Welcome to the Family

Supa Luv

After I showered the next morning and ate breakfast, Seung Hyun went to work and Eun Hee went to show me the city. As we left the building, I got a quick introduction to Gyu Ah Kim -- the girl Eun Hee told me about last night -- and her mom, Hyo Ju.

"Let's start off with something you'd be familiar with," Eun Hee said as we got into a taxi. "Myeongdong, please."

When we got out, we were standing in front of a mall.

"Welcome to Myeongdong. My favorite place in Seoul. There's shopping, entertainment, and a Starbucks in the corner over there. There's also one next to our apartment in Cheongdam-dong. It's just a few blocks away so we'll stop there on the way back. Now, let's go shopping!"

"YES!"

This has nothing to do with the chapter, but just play it because it sounds like shopping music to me :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vTqkiFJxQM

First, she took me into the make up and nail stores. I got BB Cream and some other products she picked out for me, and bought acrylics and then we went into the Sanrio store. One word: KAWAII.

I got school supplies and a cellphone charm with Badtz Maru, Hello Kitty, and Choco Cat as mini plushies. We then went to a clothes store. Eun Hee let me choose whatever I wanted, and helped me find my size since I wasn't familiar with the conversion yet. When I got into the dressing room, I had two piles of clothes. I felt a bit guilty, about her buying me all of this stuff, but she said that since she was my new mom, she wanted to. That, and I was the first girl exchange student.

I didn't expect to leave the store with everything she brought me, but oh, I did. Eun Hee Park is a woman that shops with a purpose.

When we got back in the cab, both of us had several bags, and we dropped them off at home before walking to the Starbucks.

I ordered a black tea, and she ordered a caramel macchiato. When we got our drinks and sat down, I saw Nikki and her boyfriend walk in.

"Hi Nikki!"

She waved to me, and introduced her boyfriend, Drake, to us.

"Is she one of your friends?" Eun Hee asked.

"I guess so, we talked on the plane."

"Ah, it's good to have an American friend here. It's like a bit of home."

"Mhm." I sipped my drink.

"So, who are your favorite idols? That's why you wanted to come here, right?"

"Yeah, and I really like Block B and Teen Top. Ricky and Zico, are my biases." I smiled.

"Oh those two are pretty good, whenever I go into work the interns are always talking about them. I'm actually more of a B2UTY, just don't tell my husband. He's jealous of Doojoon, even though he knows I love him more than any idol."

"That's cute, though. He's still jealous even though you two are married."

"It is, I suppose, but it's also a bit irritating since we've been married for over twenty years!" She laughed then drank her coffee.

"Heungjin High School. . . is it a good school?" I asked nervously.

She smiled at me warmly. "Of course it is! We wouldn't enroll you in some second-rate school. And I have a friend who teaches there and she has Niel in her class."

I choked on my tea. "D-does ALL of Teen Top go there??"

"I'm not sure, you'll find out tomorrow, won't you?"

"True."

We finished our drinks then went home and I unpacked while she made dinner.

My closet was pretty big, and I needed it after the shopping trip. I didn't expect to wear everything since my school was uniform, but better safe than sorry, right?

There was a knock on my door.

"Come in!"

Seung Hyun walked in. "I see my wife took you shopping."

"Yep!"

"Well at least you'll be set for non-uniform days, by the way, here it is." he set in on my bed.

"And what language would you prefer to talk in?"

"Hmm, can we switch off every other day? Eun Hee was talking to me in both today, and I'm fine with either, but I'd like to practice my Korean but still speak English too."

"Alright, and tonight we'll speak Korean so you can get some practice for school."

"Okay."

"Also, dinner is going to be ready in five minutes, and Kwang Dae is here. His art is being put up in a gallery around here and he decided to give us a visit."

"Alright, I can't wait to meet him."

The doorbell rang. "Well that's him. Just finish unpacking and come out for dinner."

I only had a few shirts left, so I squeezed them in and walked downstairs.

Kwang Dae was hot.

He had his dad's thick black hair and his mom's dark brown eyes, a sharp jawline, and a nice nose and mouth. He was tall, about his dad's height, which was nearly six feet. He had a polite voice and had this kind of confidence that you don't see often. It wasn't like cockiness, but just self-security I guess you could put it.

"So where are you from?" he asked.

"California," I replied and ate some rice.

"Ahh, so do you like the idols?"

"YEAH!"

He laughed at how enthusiastic I was. "Just let me know if there's someone you want to see, I have a friends who work at KBS, I'm sure I could get you tickets."

"Really??"

"Of course, you're my sister now, it's the least I could do."

I grinned. "THANK YOU SO MUCH!...BRO!"

"Are you going to start speaking English now?" Seung Hyun asked.

"No, just certain words."

"You're already one of us," Kwang Dae said, "welcome to the family."

"Callie Park," Eun Hee said. "You're half Korean now."