003

Harsh

Sehun jumped onto his feet when he heard the doorbell rang and put on some appropriate clothes. Once he was done, he sprinted towards the door and cursed at how big the house was. “And my room just had to be all the way at the other end.”

Meanwhile Mrs Oh was already making her way towards the door when she heard loud shuffling coming from the second floor and shook her head. “Calm down, son. I can get it.”

She twisted the door know before pushing it open, revealing a familiar young girl by the doorway. Mirae, who looked like she was distracted immediately looked up when she heard the door creaked open. She raised her right hand and cutely beamed. “Hi auntie!”

Mrs Oh chuckled and quickly welcomed her in shutting the door behind them. She opened to say something but didn’t have the chance to do so when a panting Sehun reached them. He bent down and held his knees for support and raising a hand up, signaling them to give him a minute to catch his breath.

The two ladies rolled their eyes at the scene and snickered. “So much for loving sports.” Sehun looked up and glared at the younger girl. “Shut up, Mirae.” He straightened and nodded his head at the stairs, before leaving both Mirae and his mother behind.

Mirae shook her head, her luscious hair locks bouncing without effort and smiled. “Mrs Oh, I’ll be going up. Bye!” She gave her a polite bow and skipped her way upstairs which made the elder smile in return. “Stay for the night, okay? It’s getting late anyways and your parents wouldn’t mind, right?”

Mirae turned slightly and made an okay sign before continuing her way up. Once she reached the devil’s door, she sighed and took a step back. Smirking, she raised her fist and was about to pound on the door when the devil himself opened the it. He slapped her fists down and opened the door wider. “Are you going to come in or what?”

Mirae glared at him and harshly pushed him back. “Always so bossy.” She muttered earning a laugh from the latter. She threw herself on his bed and immediately cuddled wrapped herself in the covers. Hm, smells just like him. Her inner self giggled as she hugged the covers tighter.

“I didn’t call you over to sleep on my bed.”

Mirae small spazzing session stopped and she scrunched her face before sitting up, still holding onto the covers as if her life depended on it. “Young Oh, don’t you know that your room is my new hotel?”

Sehun shuffled closer to her and leaned in, placing a hand on the bed to stabilize himself. Mirae felt the bed dipped and a breath got caught up in . God, why am I suddenly nervous? She was pulled away from her tangled thoughts when she felt a harsh flick on her forehead. She ferociously rubbed the sore part and shot a glare at the tall male. “What was that for?!”

Sehun laughed and moved away. “That’s a reward for being such a lousy best friend.”

Best friend, best friend, best friend.

That poisonous label seemed to echo in Mirae’s head and she couldn’t help but wince. Just how was it so easy for him to just carelessly shoot those words out. Mirae’s heart squeezed and she looked away, gulping a lump that formed at the back of .

Sehun sensed the awkward actions his best friend portrayed and cocked his head to the side. “Yo, you okay?” Mirae instantly looked up and quickly painted her face with an annoyed expression. “Nothing. I’m just thinking of remarks that are appropriate to be shoven up your nose.”

Sehun clutched his stomach and laughed hysterically, his face turning red in a split second. Mirae smiled along and swooned at how melodic his laugh was. She sighed as she adored the laughing man in front of her and occasionally giggled.

Best friends. The word that Mirae hates the most because she knew that she couldn’t be anything more than that when it comes to Sehun. The two of them were originally neighbours since they were small which explains how they even became friends and not to mention how they were of the same age so everything just basically clicked for them.

Playtime that usually lasts for an hour eventually turns into a sleep over as they became closer at which the elders of course didn’t mind seeing how cute their little friendship was. Being great friends since they were in kindergarten dragged until high school and it seemed like they could never be far apart from each other.

Sure enough, they met new friends along the way and that was when a certain girl caught Sehun’s eyes. Sehun would observe her from far and would force his poor best friend to talk to her for him.

Kim Saera. Sehun swooned over his crush’s name the first time he heard it and would helplessly whisper her name in his bedroom, replaying how beautiful and gentle she was at school. Once he was tired with just being able to see her from far, he told Mirae to arrange so that he would meet Saera privately and when the exact thing happened, the two came out as the hottest couple in high school. Their love story didn’t end just there, though because much to everyone’s surprise and probably to the couple themselves, their love is still going strong until now.

Throughout the whole process of helping her best friend to court the girl of his dreams, she discovered a sick feeling that would form at the pit of her stomach every time she sees Sehun blush while staring at his crush or how he would rant at how beautiful she is and at that very moment, the ugly truth hit her.  

She was in love with her best friend.

Honestly speaking, it was hard to keep the feelings burried deep inside of her when Sehun would easily make her heart pump faster than needed. Not to mention the trouble to keep the butterflies away when she sees his angelic smile and how cute he looked when his eyes turned into small crescents. This certain Oh Sehun should be sued for being so perfect.

So, would someone kindly step up and explain to her at what exactly was she doing in his room at such an ungodly hour when it kills her to just even swallow her feelings down? Mirae looked to the side and saw Sehun lazily lying on the couch busy playing with his phone. She whimpered at how attractive he looked by just playing some random game on his phone. She pouted and ruffled her hair in frustration before sinking back into his bed’s welcoming embrace.

“So” Sehun started but stopped when he realized he was going to lose. “So what?” Mirae’s sentence came out as a muffle thanks to the covers that were wrapped around her.

Sehun cursed when he lost, tossing the phone away before draping an arm over his eyes. “So, let’s hang out tomorrow since Saera’s busy with some business related work. Ugh, gross.”

Mirae laughed and peeked through the covers. “One day you’re gonna be like that too, you know.” She stated as a matter of fact. The latter groaned and sat up. “Hey, do you still remember how to make your so called special late night snack? ” Making quotations in the air with his fingers when he said the word special .

Mirae scoffed and rolled around his bed out of boredom. “Obviously and hey! They are special, okay.” She stopped rolling and fished out her phone to check for messages when she realized the time.

 “Oh Sehun we’ve been lying around for hours and it’s already three in the morning and here you are suggesting us to make that snack right now.” She exclaimed, truly surprised at how fast time flies.

 Sehun stood up and scratched the back of his head. “Ugh you talk too much. But yes, it’s late and who cares? I’m hungry so, feed me.“

Mirae threw the covers away from her petite body and pushed herself off the bed. “Fine.” She paused before continuing, “but first, lend me some clothes. I’m lazy to go back home plus it’s already late and the shirt I’m wearing is uncomfortable.”

Sehun squinted his eyes and an aura of ‘are you kidding me?’ radiated from him. “But your house is just next door!” He exclaimed.

“Yeah but it’s late, ugh. And even if it’s not late, I’m still not gonna go cause blegh, I’m lazy. ” She simply answered. And because your clothes smells like you and I wish to wear them all the time.

 Sehun groaned in return and unwillingly went to his closet, retrieving a sweatshirt before tossing it at the stubborn girl in front of him. “Great not only my bed, but my favourite sweatshirt is going to be infected with your germs.” He muttered earning a kick at his shin from Mirae who walked away happily after hearing him whimper.

She was about to get in the bathroom when she stopped and turned around. She slightly waved the sweatshirt in the air. “Thanks again, best friend.” After saying those words and seeing how Sehun raised his fist to jokingly hit her from far made her run into the bathroom and shut the door close while laughing.

Even when she was all smiles and laughing, she couldn’t deny the lump that formed in when she called him her best friend. She longily stared at his sweatshirt in her hands and sighed before changing into them.

Best friends are what we’ll ever be, huh?

 


Updated 141113 1242 am

So basically I've lightly introduced the characters and how they met but don't worry I'll expand more about them along the way so, happy reading!