Melody In My Heart

Ghost Love

 

[Jay]

 

“How long has she been passed out for?” Nichkhun asked me.

 

“I have no idea. Do you think we should check her into the hospital already?” I told Nichkhun.

 

There laid on my bed, my beautiful girlfriend, who flew down the sky passed out. Lysel came screaming down from the rooftop calling out for me, I don't know how long ago but the moment I got to the rooftop I found Soomi laying down on the floor passed out... and I have no idea why.

 

“You're overreacting Hyung, she'll be fine” Chansung said as he walks in my room. Soon enough my whole room is going to be filled with people and questions. 

 

I held onto Soomi's hands waiting for her to move at least one time but nothing. She was breathing so I know she wasn't dead, it was a relief.

 

“Can I talk to you for a quick second Jay?” Jaemin asked as she stands in the middle of the door.

 

Everyone walked out the door leaving me and Jaemin in complete silence. She looked at me waiting for me to say something to her.

 

“Why didn't you tell me?”

 

“I never told anyone if that makes you feel any better” I told her while I walk towards her. She leaned on the right side of the door while I leaned on the left. I could tell she was angry, just like Lysel, Jaemin and I shared everything with each other.

 

“No Jay, it doesn't make me feel any better. We're cousins; we're supposed to have each other’s back.”

 

“Jaemin, she's my girlfriend not my wife” I excused.

 

“That's the point... She's your girlfriend and I didn't know anything about it, it's like you shut me out of your life” she said angrily.

 

“Jay?” I heard Soomi's pale voice called. I looked to where she was and she was trying to get up. I quickly moved my feet and headed towards her, I held her back then she jumped on me and started crying.

 

“Soomi what's wrong?” I asked her trying to make sense of everything that happened.

 

“She's --- gone!” she said.

 

“Baby who's gone?”

 

“EUNMI'S GONE!!!” She yelled. I've never seen her this way; I've never seen her hurt this much. Actually maybe I have, the moment I found her at that practice room. I didn't know what to say or do, instead I just hugged her real tight to let her know everything will be alright.

 

I stayed in the same position waiting for Soomi to hush down. It took at 15 minutes before she stopped crying and started smiling.

 

“Babe?”

 

“She's gone Jay... She died so I could be human again” she told me as she buries herself deeply in my arms again.

 

“I never knew that was possible”

 

“Yeah me too but apparently it is” she replied.

 

I was about to say something stupid when I remembered the letter Lysel found next to her at the rooftop. I slowly pulled it out of the pocket of my jeans and gave it to her.

 

 

“Lysel found it next to you when you flew down the sky”

 

She released herself from me then unfolded the letter.

 

“Jay's the melody of your heart.

 

Now write me the best song ever. Love you both and I'm sorry all I could exchange for my life is you being human Soomi... If I had a choice I would have given up my life so you could be human and also for your time to be extended. It was either extension or you know being human. You deserve to be human, although you might look like me slightly but that's not the point. The heart beating in you is still your heart, not mine. Be happy... I'll see you in a month.

 

Love Always; Eunmi” Soomi read the letter cutting off at some of the parts but I clearly understood what the whole letter said. I was speechless, how can she just give up her life so someone could be happy?

 

“She didn't have much left – according to her. I'm sure Fate is angry at me and won't come visit me for awhile. She was pretty sad the last time I saw you but then again why wouldn't she be angry, I basically murdered Eunmi right... This was my entire fault; it's all because of my stubborn nature.”

 

I quickly look at her and held onto her arms while looking straight at her eyes, I was hurt by what she was thinking. She doesn't deserve this, nobody does.

 

“Hey baby, listen to me, first of all Eunmi had her reasons. Second Fate is just going through a tough time and third you did not murder Eunmi. She chose to give her remaining energy so you could be happy... none of this is your fault and I would never blame you for any of it” I told her.

 

“I don't care Jay. I'm blaming me and there's nothing you could do about that, this was my FAULT! No matter how many times you tell me it's not, it is. I fell in love... and now I'm being punished” she told me.

 

I felt a knife stabbing my heart, clichéd as that sounds; that's exactly how I am feeling. Hearing your girlfriend say that falling in love with you is a punishment in another form of words, hurts... it kills to be honest. I wasn't about to just sit there and listen to her tell me that her and I was a mistake, I wasn't going to do that.

 

“If you think falling in love with me is a punishment then you should be happy because Miss Heo Soomi, this guy will sin a thousand times for you. I'd get punish a thousand times for you, I'd bleed a thousand times for you and in the end of the day you know what I'd still be saying?”

 

She shook her head. Of course she didn't know I was the only one who knew what I would still be saying to her.

 

“I'd tell you: “Soomi, I love you a thousand times more.” That's exactly what you'll hear from me, I'd tell you that a thousand times more. So don't you go regretting this relationship because let me tell you, the moment you stop believing in us will be the moment I'd fight even stronger.”

 

She sat there with hanging open, tears overflowing, my beautiful girlfriend trying to process everything. It was a good thing Jaemin left the moment Soomi said my name or else she would have been making fun of me.

 

“I don't even deserve you” she said while shaking her head lightly. I pushed her forehead lightly then smiled at her.

 

“No, I don't deserve you but you love me, that's all the freaking matters” I told her and she laughed.

 

I missed her laugh; I miss how her little eyes slowly disappear into happiness. I never want to see her cry but it's impossible because girls will always be girls and that's crazy.

 

“Soomi?” I heard Lysel called. Soomi quickly wiped her tears away as she listens to Lysel approach the both of us. She released a big smile and stepped out of the bed. She bowed her head for literally 8 seconds then looked back up at Lysel.

 

“Miane, I promise to not cry anymore and be strong for your bestfriend. He doesn't deserve a crying baby, he deserves happiness. I'm also sorry that I got you worried about me before, you're heart rate can slow down now because I'm fine and like a friend said to me Jay is the melody in my heart; once that melody stops playing... that's the time my heart stops beating” she said then she walked towards Lysel giving her a hug.

 

Speechless like I always am, I sat where I was and replayed everything she just said about me.

 

I really don't deserve her but she is also the melody in my heart.