Grown Up

Ghost Love

 

[Jay]

 

I started to laugh when Soomi couldn't look at me straight. It's like she was embarrassed or something. I wasn't embarrassed at all and I mean that, it's normal for couples to kiss each other.

 

“I swear I would give anything right now to see how red your cheeks are” I suddenly blurted then started laughing. She whacked me across the arm and pouted. She's so cute; can I have her for keeps?

 

“Oh Jay they are having a pajama party tonight right?” She asked me excitedly. I nodded my head and a grin formed on her face.

 

“Could we join them?”

 

“It's all girls, you can join them” I told her.

 

“How am I supposed to ask the questions then?”

 

“Alright, come on, it will take a lot of convincing before they agree to include me in that Pajama Party.

 

-

 

We arrived back at the dorm and the boys were lying around the living room lazily. The girls were in the kitchen, looks like Jaemin and Jae Yeon just came back from the shops. Both girls became instant best friends since Jae Yeon wasn't interested in Nichkhun at all. As soon as Lysel met eyes with me I saw her stiffened.

 

“You should say sorry”  whispered while pushing me lightly towards Lysel. I half-heartedly dragged my feet towards my bestfriend and stood beside her. I was a bit annoyed at myself for yelling at her like that, I made it seem like they weren't allowed to kiss.

 

“Can we talk?” I asked her and she was on her feet straight away. We walked away from the group and stood behind the front door. She was looking down on her feet, she was scared... Was I that bad?

 

“Lysel I'm Sorry” “Jay I'm sorry” we suddenly said in unison. We looked at each other then laughed our hearts out. She then buried herself under my arms and I could hear her faking her sobs.

 

“I'm sorry 'Sel, I was the one who made a mistake. I never should have yelled at you like that, it's just that you know how my situation is.” I explained to her. She pulled away from me and smiled.

 

“It's okay; I was at fault as well. How is she?”

 

“She's happy. I have something to ask you though” I told her.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Can we join your pajama party?”

 

“If he's joining I want in...” I heard Wooyoung said followed by Nichkhun then Taecyeon then the rest of the boys. Lysel and I turned to our sides and saw the boys filed up looking at us.

 

“HOW LONG HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN STANDING THERE?” I raged.

 

“Just then, relax. We weren't listening to any of the other stuff, Lysel please” Khun said while begging with his round dark orbs.

 

“I don't know, I have to ask the girls about it or else they will eat me alive”

 

.

 

After 10 minutes of arguing here and there, the girls finally agreed to allow the boys to join in the pajama party. We started by watching a movie which no one paid attention to because they were all busy talking to each other. I, on the other hand was busy watching the movie with Soomi. I could hear her sobbing here and there, I was holding onto her hands under the blankets while she lays her head on my shoulder.

 

'This could be like our first date or something' I said to her.

 

“WOW, I can read you again” she yelled happily ignoring what I just said. I tightened my grip on her hands as she buries her head on my shoulder even more.

 

“You know Jay I can get use to this but I know deep inside I shouldn't”

 

'I know it'll end Mi, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't give our all to this relationship' I told her.

 

“MI? Why do you call me Mi?”

 

'Soomi is too long and babe can get annoying sometimes, since you call me Jay and we're JayMi mixed together so might as well call you Mi' I explained.

 

“Since when did you become so smart?” she asked jokingly. I laughed softly with her and continued watching the movie.

 

-

 

“That was some long movie, jeez, whoever picked it is so... Ugh, I don't even know how to explain it. I am not watching another love story that will take 2 hours or more” Jae Yeon complained while stretching her arms and legs. Wooyoung glared at her feeling insulted by what she just said about Wooyoung. Woo can be such a girl sometime, he didn't even think about the others who will be watching the movie. I don't know what the movie was called but it sure made Mi sob from beginning to end.

 

I watched as everyone smile now that the movie was over. Junho, Chansung and Junsu were all filed up at one side while cracking jokes to each other; next to me was Mi still holding onto my hand. Jae Yeon, Khun, Wooyoung and Jaemin were clearing out the middle floor for the food and whatever other things they prepared to do. Lysel was talking with Taecyeon about something I had no idea about.

 

Minutes passed and the center of the living room was finally cleaned. There was only a mini table with soft drinks and chips on top of it. Mouth-watering but they are not good for my body, especially this late at night.

 

“COME ON LAZY BOYS GATHER AROUND!” Jaemin yelled. The boys were then on their feet, I stayed where I was because Mi can't make contact with them.

 

“Jay, aren't you joining us?”

 

“I'm fine here; my legs are hurting right now. It feels so numb, I'll listen here don't worry” I informed them.

 

“Alright then, shall we play a game?” Jaemin suggested.

 

“I guess so, since our original plan is ruined we might as well play a game” Jae Yeon said while giving the boys dirties. They rolled their eyes in unison and shook their heads.

 

“I've always wanted to play truth or dare” Lysel said. The boys seemed keen about it and nodded their heads.

 

“This will be so much fun!” I heard Mi said excitedly.

 

= . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = .

 

[Soomi]

 

I watched as the boys and girls chat happily. Each individual was given one minute to think of possible questions for each person. Jay was thinking of silly questions for Jaemin and Jae Yeon, he thinks this truth or dare game will be the way in bringing them together with Wooyoung and Khun.

 

“You are a guy with no heart” I .

 

'It's going to fun' he thought.

 

“ALRIGHT LET'S SPIN THE BOTTLE!” Jaemin yelled. She held onto the bottle of sprite and started spinning it. The bottle stopped spinning and pointed at Junho. Junho's face turned red not knowing what to pick. Lysel and he have been separated for the whole night; Junho is still scared to come near Lysel after Jay's psycho attack on them both.

 

“Alright since I spun the bottle I'll be asking the question” Jaemin said.

 

“Truth or dare” she continued.

 

“Truth” Junho replied.

 

“Alright then... Is Lysel the one for you?” Jaemin asked while having a smirk on her face. Junho shot a glance at the smiling Jay next to me then took a quick look at Lysel who was blushing like she have never blushed in her whole life.

 

“Ne. She's the one for me and even if we face a lot of problems we will go through them together. I will not fight with her nor hate on her no matter what her and I go through; she'll be the shining light I'll follow when I get lost” He said sweetly. I tilted my head to see Lysel's reaction and of course she shed a tear.

 

I was too busy trying to listen to what's going on inside that I didn't notice someone else's presence. I can feel Eunhee standing outside the front door.

 

“Jay, I'll be real quick. Make sure you remember what the others do, so when I come back I can see it properly okay?” I told him and landed a kiss on his cheek.

 

I quickly headed for the door and realised that I couldn't walk through it. Gosh hasn't Sunye taken this curse back yet? I leaned against the wall waiting for Eunhee to move but she didn't instead she picked up her phone that's been vibrating and she took a deep breath.

 

“Ne. I really don't think I can pursue him anymore too, it looks like he found someone else worth loving but I can't just give up this job. I have other things I need to do first before disappearing again. Yes I know. I won't forget about the real reason why I'm here. Whatever, I'll talk to you soon. I know it's late there, I'll see you real soon” She said and hanged up.

 

The real reason why she's here? So, one of them is trying to pursue Junho again while the other is unknown still. I knew something was fishy about this girl.

 

 I quickly went back to Jay and buried my head on his chest. I could tell that he was confused and worried as the same time but I assured him that I was fine.

 

“What did I miss?” I asked him.

 

'Nothing, Junho's been trying to calm Lysel down.'

 

“She'll stop right about... NOW!”

 

“I'm fine” Lysel said and locked her hands with Junho. Junho released one of his rain look-alike smiles and spin the bottle.

 

“KARMA!” They all yelled in unison when the bottle stopped pointing at Jaemin. Jaemin's smiling face turned into a frown making Jay laugh. This guy is evil sometimes.

 

“Truth or dare?” Junho asked.

 

“Dare!” she yelled.

 

“I dare you to tell the guy you like that you like him. I don't care how as long as you do” Junho said. These boys and girls are evil; Lysel suggesting this game is really not good. Everyone is going to end up confessing their feelings and stuff like that.

 

Jaemin took a deep breath and walked away from us. Jay and Lysel looked at each other weird. She walked towards the rooms leaving me and the rest of the group confused. Suddenly out of silence Khun's phone started ringing.

 

“Yoboseyo?” He answered, followed by “Ne” then he pressed the loudspeaker button on his phone and placed the phone on top of the table.

 

“Khun~Oppa” the girl on the other line said. Jay laughed hard out because it was Jaemin talking. Lysel giggled by how cute Jaemin was and the others looked confused.

 

“Shut it Jay before I come back out there” she ordered. I covered Jay's mouth when he wouldn't do what Jaemin asked. Silence then took over the living room again. This must be hard on Jaemin right now, confessing to the guy she's been in love with; I mean it was hard for me too.

 

“I'm sure you've realised that it's you. Miane Oppa, but I just didn't know how to approach you. If I wasn't dared like this, I would have never confessed how I feel about you. I've always known you had someone special in your heart but I never stopped feeling the way I do for you. I won't force my feelings on you, I really won't so I hope after this confession, and you and I could stay friends...” she confessed.

 

“Jaemin~ah, come out here, BALI!” Khun commanded and slid his phone closed. I felt Jaemin's presence changing constantly; it's like she doesn't know what to feel or if she should feel something. She arrived back in the living room fiddling with her phone all tensed up while looking down on her feet. Everyone's eyes were focused on what Khun is going to do but my eyes were focused on the shy-looking Jaemin. She was cute scared but then I remembered how I looked like when it was me confessing to Jay.

 

Khun finally stood up. He walked slowly towards Jaemin, when he finally reached her; he lifted her chin lightly to get a good look of her face. They both then changed position so we could see a side view of both their faces. Their height was just right; it was the perfect height for a girlfriend and a boyfriend. Khun was a little bit taller than Jaemin; it's like the best height difference. Khun released one of his killer smiles causing Jaemin to blush non-stop. The boys and the girls watched excitedly at what Khun is going to do.

 

“Miane” he started. All our excitement and hope dropped to the lowest level it could drop.

 

“YAH OPPA!” Jae Yeon yelled.

 

“Ah, Chincha~pabo-ya” Wooyoung added.

 

“Let him finish” Taecyeon said.

 

“Jaemin~ah, cheongmal miane. I'm just not ready right now but I'm not saying I never will be. If I had to pick a girl from all the other girls I know even from the celebrities, I will definitely pick you. We connect in ways no one could ever understand, just give Oppa sometime araso?” Khun continued.

 

Are the 2PM boys really this sweet?

 

Jaemin's nodded her head happily and gave Khun a hug.

 

“WAH!!! You guys are so cheesy” Chansung teased. The lovers went back to their original position, Jaemin spanned the bottle once more and it pointed to Junsu.

 

“Definitely dare, I don't want to end up being all cheesy like you 3 have been” he said then smiled.

 

“I dare you to give Wooyoung a kiss”

 

“YAH YAH! Why does it have to be me?” Wooyoung complained.

 

“That right there is the reason why” Jaemin said and stuck her tongue out. Junsu then started making his move, he slowly crept towards Wooyoung but he couldn't move anywhere since Jae Yeon was insisting on this kiss as well.

 

“YAH PLEASE STOP!” Wooyoung commanded. Junsu then went for the kill but stubborn Wooyoung moved out of the way causing Junsu to land a kiss on Jae Yeon's cheeks. Wooyoung's jaw dropped, Junsu's eyes popped opened while Jae Yeon's lip was on the verge of bleeding. When Wooyoung got himself together, he quickly pulled Junsu away from Jae Yeon.

 

“CHEAP TRICK!” He accused.

 

“Miane, Jae Yeon~ah” Junsu said.

 

“Aniya...” she replied still in shock.

 

“ALRIGHT ONE LAST SPIN” Wooyoung said angrily and spin the bottle. To my surprise it pointed at Jay, the boys got all excited that he was the last guy to get picked.

 

“Shoot it!” Jay said confidently.

 

“Truth or dare?” Wooyoung asked.

 

'What should I pick?' he asked me.

 

“I don't know either way I want to see what the question is or the dare” I told him.

 

“Truth” he said.

 

“Tough guy” I teased.

 

“Hyung you have to tell the truth araso?” Wooyoung reminded. Jay nodded his head then waited for the question.

 

“Do you have a plan on getting married?” Wooyoung asked. Jay smiled then tightened his hand around mine.

 

 

“Of course I do but sometimes you can't always get what you want but that doesn't mean you should stop believing and not wish anymore. Someday I will get married and when that time comes I know I'll be happy. For now I just want to enjoy life and give everyone else around me a chance to be a part of my everyday life” he replied confidently causing me to be a little bit more worried.

 

“But I won't regret not being able to get married because I know I'll have a blast during my journey” he said quickly. I unlocked my hands from his and wrapped them around his body. He was short but he had a wide body so I struggled to wrap myself around him but after 2 seconds of struggling I was finally able to fully feel his warmth.

 

“Did I ever tell you that I love you?” I told him.

 

'About 3 times I think?' he replied. I laughed a little and he held me as well.

 

“Boys and girls” he called. The rest of the guys and girls looked his way confused.

 

“It's not going to be easy falling in love, sometimes there are moments where you have to give up things you don't want to give up. Sometimes you have to believe for the impossible to be possible. Sometimes you have to be strong even when you have no more strength but in the end of the day you're still in love. Don't let any situation come in between your relationship with someone, it's not worth it trust me. You will get hurt, you will cry but be strong” Jay advised.

 

Everyone looked at him dumbfounded and some were even shocked. It was so nice to hear Jay talk the way he just did, he changed a lot. His ill-mannered is still attached but it only comes out when someone he doesn't like faces him. He's all grown up, he's no longer a boy – he's a man.