007

Harsh

“So meeting’s over and I hope all of you took  note of what I’ve said. Thank you and you all are dismissed.”

Saera hurriedly gathered her things and waddled her way towards the headman, a sight which amused Lay who was busy packing his things.

Saera huffed and pouted at the old man clad in a suit. “Daddyyy” Mr Kim gave his daughter and stern look and whipped his phone out. “Be professional, princess.”

Saera moaned in distress and rapidly poked her father’s arm. “But, I really wanted that project! You said I need to learn but you never really give me anything big to handle.”

“Yeah, of course. You only choose the ones which involves fashion and cosmetics” Her dad slightly pulled his glasses down and was secretly enjoying the view of his daughter uncomfortably fidgeting. “We don’t want the thing that happened last time to happen again, right?”

Saera winced and the memory from before flashed in her mind. It was when her dad entrusted her to take care of a project with a famous cosmetics brand and Saera was all hyped to handle this project on her but she got a little bit carried away when the representative showed her a catalogue of their new line of products. Okay, maybe saying that she got a little bit carried away was an undertstatement because Saera literally bought every products they had for herself and hastily dismissed them without even having a thought about the project crossing her mind.

Saera immediately excused herself and grumpily entered her room. She placed her stuff messily on the table and slumped herself onto the chair. “Daddy will never entrust me with a project ever again.”

She twirled around in her office chair and stopped when she felt bored. She repositioned herself so she was facing the table and a picture of Sehun amidst the mountain of messiness caught her eye. Her heart squeezed and she looked away. I need a distraction.

She grabbed the phone and quickly dialled in a number. “Hello? Yeah. Give me all the paper works that are undone. Yes, thank you.”

-

The door to Saera’s office flung open and came in a dashing Lay who immediately made himself comfortable on the couch.

He stole a look at Saera and his eyebrows rose in amusement. “Wow wow someone’s busy.”

Saera looked up for a moment and shot him a glare before resuming to what she was doing. “Don’t you have work, Mr. Zhang?”

Lay pushed himself off the couch and shoved his hands into his pockets. He pursued his lips, his cute dimple, visible for the world to see. “Nope.”

He walked over to Saera and peeked at what she was doing. His eyes round and his lips frowned disapprovingly. “Yah. Why are you doing these? These aren’t even your work to begin with!” He exclaimed.

“Because I want to do it.” Saera simply answered.

Lay softened and stared at the woman in front of her. “Saera.” He softly called out for her. The girl herself, shivered at how delicate her name sounded and sighed. He knows.

He walked over so that he was beside her and twirled the chair so she was facing her. He bent down to level her height and searched her eyes.”Is everything okay? Is there something that’s been bothering you?”

Saera looked up and dejectedly nodded. “Yes.” She breathed. Lay grabbed her hands and pulled her to her feet. “Come on. Let’s get out.”

Lay grabbed her coat and handed it to her. “Wait for me downstairs, hm?” Saera only pouted and laid her head on his shoulder causing the man to laugh. “okay, okay. Let me make a call.”

He reached for the phone on Saera’s not so pretty table and punched in some numbers.” Hello? Can you clear Mrs Kim’s table? Yeah and make sure to bring the paper works with you. Thanks.”

 With that, he placed the phone back onto its original position and slung his arm protectively around Saera’s shoulder. “Let’s go.”

 


Updated 271113 10.59pm 

Sigh, I know the story is kind of draggy but I want you guys to understand better how the characters relate to one and another? Bear with me, okay?