002

Harsh

“I’m home!” Sehun called out to no one in particular as he bent down to take his shoes off. He then slipped into his comfy slippers and pushed his hands into the front pockets of his jeans.

Mrs Oh poked her head out of the kitchen and saw her dashing son who was currently advancing towards the couch. “Oh you’re home.” Her neck craned as she looked for someone.

Sehun grabbed a magazine on the coffee table and lazily flipped through the pages. Knowing his mother’s antics Sehun didn’t even need to steal a glance at her to know what she was doing. “Who are you looking for, mom?”

Mrs Oh flinched and bit her tongue. Got caught again. She sighed and took her apron off. “Where is Saera? It’s been awhile since she visited.” She made her way to the living room and sat next to her son.

“Hm? She was tired today so she went back home but she did say hi, though.” Sehun nonchalantly answered, earning a slap at the back from his mom causing him to wince. “You should’ve just dragged her here. I miss her.”

Sehun placed the magazine on the coffee table and massaged his back, still wincing. “Ouch, mom.” Mrs Oh rolled her eyes and snickered. “What a man.” She mocked.

Sehun briefly glared at his mom and straightened up. “And I couldn’t possibly drag her here when she’s tired. Plus, you have me! Why does it seem like you love her more than I do?” He exclaimed.

Mrs Oh shook her head and pushed herself off the couch. “Oh, quit being dramatic.” She walked away but stopped after a few steps and twirled around before snapping her fingers. “Ah, I almost forgot. Your dad wants to meet you in the study. Now.”

-

Knock, knock, knock

“Dad?” Sehun poked his head in the room and cautiously stepped in. “Um, dad?” Sehun called out again.

“Here.”

Sehun turned his head and saw his dad who was currently standing next to a shelf of books busy scanning through the books that were arranged neatly on it. Mr Oh took a glance at his son and nodded at the couch. “Come here.”

Sehun shrugged and made his way towards the couch before throwing himself onto it.  “So what’s up, pops? Mom said you wanted to see me.”

“It’s about the company.”

Sehun surpressed his desire to roll his eyes and breathed out. “This again? We’re seriously going to talk about this?” Sehun got up and stood next to his dad before continuing. “Again?”

Mr Oh sighed and rubbed his forehead. And in three, two, one.

“But daaaaaaaad. That world you want me to enter is harsh. Do you want me dieeeee?” Sehun ranted while grabbing both of his father’s arms, occasionally stomping his foot on the wooden floor.

Mr Oh shot his son a glare and Sehun let his father’s arms go in defeat. “Okay, okay. No need to glare. Sheesh.” Sehun looked down and played with his fingers.. “Okay, I will take over the company one day  but, for now, will you just let me enjoy my youth? Please dad?”

Mr Oh sighed for the umpteenth time. “Son, if sighing can lead to death I would be a goner long time ago.” He turned around before making his way towards the coffee table and played with the crystal ball that Sehun had bought for him last winter. All this while Sehun still had his gaze locked on the wooden floor like a guilty child who stole the last cookie from the jar.

“Okay.” Sehun’s ears perked and he immediately looked up just to see his father warmly smiling at him. “I’ll give you the time you want, son cause it’s true. Enjoying your youth is important so-“ Mr Oh couldn’t even finish his sentence when Sehun charged and welcomed him into a hug. “Thanks dad.”

Mr Oh chuckled and returned the hug. What did I do to get a childish son like you, Oh sehun?

That night,

Sehun just got out of the shower and quickly wore his boxers. Yawning, he lazily made his way towards the bed and sat at the edge of it. He grabbed his phone that was on the night table and let himself fall backwards onto the bed, loving how the soft covers welcomed him into a silky hug.

He slid his phone open and quickly went to the contact before proceeding to find a certain name. “Found it!” Sehun pressed the green button and rolled over so he was lying on his stomach. Why isn’t she ans-

“….. What do you want?”

Sehun frowned at the response he got and inwardly frowned. “Hey, is that how you greet your boyfriend?”

“Oh, I’m sorry, your highness.” Saera paused to roll her eyes. “But seriously Mr Oh. What do you want? Dad said I have to follow him to some meeting at eight tomorrow. So, will you hurry up?”

Sehun pulled the phone away from his ear and looked at the screen in disbelief. Is she on her period or- “Okay, miss grumpy. Goodnight and don’t forget to dream of me tonight. Love you.”

“Hm, okay. Love you too.”

Sehun faked a sniffle when he heard the other line went dead. The sad life of a loving boyfriend. He randomly hummed while scrolling through his contacts out of boredom when a certain name caught his attention.

Without hesitation, he pressed the call button.

“Yo, Mirae! You still up? Come over, I’m bored.”

 


Updated 131113 1:07am