Of English and being lost in London

A Collection

Words in Bold italics are the boys speaking in English~

--

“Oh come on Eunhyukah please? We can catch our sleep on the plane, it’s our last few hours in London and all we will do is just stroll around and see what ever we can.”

Hyukjae sat hunched in bed, blinking lazily at a very pleading looing Donghae, wide eyes ,scrunched brows, pouty lips and all.

A sigh.

“Donghae-ah, I’m still tired, so if I rest now and in the plane I’ll be better when we land back and  then we can go Taco together-“

“But I want to spend time in London! With you!! And for a fact I know that you are not that tired because if you were we would not be arguing over this for the past twenty minutes!” Donghae threw up his hands, shoulders raised as he held Hyukjae’s gaze, Hyukjae who only tried flashing him a little smile and hoped it worked to appease Donghae, it didn’t, hunching his shoulders in defeat, forehead clearing of creases as he glanced away “alright don’t come, I’ll go myself” Donghae abruptly turned and walked out of the room.

“Hae-ah!” Hyukjae called out helplessly just as the door was slammed and muttered under his breath, frowning because great! Donghae was definitely cross with him, since lower than usual tone of his with a slightly quivering voice was a clear indication.

does he even know his way around London!?

After a few minutes of worrying his mind did not let him rest as one after another worse case scenarious began to fill in his head.

-

Donghae didn’t take much time at all, hasty brushing of his already neat brown hair, a nice scarf tied around the neck and throwing on his coat- Hyukjae and he had brought matching coats- before confidentelly marching out the hotel lobby. His phone clutched securely in his hand he stood there for a moment, smiling brightly. No he was not going to allow that little argument back there to dampen his mood.

It’s London, baby!” he cheered himself, toothy smile instantly spreading out, feeling pumped he began walking, crossing over streets and simply taking in the view. He in a lungful of breath and smiled, took pictures of him and the views as he kept strolling, making videos and posing, it was slightly lonely but it felt somewhat romantic as well.

Finally, London.

--

Meanwhile, Hyukjae who had been harassed enough by worry was out looking for Donghae.

Too bad that now he needed someone to look for him!

Uhm, excuse me?”

Hyukjae had to repeat that once more for that blonde headed guy to turn around, revealing a rather cold set of blue eyes as the guy cocked his head. Hyukjae gathered every and any English he knew to come up with the formation of words he needed to deliver now. So he shot a friendly smile, dipped his head slightly in greeting- the cold guy just stared- so Hyukjae began, willing the words to come out right.

I-uh..lost.” Hyukjae smiled helplessly, knowing that panic was not doing him good, he needed to freaking calm down because only a calm mind could help him English.

The guy cocked a brow “Lost? Lost what?” The blue-eyed guy narrowed his eyes in the faintest hints of concern “Lost your dog?”

Hyukjae gaped and instantly flailed his arm “I-uh no! No, not Dog I-umm lost..myself! I’m lost and also-ah looking for friend!” he managed to quickly ramble, better to say it all out right?

Wrong.

The blue-eyed guy was positively smirking, highly amused “Right” was all he uttered in that perfect British accent of his and just stared at Hyukjae more, who in return felt so freaking flustered.

Had he messed up? What the had he said?? Heck he could not recall his own words now because damnit why won’t this guy stop staring and help!!

“So you” the guy finally responded, sounding like he was done having his fun and pointed at Hyukjae, Hyukjae nodded vigorously as he pointed to himself almost on instinct “Are lost?”

More nodding, thank goodness for short words!

“And you are saying you lost your friend too or are you saying you are looking for someone to be friends with?”

, understanding things through that British accent was not easy.

Short please.” Hyukjae smiled, flustered and appearing oh so uncomfortable as he gestured with his fingers “Short-err

The blue-eyed man sighed; Hyukjae felt the skin around his coat collar growing extremely hot as the man smiled “Your friend. Lost?” Hyukjae’s lips parted in relieved smile as he nodded more “ yes yes!”

Why did he not just bump into a couple of his precious E.L.F, this guy obviously did not know who Hyukjae was.

That’s when he heard rather hushed whispers around and the minute he turned a bit, a pretty girl with brown eyes stepped up. “Hi Eunhyuk oppa! Uhm, are you okay? Are .you. alone?” she spoke slowly.

Oh bless the heavens and earth, the universe had literally waited for him to call out to it! His prayers had bee nanswered!!

Yes!” he said with a bit too much glee, eyes shining, lips smiling but then he put on the saddest pout, the girl was apparently having a hard time standing still as she barely suppressed a squeal-like sound as her face went a shade of pink. The guy Hyukjae had earlier talked to mumbled about needing to go, Hyukjae hastily tried to greet him a good day as the guy left leaving the girl and Hyukjae there.

“Do. You. need help. Oppa?” she looked truly concerned, making hand signs and talking very slowly and Hyukjae nodded again, gushing out a “Thank you!” as the girl offered to lead him back to his hotel.

 

They didn’t manage to walk a long distance because right in front of him stood a very happy and warm looking donghae who raised both his hands up and waved cheerfully as he approached the two” Hi!” he smiled  brightly at the girl. The girl stammered while Hyukjae, in utter relief, pulled Donghae in for a tight hug

“I thought I lost you, and I was so lost too, I got so scared, I’m so happy to see you, So freaking relieved to see you!!”

Donghae nuzzled and laughed into the crook of Hyukjae neck as he pulled back, not wanting for the girl to feel neglected.

“Aww, how did you get lost Hyukjaeah? Do not come out alone like this again, okay?~” For the girl’s benefit Donghae spoke in English, she giggled bouncing on the balls of her feet a little and Hyukjae glared playfully “Yah, I don’t get what you’re saying anymore but that look on your face—are you making fun of me??”

Donghae simply laughed more, delightfully translating what Hyukjae had said in Korean and the girl erupted in a fit of chuckles.

Thank you for helping him, we are very gratefull” Donghae gently wrapped an arm around her for a brief moment and the girl looked absolutely frozen as her face went a deeper shade of red “ No problem oppa! Please do come back soon, I will miss you!”

Hyukjae quickly jumped in to reply as he gave her a little hug as well “Yes yes, sure!Oppa loves you!” he cheered and the girl waved frantically, looking too red as she jumped on the toes of her feet, once the two began to walk away, Donghae confidently reassuring the girl that yes indeed he knew his way back to their hotel

 

Hyukjae shook his head at that large Cheshire cat  smile on Donghae’s face “Wow, for once it was me who needed help.”

“You ungrateful brat.” Donghae sniffed, lightly bumped his shoulder with Hyukjae’s as that 1000 megawatt smile got directed to Hyukjae who could not help but grin back. They walked in comfortable silence, the sun had begun it’s decent, the sky was bathed in a beautiful golden glow.

“I’m sorry.”

They ended up speaking in unison, looked at each other and breathed out amused chuckles.

“Nah~ I was being stubborn, I should have just come along when you asked.”

“So was I”

“You’re always stubborn, hae”

“Yah!” a slight push and Hyukjae was all coos and laughs, curling an arm around donghae’s back and bringing him to walk closer. Donghae was trying so hard to frown and look like he did not enjoy these little gestures from that brat.

“I really don’t want to go.” Hyukjae hummed as they neared the hotel, he felt the faintest brushing of lips upon his cheek for a very short time- ninja Donghae was in action again-he grinned nevertheless as he looked up to gaze into those tender brown eyes “Same, I meant it when I said on stage that I really don’t want to leave” Donghae half smiled and Hyukjae heard the sadness in his voice “ We will come back, real soon Hae, okay?”

Donghae’s eyes gleamed “Yes yes, sure!” he cheered, eliciting a hearty laugh from Hyukjae as they entered their hotel.