued crying her eyes out.

 

I waited so that she could calm down before I ask her what was going on. I really didn’t want to know to be honest, I mean, it could be anything… it could also be about her but I won’t know until she tells me.

 

She stopped then took a deep breath.

 

She stood in front of me, and couldn't look straight at me.

 

“Babe, what's wrong?” I asked her which made her look away and cry again. Was I that bad of a boyfriend?

 

“Jay” She spoke still staring towards the black horizon.

 

“Yee?” I replied.

 

“Don't go back. Let's run away together, just you and me. Forget everything, forget everyone… just remember us” She suddenly said, scaring the hell out of me.

 

I turned her around to face me and she was crying. Her eyes were filled with nothing but tears. I tried wiping them away but she didn't let me, instead she wrapped her arms around my body and kept sobbing onto my chest.

 

“I wish I could take everything away for you. I wish I could cry those tears you cry, I wish I could be you even for just next few hours so you wouldn't have to feel anything. Jay, please just tell me you'll run away and forget everything with me” She muttered.

 

“What's wrong Soomi? What did your guardian say?” I asked her then gave her a kiss on the forehead.

 

“You're not going to run away with me?” She answered my question with a question.

 

“Why would we run away?”

 

“Jay, I'm begging you… run away with me” She said once again. I didn't know what was going on but I was not going to agree to run away with her, not that I don't want to but I have a few responsibilities I have to take care of.

 

“You know I can't, but that does not mean I don't want to. I've thought of running away so many times, I just can't. So now are you ready to answer me?”

 

“That sudden call is about to change not only your life but also mine… I'm sorry” she replied not making sense. I didn't have the chance to ask her another question because Khun came running to us, telling us that we were ready to go. Soomi didn't wait for me to walk with her, she just walked away and found comfort in Jaemin's arms.

 

I was really confused about this whole thing.

 

She scared me, and so did that sudden call.

 

What could possibly be wrong that made Soomi want to run away from everything? I guess there's only one way to find out, I have to go and see JYP straight away.