Week 4 - Day 6

Three Months

October 12, 2013

 

I didn’t wake up until six in the evening the next day. Thank god it was Saturday. Maybe I wouldn’t woke up at all if someone didn’t come banging on my door.

 

“Yah! Mi Hyun! Wake up!”

 

My eyes flew open and I blushed madly when I determined who it was: Jongin.

 

I immediately jumped out of bed, whining when the warmth left my body, and took a shower that I oh so needed. It was longer than I thought it was. I forgot to bring my clothes in the bathroom with me so I wrapped my body with a towel and walked into my room. No one would come in right? I mean, this is my privacy.

 

But, boy was I wrong.

 

I was just about to release my towel when Jongin came barging in. I yelped and pressed my back against the wall in shock. He had on a black tuxedo and his hair was styled the same way it was when he watched me fall down the stairs. He looked breathtaking. I could already smell his cologne from here. Wait; what was I doing? He walked in when I was about to change! I blushed furiously and lowered my head to look at the ground.

 

“Yah! Why are you taking so long? We have only thirty minutes!” He seemed unaffected by my half body. Maybe I was overreacting also? “Here, Mom wants you to wear this. Now hurry up!” He threw the dress on my bed and left.

 

Once the door was completely shut, I stared at the dress that was recklessly thrown on my bed. I remember this dress. This was one of the many dresses that Umma and Myung Hee made me try on. It was the only one that was not pink. It was strapless, short and it hugged the bottom of my chest. It was blue starting from the top, then, there were some pretty, white flower sewn in the middle, and then the dress became black and flowy. This is the only dress that I ever liked.

 

I scoop it up with my hands and walk to the bathroom, not wanting to get walked in on again. I release my towel, shivering when the cold air came in contact with my skin, and carefully slip the dress on. This is a beautiful dress on a not-so-beautiful girl, I sigh. I blow dry my hair; I decide that I shall let it down and straighten my hair for whatever event we are going to. And so, I straightened every layer of my hair, which was a lot, and put on a dab of makeup. I loathe wearing makeup, but if it matches my outfit, then so be it.

 

I put on a layer of mascara and lip gloss. This was my version of putting on makeup. Just a little bit was fine. I put on my pearl earrings that my parents got me for my thirteenth birthday and the flower shaped, diamond necklace they got me for my fifteenth. I walk back into my room, in search of the black party purse that Myung Hee gave me. When I found it, I placed my phone, wallet, and ear buds inside. I was just about to put on my converse when it dawned on me: converse + dress + party = nono. I sigh in defeat and walk downstairs to Umma’s room.

 

“Umma, do you have any-”

 

“Mi Hyun! You look so pretty,” she gasps.

 

I look like crap compared to her. I don’t understand why she even thought I looked pretty. Has she even looked in the mirror?

 

She had on a white, strapless, high-low dress that made her look like the goddess Aphrodite. Her hair had soft curls and she wore diamond earrings. She wore natural makeup and a silver watch along with silver high heels. She looked like a freaking teenager. Did she ever age in the first place?

 

“Uhm… might I ask, where are we going?” Appa walks out of the bathroom with a tuxedo and a Rolex, as handsome as ever.

 

“Don’t you remember?” – He starts with his husky voice, similar to Kai’s – “We have a dinner party today. We invited you and you said yes.”

 

I did? When did they ask that?

 

“Oh, that’s right. Sorry, I have bad memory,” I lied. I still had no clue. “Umma, can I borrow some shoes?”

 

She went crazy over that question. She called down her maids for one last job and that was to find “the heels”. I had no idea what that meant but it seemed like it was a big deal since it already had its own name. The head maid, Kyungmi Ahjussi, came to me with a shoe box in her hands. She handed it over to me. I looked at Umma for permission to open it and she eagerly nodded.

 

It was a black, ankle boot with two inch heels that stuck out in the back. It had shoe laces in the front and it felt as if I was wearing my combat boots. I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that Umma got this specifically for me, since we aren’t the same size. I guess she knew I despised high heels so she got me the shoe that was closes to my preferences.

 

“I got it just for you;” – I guessed – “Do you like them?”

 

“Yeah; thank you, Umma,” I held her in a tight hug.

 

--

 

I found it hard to sit still next to Jongin. We both sat in the backseat of the Kim’s silver Mercedes. Our thighs touched every time the car turned and I would jerk away from him. Did I just see him smirk? Ugh this jerk! I cross my legs and direct my body to face the window so we wouldn’t have any contact with each other. I was soon mesmerized by the bright lights that passed by like a baby. I didn’t even hear Jongin take a picture until he started cracking up about how I didn’t even notice.

 

I turn around and he takes another picture of me. I gasp and throw my hands over to get his phone. I’m okay with pictures, just not bad or ugly ones. I unclasp my seat belt to get a better reach but he keeps pushing me back. His laughter was like music to my ears. He should smile a lot; it gives him even more perfection. It’s as if we were little children, fighting over a toy.

 

He puts his hand behind his head, mine automatically reaching for it. But I stop before I get any closer. His nose brushed against mine. He was breathing by his mouth which tickled mine. One mistake and our lips would collide. I could feel a blush rise up my cheeks. My eyes keep averting from his to look at his lips. So plush and kissable. I wonder if I would get addicted. I wonder how good they taste. And finally, if he was such an expert as they said he was. But this would be my first kiss. Do I really want it taken away by Jongin?

 

He slowly moves his head forward, taking advantage of me in my trance, but his lips barely touched mine before I grabbed his phone and pulled away. I was breathing heavily, praying that Jongin doesn’t hear the sound of my heart pounding. I turn on his phone, thankful that he doesn’t have a password, and delete all of the photos he took of me. He just stayed where he was, watching me. We got to our destination by the time I was done. I gently throw his phone back to him before exiting the car and rushing to the bathroom.  

 

 

 

 

(A/N): Hey guyss! I havent updated in a long time-ish. Sorry 'bout that. I'm having writer's block :/ so I might not update Giving Up for another week or so but I'm trying hard making the next chapter at this very moment >.< Wish me luck!