At The Hospital

Supa Luv

Callie's POV

When we got to emergency, Eun Hee found one of her co-workers and told him to examine Ricky while she would be my doctor. She gave me a hospital gown to change into and led me down the hall to give my arm an X-ray.

"Thank you," I said in English, too tired to even speak Korean, as we walked out of the X-ray room and down the hall.

"Aigoo, it's nothing. It's our responsibilty to keep you safe. I don't think we did a very good job tonight."

"No, it was my fault, I should've told you where I was. I just didn't think."

She chuckled. "Don't blame yourself. At least you're all in one piece."

"Do you think Ricky is okay?" The words came out in a panicked tone.

"He looked fine, so I'm sure he's alright."

"Are you sure? What if he has internal bleeding? Or if they damaged one of his organs? What about his legs? Is his voice okay?"

She chuckled again and opened the door into a separate room. I sat on the exam table and she began to check my vitals.

"You're really worried about him, aren't you? Ah, well that's what happens when you like someone, isn't it? You worry about them. You're worried if they've eaten or not, if they're happy, or if someone broke their heart. You hear about an accident and your heart stops in fear for the one you like. Falling for someone is hard, don't you think?"

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in," she said.

It was Ricky. He bowed and thanked Eun Hee. "Callie-ah, get better soon and I'm sorry -- I won't let you walk home alone again next time, arasso?"

"Oh, oh alright?" I didn't really see how it was his fault. "I'll see you at school tomorrow!"

He smiled and waved goodbye before leaving.

After he left, a man brought in my X-ray.

She put them up and looked at them. "Hmm, it did break. But at least the bone settled in the right position -- lucky you, that's quite rare -- so we can just put you in a cast and go home."

 

Sorry for the short update :( but an update is an update nonetheless, right? ^^; Anyways, I'll try to update more frequently since holidays are coming up and i'll have more time off :]