008

Harsh

“He what?” exclaimed a very surprised Lay.

The colleges were currently at the coffee shop just across their office when Saera told the latter as to why she was so disturbed.

Saera calmly sipped her coffee and nodded. “Yeah, he shushed me up and I don’t know maybe I overreacted but ugh, can’t he be more humane? I mean come on, I’m his girlfriend!” Saera explained accompanied by explosive hand gestures.

Lay nodded understandingly but his face still showed some worriedness because that cup of coffee could’ve just slip from her hand and fly to God knows where. 

He gently took hold of her hand and grabbed the cup with his other free hand before safely placing it down on the table.

“But then”

Saera looked up questioningly at the latter and encouragingly nodded at him to continue. “But then what?”

Lay scratched the back of his head before bending over, his elbows resting on his thighs and said, “They are best friends for a really long time.”

Saera sighed for the umpteenth time and slumped back onto her seat, her gaze averted to the people who were passing by the cafe out side.“Tell me something I don’t know, Mr Zhang.”

Lay sighed and checked his phone soon his face contorted into a surprised one and giddly showed the the blank wallpaper at Saera.

Saera raised an eyebrow and made a mental note. Be sure to bring him to the doctors. Saera stared at the overjoyed man in front of her and pressed her lips into a straight line.“What? It’s empty!”

Lay rolled his eyes and his faced screamed the word duhh. “Yeah, meaning I don’t have work for the rest of the day! Oh yeah!” He stated and started to do some weird dance.

Now it was Saera’s turn to roll her eyes but she couldn’t deny the fact that the dance looked oddly familiar. Wasn’t it from some telephone line commercial or something?

Saera eventually continued to look outside because work was the least of her worries. Heck, her dad still haven’t gotten over the little accident she caused.

 She hummed to a random tune and observed the people outside when she caught a glimpse of blonde in the midst of the crowd. Her eyes trailed down and a gasp left her lips when she saw who owned that hair.

Her heart thumped against her chance at the thought of Sehun coming over to buy some coffee before visiting her at the office and a smile found its way to her porcelain face.

She stood up and wanted to go over to Sehun when she realised he wasn’t alone. “Oh, of course.” She muttered.

Lay followed Saera’s gaze and saw the familiar blond haired boy entering the café with a girl next to him. He shook his head gently before grabbing his coffee and gulped it down to the last drop. He winced at how strong the coffee was and his brain was buzzing with pain for a moment.

He crunched his face and went closer to Saera . “Let’s go?”

Saera snapped out her daze and was confused at the expression Lay had on his face. Saera decided to shrug it off and bent down to grab her purse when she noticed his empty cup.

She gasped and punched his shoulder lightly. “Yah! You crazy? You and I both know that we can’t handle coffee that well and there you go and drinking up the whole cup.”

Lay’s head was thumping by now thanks to Saera’s nagging and he raised a hand to shush her up. Seara softened and sighed. “What am I going to do with you?”

She stepped closer and raised her arms so she could gently massage his temple. “Better?” Lay gratefully nodded and let her hands do the magic.

Saera giggled, momentarily forgetting her boyfriend’s presence and continued massaging Lay’s temple. Both totally oblivious to the glare that was set on them.

 


Updated 271113 11.49 pm