Morning Hottie- Final part

A Collection

Good morning indeed echoed in donghae’s head as he stared a bit before abruptly snapping out, and greeting him aloud with a friendly “Good morning to you too! “

The red-head introduced himself as the professor’s son- Hyukjae- flashing polite and reserved smiles, hands stuffed in pockets and shoulders some what rigid, oh yes Donghae was attentively observing the back that faced him. He quickly mentioned his own name and Hyukjae nodded a bit “I know what your name is.”

Donghae’s brows lifted “Oh yeah? How?”

Hyukjae cleared his throat- it looked more of a nervous habit than of a necessity- “Um, cuz Dad said ‘go let Donghae in.’ Soo uuuh..yeah.” Hyukjae ended with a little nod, pursed his lips and stopped once they reached the door and opened it for Donghae who made sure to flash him a wide toothy appreciative grin as he walked past.

 

Donghae was finding it very difficult to focus on the concepts the Professor was briefing him about, he was getting a new assignment, he mentally threw sarcastic comment of joy aimed at the Professor, while keeping a polite, understanding face punctuated by occasional nods of understanding.

Then again who could focus when they were- unexpectedly- in the home of a certain hottie they had been ogling at earlier. Donghae’’s chocolate orbs would dart towards the chair closer to the door where Hyukjae sat silently, lounging back and apparently deep in thought, with that same small frown there.

Ages later- that’s what donghae felt- the Professor excused himself to attend an important phone call but before he left he actually asked Hyukjae to carry on explaining the concept to Donghae.

Donghae wanted to hug his Professor so bad right then.

He, however, restrained himself from doing that and flashed a friendly smile at Hyukjae as the red-head moved over, sitting close enough to touch –which Donghae totally did not- “sorry for the trouble Hyukjae-ssi”

“Hyukjae, please. We are the same age, it’s just that Dad already explained it to me so..um..yeah.”

Donghae tilted his head a bit, not liking how Hyukjae kept himself from finishing his sentence, the red-head was constantly keeping his eyes lowered too, well that was troublesome, especially since Donghae was looking for some eye contact.

But Donghae was a grateful person, he thanked for what he got, and right now some alone time- even if it was simply listening to Hyukjae explain a certain Literary theory- was not less of a blessing for him. Donghae would hum in understanding, attentively scribble down notes, smile when they ma eye contact and lightly bite his lip to prevent the uncontrollable smiles whenever Hyukjae would abruptly look away.

The morning hottie had this absolutely adorable side to him and Donghae was getting attracted. Big time!

“So that is how it works.” Hyukjae ended the final explanation and Donghae felt sad about it because listening to Hyukjae’s voice felt great.

“Thank you so much Hyukjae” Donghae on purpose rolled his name a bit which made Hyukjae smile a bit, that same restrained smile and Donghae just honestly wanted to Hyukjae to smile more, to be more at ease, gosh the guy looked so stiff and awkward and not at ease at all. Donghae could not let this fateful meeting end like this! “I really do appreciate it so much, you must have piles of things to do yt here you are, taking out time like this, how absolutely generous of you. ” Donghae ended his little speech with a friendly smile, taking care to try and make it extra charming.

“Just trying to help out a fellow student.” Hyukjae replied with a smile that seemed awkward and bashful at the same time and still he managed to look so good and adorable that Donghae just wanted to take him home.

“Oh so if I ever have any problems..” Donghae trailed off, raising a brow hopefully and Hyukjae shrugged, rubbing the back of his head “Yeah sure, gimme a call and I’ll uh-“

“Awesome!” Donghae instantly brightened up and instantly dug out his phone “But you know…there’s a problem... with my cell phone”  Hyukjae stared at it questioningly and that look on his face just made Donghae shoulder’s shake as he chuckled “It does not have your number in it.”  He grinned all wide and cheerful and Hyukjae blinked blankly before realization dawned on him and his lips began to tug upwards as he muttered something about how old that pick-up line had gotten, Donghae was just too damn giddy as he watched Hyukjae type in his number into Donghae’s phone.

 

Donghae fist pumped as soon as he got into his car, his next target: a date.

And making the hottie his.

It was not easy, Hyukjae was an introvert, so it took loads of texting,, investigating about stuff Hyukjae liked- secretly obviously- sending a surprise gift to Hyukjae on his birthday and making sure Hyukjae understood that Donghae was paying special attentions to him.

 

Over the months Hyukjae actually began to open up, the ultimate opening up was that one fateful evening when they exited the amusement park, giggling and shoving playfully at each other. They realized that taking scary rides together actually helped them bond- but of course Donghae knew this, hence a ‘hang out’ over at the amusement park is what he planned for that day- they would cling to each other, screaming and laughing on top of their lungs.

That evening when Donghae leaned in in the attempt to plant a chaste kiss at Hyukjae cheek, Hyukjae shuffled back, instantly throwing the big question: what was he to Donghae?

Donghae, had thanked his wits to not freak out and had smoothly given a genuine answer that if Hyukjae gave him a chance he would honestly work to show what they could be.

So Hyukjae took a chance, his past heartbreaks warned him, yet that par of keen brown eyes did things to his heart no one else ever had. Donghae kept his side of the promise

Fast forward a few years and the two had moved in together in an apartment, stable earnings from a satisfying job and entirely in love. Hyukjae had opened up way more to Donghae, pouring out his insecurities and love, the once awkward morning hottie was now a confident beloved and every time Donghae would feel arms wrapping around his waist from behind him he would lean into his touch, they helped each other grow and at the same time had found something way more precious than they had ever hoped for.