Wooing and Courting

A Collection

A/n: Um

Have you guys read plays by Shakespeare? Yea, that will help!

Onwards good friend!

 

 

When Jungsu had nervously mentioned his cousin Donghae to be’ slightly different’, Hyukjae had good-naturedly brushed it off, saying every person was a different individual. That Jungsu need not fear and that it was absolutely fine for Jungsu’s cousin to share the apartment with him. The cousin’s Englsh name was Aiden, having been born and brought up in the U.K, living in a Palace of sorts, somehow linked to the British Royalty, the guy was to come to Korea for the first time and needed a place for a few months while he found one for himself.

So of course, Hyukjae warmly volunteered once Jungsu worriedly mentioned the cousin’s arrival. Besides he thought it would help brightening up the silent apartment of his.

 

Hyukjae had certainly not realized full extent of what Jungsu could possibly mean when he had mentioned donghae to be ‘slightly different’

Hyukjae winced as his room’s door was heavily knocked, he mentally counted three well timed knocks, a slight pause between each till Donghae was heard clearing his throat.

Hyukjae rolled his eyes as he lazily began to close his book

“Hyukjae-sii, I request Thee permission to enter-eth Thine sleeping chambers!” boomed from outside.

“Uh yeah, door’s open.” Hyukjae grumbled

“Pardon-eth me, I fail-est to  comprehend-eth what Thou speak-eth.”

Hyukjae groaned and marched right to the door, yanked it open irately only to reveal a cheerful looking donghae who instantly let out a silent gasp before he went on to bow 90 degree

“Uh no need for bo-“

Donghae instantly straightened up and stood at attention as he smiled charmingly “Hyukjae-ssi, I thank-eth Thee for taking out Thine precious time! I must address-eth something of great importance!”

Hyukjae stared, in a deep breath and breathed out “Yes, you may-st speak-eth of whatever-eth it is-eth. ith” retorting flatly, he scrunched his nose, Donghae’s eyes twinkled with absolute glee as he side stepped and gestured modestly with both arms. “Shall-eth I request-eth Thine company for evening tea?”

Hyukjae cocked his head, directing his gaze to where Donghae gestured and his eyes widened slightly at the variety of croissants and other baked products laid upon the table along with a steaming pot of tea, he smelt coffee too, with cups and other cutlery set on the table, for two.

He redirected his gaze to Donghae who still stood stiffly with that hopeful look in his eyes.

“Actually, yes I could use some tea, and food, my head’s been hurting like with all that reading.”

Donghae’s smiled as brightly as the sun as he gazed fondly at him and offered an arm “Then allow-est me to Thee to our table, I confess, there be-est the matter of most importance-eth” Donghae paused, Hyukjae’s brow twitched as he witness Donghae’s cheek grow pink as Donghae pulled out a chair for Hyukjae, gesturing sweetly. Furrowing his brows Hyukjae sat, almost hesitantly, feeling Donghae’s gaze on the back of his head rather than seeing. Donghae soon rounded around the table and sat across him, straight shoulders and polite smile, with a mix of something else that Hyukjae could just not point out at the moment.

The aroma of freshly baked cakes had him stretching out both hands, haphazardly filling his plate up, his stomach churned, reminding him of having skipped dinner while Donghae watched on with apprehension as Hyukjae simply dug in, wolfing down the cake one slice after other till it hit him.

Donghae had not touched a thing, heck he simply sat there….watching.

Swallowing a rather large chof a sudden , startling Hyukjae to which donghae sheepishly bit his lip, shoulders slightly slumped as he timidly reached out for a muffin which made Hyukjae sigh aloud, that caused donghae to freeze his movement and blink that Hyukjae expectantly.

“Donghae, look, we’ve talked this over and over, you do not have to maintain that manner of speaking around here. I’m no royalty, this is no palace, so please relax, alright?” he flashed donghae a reassuring smile, which caused Donghae to bow his head a bit. Hyujae shook his head in wonder as his smile grew “Donghae?”

He witnessed Donghae slowly raising his head, expressions as if he was willing himself to say something “Hyukjae-ssi…” he slowly started and Hyukjae gestured “Nah, just call me hyuk, alright? Not too hard right? Try it.”

Donghae blushed, looking elsewhere as he gaped his mouth, shut it, then gaped it again. The sight had Hyukjae shoulders shaking in silent laughter as he constantly tried to not laugh out loud while he kept coaxing the stiff gentleman to use that nickname

“H-hyuk.” Donghae finally stammered and Hyukjae clapped lightly, smiling widely while carelessly scratching  his leg “See! You did it! From now on, call me as just that, Hyuk.”

Donghae shyly nodded and Hyukjae decided to cut the guy some slack, he was going awfully red.

“S-so…hyukja-uh-hyuk, the matter of greatest importance be-eth that…I- allow me Thine permission-eth to c-court-eth thou”

“Mhm sure.” Hyukjae mumbled distractedly over the muffin he bit on, only the next second did he do a double take and almost choke over the bite he was trying to swallow.

Alarmed Donghae abruptly got up, reaching out for a small bottle of water placed nearby for Hyukjae and gently offered it to him. Hyukjae shook his head, eyes tearing and face heating up as he coughed it up till it felt all good.

Donghae’s face was pure worry and anticipation as he looked upon Hyukjae who was finally able to breathe.

“C-court me? Court as in..?” Hyukjae let out a chuckle of disbelief; he so did not see this coming-eth!

Sure he had heard of this term, well read it in some 15th century birtish novel but..

He cocked his head as he witnessed Donghae avert his gaze, blinking down with that small shy smile that always seemed too pure and angelic to be real. Donghae’s eyes flickered up, to meet Hyukjae’s gaze as he started in an oddly tender, hushed tone “Courting, uhm well, it be-est that, when a man or woman take-est interest in another. The permission of the love interest-eth is sought so as to properly woo them-eth.”

Love-interest?!?! “woo?” Hyukjae’s voice came out squeakier than he had wanted it to.

“Ah” Donghae sighed, his face growing an alarming shade of red this time, he brought out a sleek handkerchief and dabbed in frantically over his forehead, a nervous smile “Woo, I believe-est here-eth Thee may refer-eth to it-eth as ‘dateing’, but it be naught be entirely so..eth. Unless the other party does not-eth approve-eth, it shant be carried out-eth. Hence, I humbly and truly seek-th Thy permission.”Donghae blinked up, brown eyes swirling with hope.

Considering all his past love affairs Hyukjae realized he had truly been treated like . So perhaps this was what he a needed, a man like donghae who was seeking permission to even ‘start’ officially hitting on him.

“OH boy” Hyukjae sighed with a cackle and then he nodded “ Yes, Thou has permission-eth to-eth court-eth me-…eth” He drawled playfully.

This time the smile he received from Donghae would perhaps even beat the brightness of the sun.

 

--

 

A/n: I'm sorry? xD