Caught!

A Collection

Donghae and Hyukjae were college students, more like last year students struggling to keep up with the stress of college exams plus the mountain high pile of projects and assignments. They had just recently started dating, one chance date led to another. Not exactly official, they were smoothly on their way to make this official. The increasing work load and stress however, was making it hard for these two to hangout. Donghae lived in the dorm building next to Hyukjae’s, but all the hectic routine and exhaustion was barely letting them converse freely on the phone.

 “It feels like I’m slowly losing my soul. Who am I anymore, Hyukjae?”

Hyukjae coos lightly, trying to reassure the other over the phone, though he’s sure that his own dead-tired voice is not doing any good.

“This I crazy, I’m so close to you yet so far away.I’m two minutes away from burning this laptop” Donghae protests and Hyukjae smiles at the mental image of Donghae pouting. “Hae babe~” he croons softly, knowing well how his hushed words had a great effect on Donghae. He hears Donghae softly exhale and Hyukjae can very well imagine the other trying to relax “You’re working hard, just hold on a bit more, soon we can spend more time with each other, as soon as all this is over”

“You mean after graduation” comes  the distressed reply and Hyukjae sighs “I guess..but hey we atleast have the farewell dance to look forward to”

A yearning sigh is all he receives as a response, he himself was not holding up too well, constantly wanting to be with Donghae was not helping him at all. That’s when an idea comes up, but he hesitates, Donghae is able to detect the hesitation easily and Hyukjae has no choice spilling it

“I know we’ve never done this before but, is it okay if I come over to your room?”

Donghae’s silent for a moment “It’s near to midnight, what if you get caught?

 “Hae, darling, I’ve done it before dozens of time, don’t worry and just stay in the room, I’ll be right over. You mentioned your roommate being away for the night right?”

“Yes..ok Hyuk hurry then and be safe”

Hyukjae chuckles, commenting how Donghae was acting as if Hyukjae was going to war. He hangs up after blowing a quick kiss and pockets his cellphone, grabs a thick hoodie sweater, covers up good and slips out his room. The cold night breeze has him shuddering, but he keeps going, the desire to have Donghae in his arms motivating him to move on, sneaking through shadows, side stepping night guards and sprinting through gardens, skipping over barriers to finally enter the lane Donghae lived on.

 

On the other side Donghae is pacing in his room, pausing only to check his appearance and trying not to cry at the huge eye bags under his eyes, no matter what he did to look good for Hyukjae, he looked horrible in the end anyway. He was nervous yet excited. They had been dateing steadily but were not atthe point where they could just be in a room, each other’s room. Just the two of them. All alone.

 He feels a rush of giddiness, suddenly breathless at the possibilities of how tonight could turn out. Too distracted by his many fantasies he ends up jumping at the sound of knocking. A sigh of relief and Donghae opens the door a crack, though soon it’s pushed open wide and Hyukjae slides in, quick to shut it and turn to face Donghae.

Donghae’s thirsty gaze hovers over a breathless, red-nosed Hyukjae’s face, that wild grin causing him to feel the sudden need to smash their lips together. Hyukjae’s back slams against the wall with a thud but he doesn’t mind. Donghae’s lips were finally against his own and making him see fireworks ( not like he would admit it out loud-yet). He kisses back just as eagerly, hands instantly sliding under his shirt and kneading at the warm skin, causing Donghae to melt against him.

In a few moments they are both shirtless and rolling on donghae’s bed, breathless and moving up against each other, seeking more and more of each other’s taste and touch.

In their heated moment and too far gone they fail to hear voices closing in and then room’s door is opening and a chorus of gasps and wild laughter causes Hyukjae and Donghae to nearly topple over the edge of the bed. As some heavily mortifying seconds and a frantic Siwon pushing his classmates out, while Hyukjae unfreezes and throws a blanket over himself and Donghae, cowering under it as if they were

They stare at the shut door as sounds fade away. Dead silence follows and the two slowly turn to look at each other. Donghae splutters a giggle and Hyukjae’s laughter soon follows, the buzzing of Donghae’s phone makes him grab for it, raising a row at the text message from Siwon

“What is it?” Hyukjae asks with a burning face and nervous voice

Donghae at his lips, an amused glint in his eyes as he locks gazes with Hyukjae

“Siwon says he wants to move out”

“Oh”

“I’ll be needing another roommate”

“Oh..wait are you saying what I hope you’re saying?”

Donghae responds with a sweet grin and a searing hot kiss.