Cupids [Part I]

Ghost Love

 

[Soomi]

 

Overwhelmed by just how beautiful the people around me were – I ended up crying... again. I hate being a girl, there's too much water stored in our bodies so we have so much to release. I don't even know if my theory is true but it.

 

Let me start with Chansung...

 

Chansung was this maknae who cares about his Hyungs so much, he wasn't afraid to show it too. He was kind-hearted, shy guy and a very cool person to hang with – you'll never get bored. He eats a lot too, that I already knew. But because I'm actually interacting with him, it’s different to actually know him.

 

Junho is the shy guy but his silence speaks a thousand words at the same time. I don't know how he does it but that strong image fools everyone, but deep inside him... he's afraid just like all of us are. He loves Lysel too much, maybe much more than he loved Eunhee. He's cool, I have to hang out with him more to actually feel the way Jay does whenever they would talk.

 

Wooyoung? Don't get me started. He's like this little kid who just wants to have what he's had his eyes on the moment he first saw it... well in his case, the moment he first saw HER. He has his own way of making people laugh without even trying to. He was the type of person you would definitely want to be with the moment your world falls apart. I love Wooyoung.

 

Nichkhun... well, how do I start? He's caring, loving and of course gorgeous looking but underneath all of those; insecurities and fears hide behind it all. He has a heart who can love Jaemin already but he's scared that maybe if he gives it away now, tomorrow might be a different story... Just like what happened to me. I fear Nichkhun the most, he seems sensitive and knowing the real me; I'm TOO insensitive for his kind.

 

 

Taecyeon – quite weird. I expected him to be this guy who is so strong and so out there but I was wrong. Sometimes popularity scares him, it freaks him out whenever he feels like he's taking over everyone and don't get me wrong he loves it sometimes but most times 2PM comes first. He's trying hard with Yoona but he feels like his all is never enough.

 

Junsu is the guy I admire the most. He was this guy who tries to act too cool but behind it all he's the sweetest guy you could ever meet. He looks up to Jay way too much that he wants to be in Jay's shoes, even for just a day. For him its family before everything else, 2PM is precious to him; without them he wouldn't be as strong as he is.

 

Jay.

 

I tilted my head to look at Jay who was discussing our relationship with Lysel and Jaemin, they were trying to figure out where the hell am I going to go and stay or how we're going to tell my evil--of-a-cousin that I'm actually Jay's girlfriend and not Lysel's cousin.

 

I listened to Jay as he depends our relationship, it was admiring. I felt like I was falling in love all over again.

 

In the beginning he was this foul-mouthed boy who hides behind his music and his dance. Who expresses the way he feels through dancing, who uses dancing as an escape from the real world. He was the boy I definitely adore back in the days. He was this boy who was afraid to come near me because he might fall in love and he did eventually. He was a boy back then but he's a man now – he's my man. Why do I need reasons to explain how I feel about him? Even if I do words is never enough, sometimes silence speaks louder than words.

 

“WAH! I still can't believe Hyung has a girlfriend” I heard Wooyoung said. I turned my head back towards them and smiled at Wooyoung.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Well first you're like a goddess who appeared out of nowhere and second the last relationship he had didn't turn out so well” Wooyoung said and as soon as he finished Taecyeon hit him across the head.

 

“Sorry about that, this one doesn't know when to stop ranting his mouth” he said while sitting next to Wooyoung.

 

“It's okay, it’s not like I haven't heard from Jay that you know he had a relationship in the past that got serious but didn't end well” I told them.

 

“That's good, at least he's honest with you” Jae Yeon said while smiling palely. I was sensing that something was wrong with her, and I couldn't help but notice that there was some awkwardness between her and Wooyoung, had I been passed out that long that I missed what happened to them?

 

We were all chatting happily when we heard the front door slammed open. Bloody great, it's Eunhee. I don't have to look to see if it's her or not, her fake perfume I can already smell from a mile. I sighed silently to myself and stood up just like everybody else. I walked over to Jay and locked my hands with his; I wasn't afraid to flaunt a boyfriend like him.

 

“Why is your cousin still here?” Eunhee asked Lysel while taking her shoes off before entering the dorm; normally she would just barge inside the house without taking anything off; that pisses me off by the way.

 

I let go of Jay's hands and walked over to my cousin. I smiled at her then extended my hand her way.

 

“Nice to meet you, my name's Heo Soomi. You must be Eunhee? The -of-a-manager 2PM have. I feel sorry for you because you know what; you messed with the wrong group. Lay another finger on Lysel or Junho and I swear on my life you will regret that you ever entered their life in the first place” I said and took my hands away quickly.

 

“On second thought let me rephrase the start of my little speech: Hi, I'm Heo Soomi and trust me Eunhee, I'm a you wouldn't want to mess with” I continued and walked over to Jay's side.

 

Eunhee was burning in anger and I could hear the rest of the guys laughing.

 

“This ain't over” she warned me.

 

“I know and I'm not going anywhere. But I suggest you do before my head clouds with nothing but anger.” I replied.

 

“” she cursed.

 

“” I cursed back. Making her angrier than she already was, she turned around ready to run away once again.

 

“Wait – “I called after her. She titled her head with one eyebrows rose.

 

“Do something that would hurt my boyfriend again, I'm going to promise you that next to your cousin's grave will be you. That's all, you’re dismissed” I told her then she stomped her way towards the door then shut it close.

 

“You're gonna have to get that door fix soon, I don't know why you're putting up with that tramp. I mean there are plenty of other people out there who would be interested in having her job right?” I said but I felt like I was talking to statues, I might as well have.

 

Everyone was looking at me like I've bashed someone so bad that they ended up in a hospital and won't recover from the attack. Jay was also speechless but he was also smirking.

 

“Jay, say something?” I asked. Can you tell that it was some sort of a rhetorical question?

 

“My girlfriend's a bad , I like it” he said then pulled me into a kiss which I totally couldn't resist because it was one of my wish to kiss him in front of his friends and to show them just how in love we were.

 

“Scarred for life!” I heard Wooyoung teased. I quickly let go of Jay and the rest were just as happy as me and Jay... it felt good to have emotions again. These emotions I mean the happy ones but with the other emotions I want my numb self back.

 

“I like this girlfriend, I think I'll keep her with me” Jaemin said while pulling me towards her way.

 

“Are you sure?” Jay asked.

 

“Yeah, I'd love to. We could plot how we could kill Eunhee without the police getting involved” Jaemin joked. I laughed at her then looked at Jay who looked satisfied at this idea.

 

“I think the girls should move in with us” I suggested.

 

“Why?” Wooyoung asked straight away.

 

“I don't think it's healthy for the girls to be with you guys. If anyone finds out about this your name will be all over the newspaper and we don't want that happening. Let's just be careful from now on, especially with Eunhee around; we don't know what she can do” I told them.

 

“Okay, if you think that's a good idea then I'll support you” Jay said making Wooyoung sad. I smiled to myself and walked over to Wooyoung’s side. I locked my arm with his and whispered “I'll take care of her”. He looked at me confused and I just winked at him.

 

“Shall we move soon?” Jaemin asked excitedly. I nodded my head lightly then walked over to Jay.

 

“I'll see you later, I think I'll go shopping with the girls first”

 

“Soomi you have no money” he teased me.

 

“I saved some money, I'll use that. Don't worry I'm the only who knows where I hid my savings” I informed him.

 

“What were you saving for?”

 

“I was saving for a house on my own... Well not for me, you know for who but you know what happened then” I answered. I kissed him on the cheek and waved goodbye to the rest of the guys and headed out with the girls.

 

= . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = .

 

[Jay]

 

I was getting sick of all the questions the guys were asking, not that I didn't want to answer any of it. It's just that I was missing Mi already; it was harder to be apart from her now that she's human again.

 

“Hyung?” I heard Chansung called next to me.

 

“Yeah?” I answered as I continue to stare out the window.

 

“She's a real pretty girl and I really want to know Noona” he continued.

 

“Me too, she seems really cool” Wooyoung added.

 

I love my brothers they are supportive in everything I do. Nichkhun and Taecyeon don’t look so happy, I'm sure Soomi reminded them of Soomi.

 

“Khun, you okay?”

 

“Yeah, I'll go give Jaemin a call” he answered then stood up. I was about to follow him when my phone started ringing.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Guess who?” I heard Mi's familiar voice on the other line. My heart jumped for joy just by hearing her voice.

 

“Is this my other girlfriend?” I joked.

 

“I must have gotten the wrong number then, I was looking for Taecyeon” she joked back which cut me. I didn't say anything for awhile then she started laughing.

 

“Never joke around with a girl who can play it better than you” she said while still laughing.

 

“What do you want? And since when did you get a phone?”

 

“Oh, what a nice way to talk to your girlfriend. I just got the phone awhile ago, I had a feeling you were worried and wondering where I was so I thought you'd be the first to hear my voice through the phone” she informed me.

 

I felt my cheeks burning in embarrassment. She makes me so happy in so many ways possible, even just hearing her voice makes me happy already.

 

“Don't you have any more practice?” She asked me.

 

“Yee, cancelled for the day since you pissed the crap out of our manager. Why what’s up?”

 

“Come out shopping with us. I've always wanted to take my boyfriend for a shop so come on”

 

“Alright. I'll see you soon”

 

“Babe, bring Wooyoung with you okay?” she said then hung up.

 

. . . .

 

We arrived at the mall where the girls were at. Everyone was staring at us not only because Wooyoung is with me but also Khun happened to tag along. Soomi is definitely going to murder me this time.

 

“I said I didn't want to come now look at the commotion I am making. Why did I have to come anyway?”

 

“I have no idea, you should ask Mi that question” I told him.

 

“They are at the food court” Nichkhun informed us then started heading for the food court. I was amaze by just how relax the fans are right now, lucky they are not jumping onto Khun and stuff; it's a good thing in a scary way to be honest.

 

Finally we arrived at the food court. I saw Soomi laughing happily with Lysel and Jaemin just like a normal girl should laugh. This was something that could make a guy cry, it's not often you fall in love with a soul that ends up being human again.

 

“JAY!!!” Jaemin greeted happily. Soomi stood up from her chair; she titled her head a little to side and smiled at me. I smiled back then we continued walking towards them.

 

“About freaking time. How long does it take to get here?” Soomi complained as soon as I was by her side.

 

“Traffic and plus Wooyoung went all retarded with his clothes, couldn't decide which one to wear and to think he didn't even want to come here” I told them causing Soomi to laugh.

 

“Reminds me of someone” she said then shot a glance at Jae Yeon who did not move from her position at all. She stayed like a statue which was awkward because she would normally be the happy go-lucky and fantastic energetic girl but today she was a complete different person.

 

“Anyway where's Junho?”

 

“Asleep” Wooyoung said while taking a seat opposite to Jae Yeon. I looked at Soomi who was shaking her head side to side with a smile on her face.

 

“Is there something I should know about?” I asked her as I leaned closer to her ears.

 

“Today we are going to play cupids”

 

“Cupids?”

 

“Yeah, cupids” she answered.

 

“We shouldn't mess around with them” I told her.

 

“If we don't who would?” She asked rhetorically then pulled Jae Yeon to sit next to Wooyoung.

 

I have a bad feeling about this but she seems so sure so I'll just go with the flow.

 

Sorry Woo, looks like we're your cupids for today.