Of True Love and Chasing Criminals

A Collection

Eunhyuk skidded around the turn, boots almost slipping out from under him over the slippery and sleek tiles of the museum as he chased after the thief. It was dark but dim lights provided enough guidance for him to carry on with the pursuit.

Eunhyuk ended up cornering the man on a balcony on the third floor, the burglar whipped around, a crazy grin brightening up his face, ginger blonde hair flailing lightly in the air as he directed a crooked grin at him.

Eunhyuk was already holding a gun up, trained at him, expressions dead serious, slowly decreasing the gap between them, the burglar was a good-approximately fifteen steps away, Eunhyuk honestly felt creeped out by that expression of his, clicking off the safety he tensed “ don’t move! I’ll shoot!”

The ginger-head stuck his tongue out “Sure go ahead” a boisterous cackle as he continued to walk backwards towards the railing of the balcony

No way, was he thinking of jumping off three stories?

“I said stop!” Eunhyuk shouted sternly, the man didn’t stop though, so aiming the gun swiftly at his foot Eunhyuk pulled the trigger.

Silence.

The only sound was of the click, the gun malfunctioned and didn’t fire.

“Well..that was awkward~” the ginger head sang mockingly and raised up a thumb ”you tried” before flipping himself over the railing.

Eunhyuk was frozen in his spot.

ing damn this ginger maniac!

 

It was going up to the seventh month and Eunhyuk still was not being able to arrest the burgular popular of being not right in the head. It was not laways like this, Donghae and Eunhyuk had a history which Eunhyuk was trying to forget, but Donghae was insistent and boy did he have his ways of ‘insisting’.

 

So when later that night-more like near to sunrise- Eunhyuk dragged himself to his house, tired and feeling defeated he was greeted by the sight of a certain Ginger-head lounging on his couch, apparently bored and flipping channels. He bounced up and flipped away the remote control as soon as he spotted Eunhyuk “oh hey Cop, you’re finally back! Gosh, I almost died out of boredom”

Eunhyuk’s jaw was very near to dropping to the floor “How in the world did you get here?”

Donghae frowned at Eunhyuk as if he had asked a silly question “Drove over.” Was his casual answer.

Eunhyuk grit his teeth, not moving from his spot “I meant, how the did you get inside?!”

Donghae had the nerve to smirk, raising a mocking brow “Spare key under the mat?  Are you serious Eunhyukie? Placing it at such a spot, what if some burglar breaks into your place, God Forbid!” donghae exclaimed with much horror.

Eunhyuk glared “Oh that already happened. You are a burglar, remember?”

Donghae smiled, the kind of smile that appears when you’re trying to make a child understand that  he’s wrong, it was annoyingly sympathetic and Eunhyuk was slowly moving his hand to that revolver attached to his belt “Now now , Eunhyukie, it’s all a matter of perspective. Come now why are you trying to get your revolver out hm? That’s just cheating and so mean, did you ever see me pointing such dangerous things at you? You’re the one always doing that. Eunhyukie I think we need to talk, we won’t be able to work things out and sort out our relationship if we don’t talk. Come on, sit with me, and aw my baby must be tired, should I make some tea for you?”

Eunhyuk felt a headache come on

Baby???

Eunhyukie????

Relationship?????????????

“Donghae..” Eunhyuk slowly breathed out, trying to remain calm and focused “Firstly we have no relationship, secondly stop calling me nicknames and I am certainly not your baby, plus, would you be so kind and just let me arrest you?”

Donghae pouted in an exaggerated manner “Yes! What we had in highschool and throughout college was relationship enough for me! I still remember the way we would sneak away and make-out!!” Eunhyuk felt his cheeks heat up as intimate memories flooded through his mind, soon Donghae grinned, looking super excited “And arrest me? Aww sweetheart, are you proposing to me?”

“What the actual gave you that- argh! You know what!? just shut up! I can’t even bother with arrests so just get out!” Exhausted beyond his mind Eunhyuk pointed out the door, he was positively seething, he could not take it anymore!

Donghae cooed, his light brown eyes shimmering with a multitude of tender emotions as he shuffled over to Eunhyuk and latched onto his arm, Eunhyuk held his breath as Donghae pouted at him “Are you…mad at me? Did all the running after me tire you too much?  I’ll do anything to make you not mad at me anymore.”

Eunhyuk pursed his lips, nostrils flaring in agitation and sheer discomfort at the close proximity he was at with the crazed criminal “Then let me call someone to take you to jail.” Was what he quietly said, his eyes enlarging in disbelief once-after a moment- Donghae slowly nodded “Okay, if it makes Eunhyukie less mad at me” Donghae mumbled and Eunhyuk thought this had to be a joke.

Remaining cautious Eunhyuk instructed Donghae to go sit silently on the couch, the ginger-head obediently did, sitting like a tamed dog told to sit and stay. Looking all sorts of adorable and tender and loving or perhaps Eunhyuk was too bloody exhausted to be thinking this way. Once men from the police station did arrive and take Donghae away- not before Donghae blew a farewell kiss in Eunhyuk’s direction- Eunhyuk thought that yes, finally, the crazed and most wanted burglar was behind bars for good.

 

Well that’s what he thought.

Because the next night, Eunhyuk returned to his house and almost screamed in alarm as he spotted a widely smiling Donghae on the couch again who cheerfully greeted him “Welcome home darling! I made pumpkin pie!”

“Y-you were in jail!...I told you to go to jail—“

“Aw but baby~” Donghae slurred adoringly as he slinked over and wrapped his arms around Eunhyuk’s body “You told me to go to jail, not to stay there! So I did go as you told me and came right back! Because true love can’t be kept separated for too long.” Donghae cooed and peppered kisses all over Eunhyuk’s face.

Eunhyuk had frankly had it, this persistent and loving lunatic and his underpaid job were driving him up the wall, so he decide ‘screw it all’ as he pushed Donghae against the wall and kissed him senseless, pretending to not melt at the touches and caresses. Damn this brought back memories and Eunhyuk was reminded just why had he always had a thing for Donghae.