You're A Good Guy

Ghost Love

 

Chapter 3: You're A Good Guy

 

 

[Soomi]

 

I roamed around the city once again. I still haven't got any clue on where to begin; I've wasted 2 days already which leaves me 26 days left? Is it just me or am I really bad at Mathematics? Well to be honest those 2 days haven't really been a waste because I saw Jay, twice. Second time was sort of fun, he looked a bit freaked out seeing me and he called me a stalker. The night was breaking again and since I didn't have any lead my floating skills took me back to JYP Building.

 

5 of the 2PM boys were inside the practice room, they were all gathered in one circle and they all looked so worried. I floated on top of them and watched them looked at each other with so much pain.

 

“Do you think they will be fine?” Wooyoung asked. Junho, Nichkhun, Junsu and Chansung just looked at him as confused as he was. I tried getting inside one of their heads but all of them was blurred and there was too much question that needed answers, it was giving me a headache the suddenly I heard swearing outside the room. I floated through the wall and found Taecyeon and Jay fighting outside. I stayed out of sight since Jay could see me.

 

“Damn it Taec, I didn't know what else to do okay” Jay said angrily.

 

“You could have walked away” Taecyeon replied.

 

“And then what? Let them continue harassing that girl? Are you ing kidding me Taec?” Jay continued arguing back.

 

“I don't know Jay, but all I know is, you didn't have to send him to the hospital”

 

“If I didn't send him to the hospital, he would have sent the girl into the hospital, either way one of them was bound to end up in the hospital!” Jay ended and walked away.

 

“JAY! COME ON JAY COME BACK!” Taecyeon yelled with his husky voice but it was impossible to stop Jay now.

 

 

 

. . . . . .

 

It's been 15 minutes since Jay walked out of the building. I was watching over him as he continues to walk, I was like his angel only difference is; to him I was a stalker. He finally stopped walking; we ended up at a park. There were swings, there were slides and there was that merry-go-round thing I use to always ride on. He sat in the middle of the park with his legs crossed and his eyes closed. I could hear his heartbeat even from a couple of feet away. I floated to his side and sat down, sort of funny because I can't feel the floor.

 

“Hey stranger” I greeted and he jumped up. I laughed a little and he glared at me.

 

“Sorry” I said. He sat back down and stared at me.

 

“I hate stalkers” he said.

 

“Yes? Well guess what, I hate b-boy dancers!” I lied so that I could make a conversation with him.

 

“Well b-boy dancers hate stalkers”

 

“Win-Win situation then” I replied and he smiled.

 

I've watched Jay before, I mean on TV. I've watched Wild Bunny, Hot Blood Men and all those other shows he was in and boy wasn't he fantastic.

 

“So what's your deal anyway? How come you're always following me around?” he asked me so straightforward. I remember when I was still alive boys wouldn't really talk to me so straightforward, they would always beat around the bush until I figure out what they really want to say but with this kid, he seems awesome to talk to.

 

“I'm not following you, you just happen to be wherever I go.” I replied and he raised his eyebrows. I've seen him do it a lot of times on TV but actually seeing it actually sort of turns me on... *thinks R-Rated* For a soul who is lost, my human characteristics are still intact.

 

“RIGHT!” he replied then rolled his eyes.

 

“You had a fight with Taecyeon didn't you?”

 

“It's none of your business and you know what I don't even know why I'm talking to you” he said then stood up. He started to walk away again and I followed him. I'm sure he couldn't hear me following him since I'm not even walking, I was floating but not high enough as I should be, I didn't want to freak him out. He stopped out of nowhere in an alley way, I stopped right behind him and I could hear his heartbeat increasing. The palpitation of his heart was beating abnormally, I felt his anger rose. I looked over to his shoulder and saw a girl screaming for help, Jay didn't think twice and he ran towards the alley way and started punching the crap out of the guys who were there. There were at least 3 of them and they were like Taecyeon's size, I didn't know what to do, well to be honest I couldn't do anything since I'm a soul who floats around.

 

I stood there watching Jay took care of the boys. Our distance was at least 100 steps away but I could hear him grinding his teeth with anger. The girl cried helplessly then Jay was saved by the siren of the police. The 3 guys started running away, Jay stood against the wall panting for breath.

 

“Oppa” the girl cried.

 

 Jay ran to her side and held her into his arms “hush” he said to her. Does Jay know this girl? The more the girl cried the faster Jay's heart beats. He scooped her off the ground and started walking towards me. When the light was on Jay, I saw blood dripping from his mouth, the girl somehow fell asleep in his arm and he looked me, his eyes were sorry.

 

“I'm sorry you had to see that” he said to me and turned away. I quickly floated to his side and wanted to comfort him, I wanted to touch his shoulder and calm the beat of his heart but I couldn't, I was scared that he might be afraid of me... instead of showing him I told him, “Everything is going to be ok.”

 

“We'll take her to her house and then I'll drop you home” he said to me. I tried going inside his head and reading what he was thinking but there was nothing, I couldn't get a single thing but his heart was telling me everything. He was scared, he was angry and he felt responsible for what happened to this girl. It was that long of a walk, Jay stopped in front of a building, he opened the door and we walked inside. We caught the elevator then stopped at the 6th floor. It was a beautiful place; there was something about the place that was giving me the creeps... I'm 100% sure it's not me, it's something else. I felt like somehow this place was familiar, somehow I felt like I've been here. Jay stopped at room number 16, he looked at me and I shook my head letting him know I wasn't going in. In less than 10 minutes he was out of the room again.

 

“She's safe now, her boyfriend's there” he said to me.

 

“I'll take you home now” he continued and we headed for the elevator.

 

It was silent in the elevator when we were going down, also silent when we walked out of the building. I listened to his heartbeat trying to make out what he's thinking. He was somehow calm now, he had peace but still the anger was overpowering it somehow.

 

“Do you know her?” I asked and he nodded his head. He was wiping the blood away from his mouth and I couldn't do anything about it. I was feeling sorry for him.

 

“She's a friend of mine. Her name is Minhae, she works with my best friend at a designing company” he answered.

 

I pulled to stop when I reached my house, well my house when I was still a human.

 

“This is it? This is your house?” he asked bewildered.

 

“Yes why?”

 

“Isn't this Ellie Heo and Soomi Heo's house?”

 

Wait... He knows me and my sister? How the heck? And doesn't he recognise me if that's the case?

 

“You know my cousins?” I asked lying.

 

“Not really, I've seen them a lot of magazines... well I use to see both of them a lot of magazines” he replied.

 

“Well I have to go and take another beating by Taecyeon; it was nice meeting you...”

 

“Chris... The name is Chris” I replied.

 

“Nice to meet you” he said and smiled.

 

I looked into his eyes and as always they were beautiful.

 

“You're a good guy Jay Park, I'll see you soon” I said and waved goodbye. He turned around and I quickly floated up to the roof. I saw him turned around again and he released a chuckled.

 

“She really is fast” he mumbled.